CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Castor Oil

+2
tiashaunteé
Miz B
6 posters

Go down

Castor Oil Empty Castor Oil

Post by Miz B 4th December 2009, 6:02 pm

I recently just received my Jamaican Black Castor Oil w/lavender and had no idea it was so thick! I applied it after washing & deep conditioning my hair then did the twist n curl; woke up and my hair was an oily mess! I guess a little goes a long way. I may just start using it on my edges. Right now I have enough oil to last me into next week! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Miz B
Miz B

Back to top Go down

Castor Oil Empty Re: Castor Oil

Post by tiashaunteé 4th December 2009, 7:36 pm

I read (and actually did this) that if you mix a little bit with a lighter oil, like sweet almond oil, that it easier to spread and control. I am using the regular Castor Oil and I am loving it mixed with a light oil.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Mimi 4th December 2009, 7:47 pm

I received it today and I love it!

Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post by p_nuttie43 4th December 2009, 7:54 pm

ive been using castor oil since thanksgiving weekend. I was just putting it on my hair or putting it with my shea butter, almond oil, olive oil mix

im going to try mixing it with some other oils by itself...

TIA: so I did an experiment. its been getting really cold in the morning and i've noticed that my curls would be all frozen or crunchy when i walk outside when i used olive oil.
-- the other day i used castor oil (I think i saw something about it being good for cold weather on the forum) and my hair did not get stiff or crunchy.....
p_nuttie43
p_nuttie43

Back to top Go down

Post by Miz B 4th December 2009, 7:58 pm

wow! okay thanks ladies [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] i will try and mix it with a lighter oil.
Miz B
Miz B

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 4th December 2009, 10:45 pm

If you decide not to mix it a little bit definitely goes a loooooong way lol My hair actually likes the thickness of it. If I do a twist out or flat twist out my twists come out super JUICY! I love it. I'm out of castor oil at the moment but I will be re-upping tomorrow! YAY! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=25004315&a

Back to top Go down

Post by tiphani 5th December 2009, 1:50 pm

So is there a difference between the jamaican castor oil and traditional castor oil found in health food stores (like the Home Health brand)? I have the Home Health brand now, but Im a PJ like nobodies business Laughing and will go get the jamaican oil if the difference is worth purchasing it. Thanks curlies!
tiphani
tiphani

Back to top Go down

Post by Miz B 5th December 2009, 8:16 pm

Yeah, I heard on the forums the jamaican black castor oil was better so I just ordered it from http://jamaicanblackcastoroil.com/index.html I've seen the other castor oil in whole foods and it's not as thick. I'm going to mix it because it's too heavy for my hair. My hair is not super thick. I can't wait to see the results from using it.
Miz B
Miz B

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 6th December 2009, 12:20 am

I think I'm going to give this jamaican black castor oil a try since I've run out of the regular stuff anyway. I usually seal in my hairs moisture with castor oil but have been using my whipped shea butter mix since I've run out.
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=25004315&a

Back to top Go down

Post by tiphani 6th December 2009, 3:27 pm

Miz B wrote:Yeah, I heard on the forums the jamaican black castor oil was better so I just ordered it from http://jamaicanblackcastoroil.com/index.html I've seen the other castor oil in whole foods and it's not as thick. I'm going to mix it because it's too heavy for my hair. My hair is not super thick. I can't wait to see the results from using it.

Thanks Miz B. I will have to add this to this list to try.
tiphani
tiphani

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down