CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Transitioning and Twisting DOES IT WORK??

+2
Mandi'sGoneCurly!
Kekecurly
6 posters

Go down

Transitioning and Twisting  DOES IT WORK?? Empty Transitioning and Twisting DOES IT WORK??

Post by Kekecurly 6th January 2011, 12:35 am

Hey everyone Im currently at a 3month transition and have tried to do twists but they literally unravel or loosen by the time im on my 2nd twist Mad . Is it because of the heat damaged hair that i have or is it because im not doing it right??

Ive tried a holding gel and product but FAIL and I only have 2 inches of new growth, any suggestions??? Crying or Very sad

Kekecurly

Back to top Go down

Transitioning and Twisting  DOES IT WORK?? Empty Re: Transitioning and Twisting DOES IT WORK??

Post by Mandi'sGoneCurly! 6th January 2011, 1:27 am

Do you attempt your twists on wet or dry hair? I would recommend wet hair and if it still doesn't stay, try twisting with hair gel... Hope this helps!
Mandi'sGoneCurly!
Mandi'sGoneCurly!

Back to top Go down

Transitioning and Twisting  DOES IT WORK?? Empty Re: Transitioning and Twisting DOES IT WORK??

Post by kekesmom29 6th January 2011, 4:42 pm

It could be your twisting method. Do you twist each section of hair then twist around each other or just twist? You could also try to rod the ends.
kekesmom29
kekesmom29

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 6th January 2011, 5:42 pm

Hi, kekecurly, try a twist and curl by place a perm rod at the end of your twists.
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by Kekecurly 6th January 2011, 7:15 pm

Thank you guys so much im going to try each of your methods very soon. Its been one of the hairstyles ive been craving!!! cheers

Kekecurly

Back to top Go down

Post by Beautifully_Me 14th January 2011, 4:24 pm

Hey Kekecurly I'm like you, I'm about 4 months into my transition as well and I did a twist out last night on my wet hair..I parted my hair in 4's and from there i parted it in 2's and i wet each section as i went..I used leave in conditioner and some gel to do the twist and then i used flexi rods to secure them to my head..sat under the dryer for a half hour then air dried the rest of the night..when i went to untwist them i jus put some oil on my fingertips and untwisted..took my pick and fluffed and this is what i got:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I hope you find a way that works for ya..This is my 3rd attempt at a twist out and this way works the best for me
Beautifully_Me
Beautifully_Me

http://idontgetit28.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SweetieOne 15th January 2011, 1:29 am

i'm alittle over 3 months post relaxer myself, and i only twist on wet or damp hair and i roll the ends with flexi-rods like beautifully_me. The flexi-rods are the only way i can get my hair to stay, so maybe you can also try this method also
SweetieOne
SweetieOne

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down