CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scared to BC.........

+2
mrsrenaissance
ShanettaH
6 posters

Go down

Scared to BC......... Empty Scared to BC.........

Post by ShanettaH 22nd August 2010, 8:09 pm

So Im getting close to my 8th month post relaxer. For the last couple of weeks Ive been thinking about doing my BC. Now orginially I wasnt even goin to BC at all because i didnt want to cut my hair. But now i feel myself getting more and more anxious to see my hair in its natural state. But i'm also scared to death to cut my hair. LOL I dont wanna do it myself for fear of cutting off too much but I dont want to let some random person do it because you just cant trust everyone in your hair. Talk about a huge PROBLEM!!!!! I just finished washing and detangling my hair and I almost grabbed the scissors and went to work but again I second guessed myself and said forget it. Does anyone have any advice? Has anyone been through this samething?? Is anyone going through this now??

ShanettaH

Back to top Go down

Scared to BC......... Empty Re: Scared to BC.........

Post by mrsrenaissance 22nd August 2010, 9:23 pm

Don't do it! Very Happy Some people just can't take the 2 textures & BC faster than planned, but it doesn't seem like you're quite ready. I'm almost 17 mths post relaxer, & sometimes I do get the urge to just cut off the relaxed ends (would definitely go to a stylist because I don't have the skills to cut my own hair), but those times are rare.

I'm all for BCing, but only when you're 100% ready...because there's no going back Cool Good luck!

Oh, & in the meantime you should ask around for some stylist referrals. That way you have someone in mind when you are ready. I have been referred to lots of diff natural stylists but just recently found one I love so I know she'll be the one I go to when I'm ready.
mrsrenaissance
mrsrenaissance

Back to top Go down

Post by HappyCurly 23rd August 2010, 11:48 am

if you are anxious to see what you have, you could try a test patch. like ten strands of hair, 15 at the most. that should be like two clumps of hair. get them wet with conditioner, cut where you see the texture change. pick a spot that no one sees, not near where you part to make styles. like maybe in the middle of one side. then you can see how it curls up, how much shrinkage you have. maybe put the rest of the hair in pony tails, so you can see what this small section does. i agree, don't bc yet.

HappyCurly

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 23rd August 2010, 12:06 pm

I agree with MrsRenassiance
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by DaButterflyBAP 24th August 2010, 12:01 am

Don't do it until you are ready! You will know.

Good luck!
DaButterflyBAP
DaButterflyBAP

http://butterflybap.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rayray19 24th August 2010, 12:17 pm

yea don't chop until you are absolutely sure this is what you want to do..the big chop is a BIG change and you have to feel confident about your decisions before you feel confident about your self..
rayray19
rayray19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down