CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

butters-n-bars.com

+4
Sebastain13
ChrsLvsBks
misskris
belleaenca
8 posters

Go down

butters-n-bars.com Empty butters-n-bars.com

Post by belleaenca 13th December 2010, 12:47 pm

Hola curlies,

In case anyone is interested, butters-n-bars.com is offering a 15% off through the month of December. I'm a big fan and thought to let you all know if you didn't already...Very Happy

B

belleaenca

Back to top Go down

butters-n-bars.com Empty Re: butters-n-bars.com

Post by misskris 13th December 2010, 1:27 pm

yeah i saw that too!!! Surprised) have u tried the Grow My Hair Butter?? OMG, it smells so good, if you like peppermint!! i just wanna eat it !! LOL Also have you ever tried the hair masque?? I bought it but haven't tried yet. If so what do you think anout it????
misskris
misskris

http://www.earthdust.com

Back to top Go down

Post by belleaenca 13th December 2010, 1:45 pm

hey misskris [wave] lol

No, I haven't tried either actually. I bought their shea butter and mango butter and cassia henna. I ended whipping a butter with the shea/mango butters to which I added some essential oils for hair growth and I'm loving it and my hair is finally starting to grow back in the problem area where the relaxer had been most damaging to me.

I also loved the cassia DT when I used it about 3 weeks ago and I can still see its effect when I wash my hair now. I'm going to be ordering more cassia and some of their other herbals to mix and freeze for future use. I also want to get the BQA henna to try on my mom and aunt who like color in their hair.

Let me know how you like the hair masque, I may give it a try. I've been thinking of trying bentonite clay (sp?) but I haven't found it in stores and I was thinking of just buying it from amazon...have you tried that?

p.s. totally unrelated, you look so much like someone I went to college with but she's still in NY so I know you're not the same person, but the resemblance is uncanny! Smile

belleaenca

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 13th December 2010, 2:13 pm

Hey Belleaenca (wave back-lol) Really? that's funny cuz I am from NY!!! LOL I was born in Queens but raised in LI. My sister still lives there though.

So no, I haven't tried that bentonite clay (and yes I think you did spell it right!! LOL) I had never heard of using clay in hair until joining CN. Well, then again, I hadn't heard of a LOT of stuff until then!! LOL People use that to cleanse the hair right? I also bought some shea butter from them but not the mango butter. I may get that next. I want to make some shealoe (another thing I never heard of since joining!!)
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 13th December 2010, 2:14 pm

Have you ever henna'd before? I bought my henna from them and I used lemon juice like they said to even though a lot of people said don't use it. So now I have major dry scalp/dandruff that I didn't have before I henna'd. It's really annoying!!!! UGH!!!!
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 13th December 2010, 2:35 pm

misskris wrote:Have you ever henna'd before? I bought my henna from them and I used lemon juice like they said to even though a lot of people said don't use it. So now I have major dry scalp/dandruff that I didn't have before I henna'd. It's really annoying!!!! UGH!!!!
I have heard great things about the hair masque. I want to say a couple of folks on YT used it. I will try to find out who did reviews and provide you their names.

As far as the dry scalp, it may be the change of seasons esp. if you live in an area where it is cold now. You can try a spritz of water (can add some aloe vera juice or gel, if you like) and essential oils (EO) of peppermint & tea tree. Please remember to use only 1 - 2 drops of EO for every 4 oz of water and/or aloe vera. The peppermint will provide tingle and stimulation and the tea tree oil will provide astrigent properties. You may also add lavender for soothing effects.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 13th December 2010, 3:36 pm

Thanks ChrsLvsBks!! Now I am wondering if the tea tree oil I put in my EVOO was too much. I just put some in and it is strong so I wonder if using too much could have contributed to my dry scalp....??? I can add more oil though to correct that. Thanks for the info.
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by belleaenca 13th December 2010, 4:47 pm

@misskris - I haven't tried henna because I don't like color in my hair, except my natural color that is hehe. I've tried only the cassia henna which doesn't add any color to brunettes and I love the conditioning benefits of it...for your dry scalp, have you tried co-washing with a moisturizer conditioner since you henna'd?

