CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ayurvedic Poo Bars

+6
Ambitious_Tiff
makeupvixen
Curlock Holmes
naturallynola
Sebastain13
mizcreativelyme
10 posters

Go down

Ayurvedic Poo Bars Empty Ayurvedic Poo Bars

Post by mizcreativelyme 2nd December 2010, 10:26 am

Hey curlies! Does anyone incorporate an Ayurvedic poo bar in their regimen? If so, do you notice a difference in the feel/health of your hair using this versus a "mainstream" poo?

I found this site http://www.chagrinvalleysoapandcraft.com/shambar.htm via nappily evah aftah's blog.
mizcreativelyme
mizcreativelyme

Back to top Go down

Ayurvedic Poo Bars Empty Re: Ayurvedic Poo Bars

Post by Sebastain13 2nd December 2010, 11:34 am

I had thought about purchasing one to use for my hair but wasnt sure Do you use one & how has it worked for you?
Sebastain13
Sebastain13

http://<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/">

Back to top Go down

Post by mizcreativelyme 2nd December 2010, 12:14 pm

Sebastain13 wrote:I had thought about purchasing one to use for my hair but wasnt sure Do you use one & how has it worked for you?

I haven't tried one yet, but I'm thinking about it as well. When it comes to the amount of soap you get in comparison to the price, it appears to be similar to the price of a high quality poo. So it may be worth a try. For just $2.60, the samples may make for good stocking-stuffers Smile

Last edited by mizcreativelyme on 2nd December 2010, 12:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
mizcreativelyme
mizcreativelyme

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 2nd December 2010, 12:16 pm

Creative, I bought the Babassu and Marshmallow and the Mud/Clay one, but that one is on my list. I looked at some YTers who liked the ayurvedic soap. FYI - Alot of people love the Neem and Tea Tree one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xci45x5J2Kw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjCpDxi2Voo&feature=related

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by mizcreativelyme 2nd December 2010, 12:21 pm

naturalnolagirl1900 wrote:Creative, I bought the Babassu and Marshmallow and the Mud/Clay one, but that one is on my list. I looked at some YTers who liked the ayurvedic soap. FYI - Alot of people love the Neem and Tea Tree one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xci45x5J2Kw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjCpDxi2Voo&feature=related

Thx Nola, I'll check out the vids. How did you like the ones you purchased? Did you purchase them locally or online?
mizcreativelyme
mizcreativelyme

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 2nd December 2010, 12:49 pm

I purchased them online at the Chagrin Valley site you posted. I have so much stuff I have not used the Clay bar yet. I have only used the Babassu/Mashmallow bar one time. It seemed fine. I don't have anything negative to report. However, I want to use it a few more times to really form an opinion. I will say my contacts with them were positive. I received great customer service from them and the bars were here in no time flat. The gentlemen I spoke with was very nice and informative.

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by mizcreativelyme 5th January 2011, 11:08 am

bump
mizcreativelyme
mizcreativelyme

Back to top Go down

Post by Curlock Holmes 5th January 2011, 1:50 pm

Ive tried the Ayurvedic bar, as well as a few others. The Ayurvedic one was my favorite, I thought it was moisturizing and it lathers well.
Curlock Holmes
Curlock Holmes

Back to top Go down

Post by makeupvixen 8th January 2011, 4:39 am

I love the bars from Chagrin Valley. I am doing all Ayruvedic treatments this year and unless I'm testing a product for YT review then I will be using Ayurvedic stuff.

I have Ayurvedic Poo Bars, Amla Powder, Herbal treatments from Henna Sooq, Ayurvedic oils like Lakshmi Oil, Coco Loco, Nefertitti Oil and my favorite butter QB Amla and Olive Heavy Cream. Videos to follow on each of them.

Next video will probably be the Chagrin Valley Ayurvedic Poo Bar, then the others, I have about 12 bars from them, and we aint talking sample size, lol.
makeupvixen
makeupvixen

http://makeupvixen.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by mizcreativelyme 8th January 2011, 11:50 am

makeupvixen wrote:I love the bars from Chagrin Valley. I am doing all Ayruvedic treatments this year and unless I'm testing a product for YT review then I will be using Ayurvedic stuff.

I have Ayurvedic Poo Bars, Amla Powder, Herbal treatments from Henna Sooq, Ayurvedic oils like Lakshmi Oil, Coco Loco, Nefertitti Oil and my favorite butter QB Amla and Olive Heavy Cream. Videos to follow on each of them.

