CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Im scared....

2 posters

Go down

Im scared.... Empty Im scared....

Post by chocolate-kinks 5th April 2010, 3:16 am

I'm afraid of stretching my hair. I know some of you might say, are you serious? there is nothing wrong with that. Well to me it could be. When I was suppose to be going "natural" I was told to put a texturizer in. When I had my texturizer, I constantly slicked the front of my hair and the front of my hair became damaged and bone straight. Now that I'm natural the front is still limp and does not have much curl pattern. I'm a little scared to blow my hair out period. Since I've gone natural I have not slicked down the front again. Tried protein treatments like aphogee (burned my scalp) and the front never reverted. I can't even do a really nice wash and go because the front is so limp. My natural hair B-day is coming up on the 17th. I have braid in, but I'm not taking them out till sometime in May. I was thinking that maybe after I take them out I should give myself a blow out to see my full length, but I am frightened. I don't want the front to become worst than it already is. I know I have to use a heat protector, but I don't know if I should take the risk of the front becoming straighter.
chocolate-kinks
chocolate-kinks

Back to top Go down

Im scared.... Empty Re: Im scared....

Post by Karyn 5th April 2010, 3:22 am

You could try banding. Or what I do sometimes to stretch my hair (if I have to go outside), I just twist my hair in big twists, and put it up in a bun. Oh and if you want to try a protein treatment, you can try henna since it's natural. I think cassia is also a protein treatment too, plus it doesn't deposit color.

Sidenote: Woo! Another teen from NYC [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Karyn
Karyn

Back to top Go down

Post by chocolate-kinks 5th April 2010, 3:24 am

Karyn wrote:You could try banding. Or what I do sometimes to stretch my hair (if I have to go outside), I just twist my hair in big twists, and put it up in a bun.

Sidenote: Woo! Another teen from NYC [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Lol yep another teen. How long have you been natural? and what product should I put in my hair if I want to put them in big twist?
chocolate-kinks
chocolate-kinks

Back to top Go down

Post by Karyn 5th April 2010, 3:34 am

chocolate-kinks wrote:
Karyn wrote:You could try banding. Or what I do sometimes to stretch my hair (if I have to go outside), I just twist my hair in big twists, and put it up in a bun.

Lol yep another teen. How long have you been natural? and what product should I put in my hair if I want to put them in big twist?

Since the seventh grade, but I only started taking care of my hair recently. I usually just put conditioner and then whipped shea butter with coconut oil to seal in the moisture.
Karyn
Karyn

Back to top Go down

Post by chocolate-kinks 5th April 2010, 3:36 am

Karyn wrote:
chocolate-kinks wrote:

Since the seventh grade, but I only started taking care of my hair recently. I usually just put conditioner and then whipped shea butter with coconut oil to seal in the moisture.

Your hair is fantabolus. Your curls are soooo popping in your display. I commend you for going natural in the 7th grade. Thats truly brave
chocolate-kinks
chocolate-kinks

Back to top Go down

Post by Karyn 5th April 2010, 3:39 am

chocolate-kinks wrote:
Karyn wrote:
chocolate-kinks wrote:

Your hair is fantabolus. Your curls are soooo popping in your display. I commend you for going natural in the 7th grade. Thats truly brave

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Thank you! Lol, it was only cause I was mad my hair kept falling out [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Karyn
Karyn

Back to top Go down

Post by chocolate-kinks 5th April 2010, 3:43 am

Karyn wrote:
chocolate-kinks wrote:
Karyn wrote:
chocolate-kinks wrote:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Thank you! Lol, it was only cause I was mad my hair kept falling out [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Lol I totally understand. What did you put into your hair so it could look like that? also I've heard of banding,so I'll consider that.
chocolate-kinks
chocolate-kinks

Back to top Go down

Post by Karyn 5th April 2010, 3:47 am

chocolate-kinks wrote:
Karyn wrote:
chocolate-kinks wrote:
Karyn wrote:
chocolate-kinks wrote:

Lol I totally understand. What did you put into your hair so it could look like that? also I've heard of banding,so I'll consider that.