ChrsLvsBks's suggestion is a good one, you should also check with naturally chelsea over on the Big Sis forum, she's really knowledgeable and may have additional suggestions. Good luck, grl!

belleaenca

Back to top Go down

Post by Sebastain13 13th December 2010, 4:53 pm

misskris im having problems with itchy scalp & was wondering if the Grow My Hair Butter will help with that Im going to do some research before making the purchase I have joined your castor oil challenge & have been adding tea trea oil to it to help but just wondering if daily is too much
Sebastain13
Sebastain13

http://<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/">

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 13th December 2010, 5:03 pm

hey Belle. I didn't cowash, I just washed on Friday (a week after I henna'd)with shampoo and conditioner and then I deep conditioned as well w/LeKair Cholesterol, honey and evoo.
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 13th December 2010, 5:07 pm

Hey Sebastain. I don't know if daily is too much. I am the wrong person to ask!! LOL But I probably need to do the tea tree as well. I have some in my evoo mix but since I'm only doing castor oil I will add some to that now too. And because of the castor oil challenge I haven't really used the GMHB yet but i LOVE the smell of it. I did put some in my fingers to see how it felt and it's nice. It melts nicely.
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by Nessa101 13th December 2010, 10:32 pm

miss kris could you believe i'm still waiting on that damn butter! ugh
Nessa101
Nessa101

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 13th December 2010, 10:53 pm

When did you order it? Mine seemed to have taken a whiel too, but not long enough for me to call and cuss em out!!!! LOL
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by Nessa101 13th December 2010, 10:54 pm

LOL I've been waiting for about a week an a half. I'm just realy anxious to try it! Have you been using yours as a sealant?
Nessa101
Nessa101

Back to top Go down

Post by bfree 14th December 2010, 3:12 pm

Hey MISSKRIS...I'm from LI as well.
Anyway ladies, I have tried the hair masque and it really did a wonderful job on my hair. Made it feel really light and fluffy. My hair is short now but if it were longer, I know i'de see the results even more. Initially, I was afraid because it is pink in color, but all hints of the color definitely wash away. It just seems though, that they dont give you enough. The jar is pretty small. My hair is short and so I could only get two uses from it before it was all gone...
bfree
bfree

Back to top Go down

Post by bfree 14th December 2010, 3:16 pm

The bentonite clay from vitaminshoppe is much cheaper and has the same effect. plus you can use it as a facial masque when yoou mix it with vinegar. I havent tried it as a hair masque but my coworker did and I could tell the difference in her hair the next day! I use it as a facial masque every week and I'm telling you it really clears your skin!
bfree
bfree

Back to top Go down

Post by TLog77 14th December 2010, 7:14 pm

Do they have any butters comparable to Carol's Daughter Healthy Hair Butter? Good prices?
TLog77
TLog77

http://www.purplefabric.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by belleaenca 14th December 2010, 7:46 pm

Hi ladies,

@misskriss and NESSA101 - my experience was a little less than two business week.
They have a disclaimer on the site that says that shipments will be ready in about 7 days and then there is the time that actually takes for it to be delivered.

@Nessa, yours should be arriving any day now... from my experience, it just felt like an eternity because I was so anxious to get my products...

@bfree - thanks! I will definitely check it out Smile

@Sebastian and misskriss - be careful with the tea tree oil, it is very strong and it will definitely dry out your skin and scalp. But as I have learned, its all trial and error Wink

@TLog77 - I'm sorry, I'm not familiar with Carol's Daughter's product as yet so I can't speak for it...but I did like the prices of the butters. I bough 1lb of organic raw shea for $8 vs at the store which was $7.99 for 1/2lb and it smelled ransic No

belleaenca

Back to top Go down

Post by Nessa101 14th December 2010, 8:39 pm

belleaenca thanks! Your right i'm really anxious to try it Very Happy
Nessa101
Nessa101

Back to top Go down

Post by Berry3674 15th December 2010, 3:44 pm

I just tried the butters and bars hair mask last week. I don't know if i'm using it right, but it's very stiff and hard to spread throughout your hair. Almost clay like. So after making a mess I scooped some out and mixed it with my regular conditioner and made a more workable paste. I can't say the results were stellar but it could be because I mucked it up. I'd love to hear what others are saying about it.
Berry3674
Berry3674

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 15th December 2010, 4:00 pm

Yeah. I guess because all the stuff is hand made and packaged the wait is worth it.
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by Nessa101 15th December 2010, 6:11 pm

It came it came!! I can't wait to try it when I go home Very Happy !!! Now I just have to wait for the bee mine I ordered lol
Nessa101
Nessa101

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 15th December 2010, 6:20 pm

Nessa101 wrote:It came it came!! I can't wait to try it when I go home Very Happy !!! Now I just have to wait for the bee mine I ordered lol

Hahaha!!!! A little excited are we??? LOL Very Happy
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by belleaenca 15th December 2010, 8:02 pm

LOL
@Nessa101 - let us know what you think!

I actually ordered a bunch of stuff today too, I just couldn't resist the 15% discount. LOL

belleaenca

Back to top Go down

Post by Nessa101 15th December 2010, 8:38 pm

I definitely will Smile I'll most likely try this weekend
Nessa101
Nessa101

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down