CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My PJ plan of attack (I co-wash everyday)

+5
mizcreativelyme
creolebeauty1
Mandi'sGoneCurly!
Lynnieluve
DreamMerchant
9 posters

Go down

My PJ plan of attack (I co-wash everyday) Empty My PJ plan of attack (I co-wash everyday)

Post by DreamMerchant 6th January 2011, 12:57 am

Ok, I have a plan of attack (yea, remember that list I posted in the PJ rehab thread?). I took all of my products to the basement and put them in a closet. I left out some things to use. That way, when I open my cabinet, I do not feel so overwhelmed when I see all that stuff. Here is what I left out:

1. Giovanni 50:50 because I have been co-washing my hair everyday for the past month.
2. coconut oil because it penetrates the hair shaft
3. sunflower oil because it is my sealent
4. Lusters Scurl gel activator for moisture
5. Nyle shampoo once a eek to prevent product buildup
6. every other day I do an amla treatment (leave on an hour and wash out)

Here is what I do:
1. Co-wash
2. add coconut oil to wet hair
3. add Scurl to wet hair
4. spray water and conditioner on my hair again
5. seal with sunflower oil

I hear that you cannot use glycerin based products in the winter because it sucks the moisture from your hair. I figured that if my hair is wet, then the coconut oil will provide a small barrier against the glycerin. Then I spray it with the water + conditioner to kind of sandwich the glycerin between water. Then the sunflower oil seals it all toeghter. So far my nails have grown tremendously but I am not measuring my hair until May.
DreamMerchant
DreamMerchant

http://public.fotki.com/DreamMerchant/

Back to top Go down

My PJ plan of attack (I co-wash everyday) Empty Re: My PJ plan of attack (I co-wash everyday)

Post by Lynnieluve 6th January 2011, 1:35 am

Sounds like a good plan
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

My PJ plan of attack (I co-wash everyday) Empty Re: My PJ plan of attack (I co-wash everyday)

Post by Mandi'sGoneCurly! 6th January 2011, 1:37 am

Oooh. All my extra products in a closet in the basement... Sounds like something I need to try. Hope it works!!
Mandi'sGoneCurly!
Mandi'sGoneCurly!

Back to top Go down

Post by DreamMerchant 6th January 2011, 2:19 am

Mandi'sGoneCurly! wrote:Oooh. All my extra products in a closet in the basement... Sounds like something I need to try. Hope it works!!

Thank you ladies. This is my New Years resolution! I can do this! I have been doing this since Monday (the basement thing) and I feel good. When I wake up and open that clean hair cupboard, it makes me feel very light and healthy. I am not fumbling around and knocking stuff over.
DreamMerchant
DreamMerchant

Back to top Go down

Post by creolebeauty1 6th January 2011, 2:23 am

YOu can do it Smile
creolebeauty1
creolebeauty1

Back to top Go down

Post by mizcreativelyme 6th January 2011, 10:24 am

way-to-go cheers
mizcreativelyme
mizcreativelyme

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 8th January 2011, 10:20 am

How is this going for you so far?
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by FalconTress 8th January 2011, 11:36 am

I hear that you cannot use glycerin based products in the winter because it sucks the moisture from your hair. I figured that if my hair is wet, then the coconut oil will provide a small barrier against the glycerin. Then I spray it with the water + conditioner to kind of sandwich the glycerin between water.

Congrats to you for not giving up your glycerin without trying to develop a strategy to work around its humectant properties.

You can use glycerin all year if you balance the hydration (water) of your hair. Finding the right combination is trial & error, like balancing protein & moisture. What you described (wet hair + water in the spray) sounds like a good plan for having enough moisture left in your hair after the glycerin molecules have attracted the maximum water that they can hold.

FalconTress

Back to top Go down

Post by DreamMerchant 9th January 2011, 12:53 am

sweetdrk1 wrote:How is this going for you so far?

It is going really well thank you for asking! I have to re-twist every three days or my hair starts to tangle or dred or something. I have about 1/3 of the bottle of Giovanni gone. Woot woot! My hair is soft and moisturized so I think sandwiching the glycerin works!
DreamMerchant
DreamMerchant

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 9th January 2011, 1:45 am

Awesome!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 9th January 2011, 11:08 am

FalconTress wrote:I hear that you cannot use glycerin based products in the winter because it sucks the moisture from your hair. I figured that if my hair is wet, then the coconut oil will provide a small barrier against the glycerin. Then I spray it with the water + conditioner to kind of sandwich the glycerin between water.

Congrats to you for not giving up your glycerin without trying to develop a strategy to work around its humectant properties.

You can use glycerin all year if you balance the hydration (water) of your hair. Finding the right combination is trial & error, like balancing protein & moisture. What you described (wet hair + water in the spray) sounds like a good plan for having enough moisture left in your hair after the glycerin molecules have attracted the maximum water that they can hold.

@Dreammerchant - I used to avoid glycerin based products in winter also because I heard the same thing. However my hair became really dry when I tried to eliminate humectants from my regimen. I continue to use glycerin and I've had no problems with it. Just remember everyone's hair is different.
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyMo 9th January 2011, 8:35 pm

@DreamMerchant~

LOVE the basement thing!!!...Im doing RIGHT NOW!!!!!
CurlyMo
CurlyMo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down