CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I want to bc so bad...but too scared!

+3
laleepop14
Janet36603
Curly_Star_19
7 posters

Go down

I want to bc so bad...but too scared! Empty I want to bc so bad...but too scared!

Post by Curly_Star_19 2nd June 2010, 12:44 am

Ok so my plan was to be a very long term transitioner so I could grow most of my hair out and eventually just do a mini chop but lately I have been really playing with the idea of bc'ing. The only thing about it is that I've never had short hair and I'm super afraid and I'm going to hate my twa and want to get a weave to hide it. I would love to rock a twa and be proud but I'm not sure I have the confidence to do so. On top of that my bf, my family, and my friends would probably FREAK if I chopped my hair off. I've been transitioning 7 months and I think I'm growing tired of two textures and I'm ubber anxious to see what my natrual curl pattern is like but what if I regret it... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] what I am to do!
Curly_Star_19
Curly_Star_19

Back to top Go down

I want to bc so bad...but too scared! Empty Re: I want to bc so bad...but too scared!

Post by Janet36603 2nd June 2010, 3:25 am

You could always try a protective style for a while like I did. Like kinky twists or braids. That way your hair can take a break and you won't have to worry about it as much as it grows out some more. Maybe by the time you take them down you'll be ready to BC!

The worst that could happen is that you BC and don't love it at first...and you can always put the twists or braids back in for a little while.
Janet36603
Janet36603

Location : Montgomery, AL (and Birmingham, AL on the weekends)

http://jlhorace.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

I want to bc so bad...but too scared! Empty Re: I want to bc so bad...but too scared!

Post by laleepop14 2nd June 2010, 3:17 pm

I was the same way and I finally BC'ed last week!!! I was super scared and even after I did it I was like WTF did I just do?!?!I know this was a journey that I was focused on and eventually was gonna do it anyway, I just sped up the process a little and can now say Im fully (well still have a few relaxed strands) natural!!! I could not stand dealing with my two textures and it would just make me want to pull out my hair!!! I transitioned just shy of 10 months and before I BC'ed I did have in some senegelase twists I did myself for about a month or so and that helped obviously cause I couldnt cut my hair in braids. But it was a nice break but even after I took them down I was still sick of those ends and the two textures.. I mean eventually you are gonna cut it off anyway so why not do it if you are sick of the two textures?? Its only gonna get worse as your new hair grows longer. Its like a battle of the healthy...lol..and the new growth is always gonna win casue those relaxed ends are damaged goods to your hair. You can always cut it off and weave it up or braid it up til it gets to a better length that you are more comfortable as long as you are taking care of your hair while its in one of those styles... More power to those who can transition longer, but I couldnt do it anymore and planned on doing it for a year at least...

I had a decent amount of new growth when stretched, but when it dries after being wet???? I look like I have a TWA!!! Shrinkage is something else and I have been rocking braid outs to get some more length and Im starting to love my hair. I like it now, but it is a change that takes some adjusting too...It also takes times to find which products are gonna work best for me and my hair..

Hope I helped some..
laleepop14
laleepop14

Back to top Go down

Post by ashollan 3rd June 2010, 9:54 am

I am with you. I planned to be a long-term transitioner but I am toying with the idea of BC at 10 months. I am about to get a sew-in this week and leave it in for a few months and when I take it out I may just BC. If I dont like it or I am not comfortable with the lenghth I will just get another sew in (which has definitely worked for me but I just cant wear them back to back...I have to let my hair rest for a month).
ashollan
ashollan

Back to top Go down

Post by blaque_irish 3rd June 2010, 4:45 pm

I transitioned since September 2009 before I decided to cut my hair. I had hair down to the middle of my back and did the chop just to my shoulders. I was not ready to do the major chop for the TWA. I am happy with what I did and do not plan on chopping my hair again until October. I want to have a little more length with my natural hair before the scissors come out again. I am happy with my choice to do the chops in stages. I personally would not know how to take care of putting braids in my hair or weave. I want to get used to working with my natural hair.
blaque_irish
blaque_irish

Back to top Go down

Post by Curly_Star_19 3rd June 2010, 8:10 pm

Thank you all so much for all your encouragement and help. I am still undecided on what I want to do although I am still constantly thinking about how much I would love to see myself fully natural. I am just going to keep taking this day by day and enjoying the journey. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Curly_Star_19
Curly_Star_19

Back to top Go down

Post by DivinelyDesigned 3rd June 2010, 9:11 pm

Only you whill know when you are REALLY ready. If you are scared now, just give it more time. Write your goals down and place them in a place that you frequent regularly (frige, mirror) & stick to them. If you are just tired of dealing with the two textures, get some braids to give yourself a break. You can re-evaluate when you take your braids out. Good luck on your journey.
DivinelyDesigned
DivinelyDesigned

Back to top Go down

Post by Treece 4th June 2010, 11:30 pm

I've been jumping back and forth. First I was Long-term, then I wanted to B/C at 1 year, and now I'm back to long-term. A lot of women who have B/C'd are happy with their short hair. So even if you're scared you may enjoy it. My hair stylist transitioned long-term, and I guess she's the encouragement I use to be able to do it for the long run. If you don't want to make a quick decision then just try and do something to take your mind off of B/Cing for the moment until you can think about it rationally. Your hair is always going to grow, there's no need to do what you don't want to. If you want a break from seeing the two textures, maybe a weave, sew in, or something can give you a much needed break. Smile
Treece
Treece

Back to top Go down

Post by Janet36603 5th June 2010, 10:00 am

I totally agree with Treece! Once you put your hair in a protective style, you can kind of forget about it for a while. And for me it made me miss seeing my curlies so when I do take my twists down for a wash, it's like Christmas instead of a chore!
Janet36603
Janet36603

Location : Montgomery, AL (and Birmingham, AL on the weekends)

http://jlhorace.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down