CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

wow my bc scared me!!!

5 posters

Go down

wow my bc scared me!!! Empty wow my bc scared me!!!

Post by zeekd 18th January 2011, 8:55 am

My hubby shaved my head a few days ago on no 4 which left little sticks of relaxed hair on myu ends. I look like a porcupine Smile

Did you want to not leave the house after your bc as me? I'm tired of answering questions as to why.

Did your texture shock you. I always thought my curl was looser but its very kinky and now it scares me.

What do I do with my twa? I cw everyday and put revlon flex gel in ( I'm sure that's no regimen).

What products can I use cos I'm in South Africa and we don't stock lots that you do.

I'm slowly starting to get over the shock, until I have to leave the house.

zeekd

Back to top Go down

wow my bc scared me!!! Empty Re: wow my bc scared me!!!

Post by mizcreativelyme 18th January 2011, 10:04 am

congrats on your BC! confidence....confidence...confidence is what it takes to rock a TWA. you were brave enough to make the step to BC, now work it girl! what products do you have access to? if you have access to hair conditioner and gel, i advise co-washing and trying out a little gel for styling. do an extensive search on you tube for 'short natural hair.' you will find much inspiration and product advice. best wishes chica cheers
mizcreativelyme
mizcreativelyme

Back to top Go down

Post by Nali1987 18th January 2011, 10:21 am

Some TWA youtubers I like:
https://www.youtube.com/user/bambiix2?blend=2&ob=1
https://www.youtube.com/user/SimplYounique

I think it's pretty normal to be overwhelmed by your twa at first, give yourself time to get used to it and to figure it what products work best with your hair.
Nali1987
Nali1987

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 18th January 2011, 12:25 pm

Hey Zeekd!!! Yes!!! Congrats on the BC!! And I totally agree with Mzicreativelyme. You made the biggest step so now all you have to do is "work it"!!! I am sure you have access to some natural oils out there like Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO), or coconut oil, avocado oil. These are all great for the hair (and skin). You should use a moisturizer like a leave in conditioner and then seal it in with one of these oils or a shea butter. You hair will be just fine. Do you have a pic to post??? I'm sure it's cute!!!

afro
misskris
misskris

http://www.earthdust.com

Back to top Go down

Post by zeekd 18th January 2011, 2:36 pm

Thanks so much ladies you all are too adorable. I honestly can feel the love and support of this group. I guess I was put off mostly by the negative reactons. Today I faced my fears and went places I did not want to. It was not all that bad. It wasn't great either but I made it.

I do have a pic but have no idea how to post it.

We do have all the natural oils and I'll go get some asap. The only leave in I used before was TLC bone straight, doubt that's gonna work now Wink

Everyday brings new confidence and hearing my hubby (who is Indian who has pin straight hair lol) tell me how hawt I look Smile

I ask of this group to support your sister all the way in South Africa cause I am not turning back!!!

zeekd

Back to top Go down

Post by CrAvInG_CuRlZ:) 18th January 2011, 2:55 pm

Congrats! Work that twa gurl! I know It can be scary at first but the great thing about a twa is that you get to appreciate each stage of your hair as it grows and you will really learn your texture from scratch. Twas can be a lil dry at first so make sure you deep condition, moisturize once or twice a day and seal that moisture in with an oil or butter. I bet you look great!
CrAvInG_CuRlZ:)
CrAvInG_CuRlZ:)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down