It was probably V05 Moisture Milks Conditioner, then Herbal Essences Hello Hydration Conditioner, and then my whipped shea butter with coconut oil. It was like an old twist out that looked really busted the next day, so I tried to revive it with some products hahaha
Karyn
Karyn

Back to top Go down

Post by chocolate-kinks 5th April 2010, 3:49 am

Karyn wrote:
chocolate-kinks wrote:
Karyn wrote:
chocolate-kinks wrote:
Karyn wrote:
chocolate-kinks wrote:

It was probably V05 Moisture Milks Conditioner, then Herbal Essences Hello Hydration Conditioner, and then my whipped shea butter with coconut oil. It was like an old twist out that looked really busted the next day, so I tried to revive it with some products hahaha

Its still really nice. I cant wait till my hair gets that long.
chocolate-kinks
chocolate-kinks

Back to top Go down

Post by Karyn 5th April 2010, 3:53 am

chocolate-kinks wrote:
Karyn wrote:
chocolate-kinks wrote:
Karyn wrote:
chocolate-kinks wrote:
Karyn wrote:
chocolate-kinks wrote:

Did you recently BC?
Karyn
Karyn

Back to top Go down

Post by chocolate-kinks 5th April 2010, 3:57 am

Karyn wrote:
chocolate-kinks wrote:
Karyn wrote:
chocolate-kinks wrote:
Karyn wrote:
chocolate-kinks wrote:
Karyn wrote:
chocolate-kinks wrote:

Did you recently BC?

no i BCed last year April, 17th. My curl patttern is really tight and I trimmed my hair a lot because of scab hair and single strand knots. My hair is all different lenths some 6 inches, some 5 and some 4.
chocolate-kinks
chocolate-kinks

Back to top Go down

Post by Karyn 5th April 2010, 4:04 am

chocolate-kinks wrote:
Karyn wrote:
chocolate-kinks wrote:
Karyn wrote:
chocolate-kinks wrote:
Karyn wrote:
chocolate-kinks wrote:
Karyn wrote:
chocolate-kinks wrote:

Did you recently BC?

no i BCed last year April, 17th. My curl patttern is really tight and I trimmed my hair a lot because of scab hair and single strand knots. My hair is all different lenths some 6 inches, some 5 and some 4.

I always admire teens who have enough confidence to BC. I could never do it; my self-esteem is shot lol. What exactly is scab hair? I get a few single strand knots too; I hate them so much. My hair is also a whole bunch of lengths cause it was so broken off from the relaxer [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Karyn
Karyn

Back to top Go down

Post by chocolate-kinks 5th April 2010, 4:10 am

Karyn wrote:
chocolate-kinks wrote:
Karyn wrote:
chocolate-kinks wrote:
Karyn wrote:
chocolate-kinks wrote:
Karyn wrote:
chocolate-kinks wrote:
Karyn wrote:
chocolate-kinks wrote:

Did you recently BC?

I always admire teens who have enough confidence to BC. I could never do it; my self-esteem is shot lol. What exactly is scab hair? I get a few single strand knots too; I hate them so much. My hair is also a whole bunch of lengths cause it was so broken off from the relaxer [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Oh Thank you and you could do it, you just have to tell yourself that your gorg no matter what. Here is the perfect explanation for it http://growblackhair.net/blog/scab-hair-it-is-real
chocolate-kinks
chocolate-kinks

Back to top Go down

Post by Karyn 5th April 2010, 4:17 am

Eek. I hate having dry hair as it is. Scab hairs must suck a lot [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Karyn
Karyn

Back to top Go down

Post by chocolate-kinks 5th April 2010, 4:18 am

Karyn wrote:Eek. I hate having dry hair as it is. Scab hairs must suck a lot [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

It reallllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy does.
chocolate-kinks
chocolate-kinks

Back to top Go down

Post by Karyn 5th April 2010, 4:23 am

chocolate-kinks wrote:
Karyn wrote:Eek. I hate having dry hair as it is. Scab hairs must suck a lot [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

It reallllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy does.

Well, I hope you have no more of them Very Happy What products do you use? Oh and are you still on break?
Karyn
Karyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down