Next video will probably be the Chagrin Valley Ayurvedic Poo Bar, then the others, I have about 12 bars from them, and we aint talking sample size, lol.

i just placed an order from CV and i can't wait till it arrives. i'm trying to hold off on my wash till it gets here. i ordered a few sample sizes of ayurvedic bars, carrot n honey, and something else. i'll report back once i try 'em out.
mizcreativelyme
mizcreativelyme

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 8th January 2011, 1:42 pm

I'm excited to hear your reviews!! bounce I have been eyeing their bars for about a month now. There's so many I want to try I don't know where to start. scratch I will likely order some next week... The Babassu and Olive just sounds so lucious... I am wondering if these are gentle enough to be used in place ofand shampoo and co washing...
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by makeupvixen 8th January 2011, 2:18 pm

Yeah, I have the carrot milk and honey,haven't tried it yet either. I'm uploading the Ayurvedic review to Youtube right now. I'm so excited to try all of these bars. I'm just a big kid. At night I just pull out the drawer and box with them and just look at them and smell them, LOL, that's how much of a junkie I am, lol
makeupvixen
makeupvixen

Back to top Go down

Post by makeupvixen 8th January 2011, 2:24 pm

Ambitious_Tiff wrote:I'm excited to hear your reviews!! bounce I have been eyeing their bars for about a month now. There's so many I want to try I don't know where to start. scratch I will likely order some next week... The Babassu and Olive just sounds so lucious... I am wondering if these are gentle enough to be used in place ofand shampoo and co washing...

Oh yes gurl yes they are the bomb! The coconut cream conditioner is great for co-washing, I love that one, I have 2 large bars of that. Since Marshmallow Root makes my hair super soft I'm going to try the Babassu Marshmallow Root next and then the Babassu Oilve Oil, I have almost all the moisturizing poo bars and moisturizing soaps from them.

I'm uplading the Ayurvedic one now and I just recorded the Seabuckthorn Salve. So they both should be up on Youtube to see soon. I think I will try the Rose Clay next month on my hair, tried it on my face and it's a keeper.
makeupvixen
makeupvixen

Back to top Go down

Post by mizcreativelyme 8th January 2011, 5:16 pm

makeupvixen wrote:Yeah, I have the carrot milk and honey,haven't tried it yet either. I'm uploading the Ayurvedic review to Youtube right now. I'm so excited to try all of these bars. I'm just a big kid. At night I just pull out the drawer and box with them and just look at them and smell them, LOL, that's how much of a junkie I am, lol

lol! that is too funny b/c that's prob how I will be when mine arrive. sooo excited and i will be sure to check out your review on the tube.
mizcreativelyme
mizcreativelyme

Back to top Go down

Post by shamonica38663 10th January 2011, 10:04 pm

I will be purchasing the sample of the Ayurvedic Herb Shampoo Bar, I am just waiting on two of their other products to come into stock and then I will be making the purchase. I can not wait.

shamonica38663

Back to top Go down

Post by creolebeauty1 10th January 2011, 11:38 pm

I have been using this African black soap maybe i should give this a try instead ? i think i just might and see witch i prefer i already my hair hates shampoo it tangles and matt up once it even hears shampoo lol
creolebeauty1
creolebeauty1

Back to top Go down

Post by NaptownCurls 11th January 2011, 4:58 pm

I have to also co-sign on the Chagrin Valley shampoo & body bars. I ordered 3 sample shampoo bars for my hair, and using the Neem & Tea Tree Oil Body & Hair bar for my face, which I really like.

Shampoo, even natural non-sulfate ones, were just too drying to my hair, so I switched to the shampoo bars. So far I've used the Babassu & Marshmallow, which I really like.... makes my hair soft and curls poppin. I also have the Carrot Milk & Honey and Olive & Babassu I haven't tried yet.

NaptownCurls
NaptownCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by mizcreativelyme 12th January 2011, 7:27 pm

YAY!!! chagrin valley poo bars have arrived.. coconut milk, ayurvedic herb, carrot milk & honey, olive & babassu. i'll report back after i try them.
mizcreativelyme
mizcreativelyme

Back to top Go down

Post by mizcreativelyme 24th January 2011, 12:07 pm

reporting back chicas.... i used the ayurvedic herb from chagrin valley this weekend and OMGeepers, has my hair been missing out. Curlock Holmes, you were right about the suds.... i I love you suds and this one delivered. aside from that, my hair felt clean & moisturized, without the sqeaky/dry feel. i believe i have found my new poo-love!
mizcreativelyme
mizcreativelyme

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturalG.R.I.T.S. 26th January 2011, 1:21 pm

I heart my Chargrin Valley Ayurvedic poo bar...that the only poo I use right now...I'm on a Ayurvedic challenge the first part of the year as well. May get the Babassu & Marshmallow next.
NaturalG.R.I.T.S.
NaturalG.R.I.T.S.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down