CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Taliah Waajid Curling Cream

5 posters

Go down

Taliah Waajid Curling Cream Empty Taliah Waajid Curling Cream

Post by coilykinks 3rd January 2011, 10:20 pm

Has anyone tried this product? Allthatsgold did a product review on youtube and she had great results. I wanted to know if anybody else had any insight on this product.
coilykinks
coilykinks

Back to top Go down

Taliah Waajid Curling Cream Empty Re: Taliah Waajid Curling Cream

Post by letha 4th January 2011, 10:32 am

I have the product but only used a little bit on the natural part of my hair.. it curled up nice just not like the Loc it up gel did but that was only a test run too..

I'm transitioning and when I did my twist outs I used her loc it up gel.. I love that stuff.. My Natural part got so curly when I tried this..

Hopefully someone can help you that may have tried the product.
letha
letha

Back to top Go down

Post by coilykinks 4th January 2011, 5:09 pm

Thanks. Does the Loc it up gel make your hair hard?
coilykinks
coilykinks

Back to top Go down

Post by aggieche 4th January 2011, 5:49 pm

The Lock it Up Gel does not leave your hair really hard. Also, a little goes a long way. It is by far my favorite product I have tried so far. I always get a good curl and use it on finger coils and twist outs.

aggieche

Back to top Go down

Post by letha 4th January 2011, 6:27 pm

It doesn't get my hard at all.. Like aggieche said it you can get a good curl from it..
letha
letha

Back to top Go down

Post by mahoganytresses 6th January 2011, 3:47 am

letha wrote:I have the product but only used a little bit on the natural part of my hair.. it curled up nice just not like the Loc it up gel did but that was only a test run too..

I'm transitioning and when I did my twist outs I used her loc it up gel.. I love that stuff.. My Natural part got so curly when I tried this..

hey letha, how long have you been transitioning? When will you bc? Sorry I know this is completely off topic ya'll!
mahoganytresses
mahoganytresses

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallytexan 7th January 2011, 1:53 am

I just bought this product today on a whim, I actually went to the BSS to buy the Elasta QP Mango & Olive Oil Moisturizer and ended up buying this. I applied it to my 4 day hair and it made it really soft and moisturized. The true results will be in the morning when I do my twist out.

Odd thing happened while I was in the BSS, a white lady walked in and asked one of the owners "where do you keep your shampoo." This question completely caught him off guard. He asked what shampoo are you looking for. She replied "Loreal" as she was looking down the aisles. He said "Ma'am we don't carry that". She was pretty dumbfounded that they didn't carry Loreal. I really wanted to tell her you are not the customer base that this store is aiming for. At any rate it made me say to myself what the heck are you doing in this store. Normally I don't do the BSS thing but I was out of the Elasta product and knew this store carried it. This store was built earlier this year from the ground up and I believe they have also leased an old Blockbuster storefront two blocks down the street. My daughter told me they have 20something locations in the Houston area. It just blows my mind how we spend so much money on "beauty supplies" and the distribution and storefronts are owned by Asians. So much so that they do not have to be concerned about meeting the needs of white women...think about it. smh

With that said if I really like this product I will place a direct order online and skip the BSS.
naturallytexan
naturallytexan

Back to top Go down

Post by letha 7th January 2011, 8:58 am

mahoganytresses wrote:
letha wrote:I have the product but only used a little bit on the natural part of my hair.. it curled up nice just not like the Loc it up gel did but that was only a test run too..

hey letha, how long have you been transitioning? When will you bc? Sorry I know this is completely off topic ya'll!

Dec 12th made 1 year and I'm thinking about June to either BC or keep going.. Trying to get some length so at least I can get to pull my hair back in a puff..
letha
letha

Back to top Go down

Post by letha 7th January 2011, 9:04 am

naturallytexan wrote:I just bought this product today on a whim, I actually went to the BSS to buy the Elasta QP Mango & Olive Oil Moisturizer and ended up buying this. I applied it to my 4 day hair and it made it really soft and moisturized. The true results will be in the morning when I do my twist out.

Odd thing happened while I was in the BSS, a white lady walked in and asked one of the owners "where do you keep your shampoo." This question completely caught him off guard. He asked what shampoo are you looking for. She replied "Loreal" as she was looking down the aisles. He said "Ma'am we don't carry that". She was pretty dumbfounded that they didn't carry Loreal. I really wanted to tell her you are not the customer base that this store is aiming for. At any rate it made me say to myself what the heck are you doing in this store. Normally I don't do the BSS thing but I was out of the Elasta product and knew this store carried it. This store was built earlier this year from the ground up and I believe they have also leased an old Blockbuster storefront two blocks down the street. My daughter told me they have 20something locations in the Houston area. It just blows my mind how we spend so much money on "beauty supplies" and the distribution and storefronts are owned by Asians. So much so that they do not have to be concerned about meeting the needs of white women...think about it. smh

With that said if I really like this product I will place a direct order online and skip the BSS.

You can also try CVS and I think Target had it.. Only thing is I would love to order from The owners site myself but her shipping for 1 bottle is something else.. Her bottles for protective mist runs $8 and that is her shipping.. Yea we do give those BSS a lot of money and when you go in there some of them treat you bad following you like I plan to steal something.. I don't go as much but when I do go its only 1 here in greensboro that don't do that and I mostly go to that one. I mostly go for my hair extensions for braids or cornrows. Sometime the hair accessories.
letha
letha

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down