CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My curiosity or am i a product junky ?

+5
Lynnieluve
misskris
Ambitious_Tiff
yacoomba
creolebeauty1
9 posters

Go down

My curiosity or am i a product junky ? Empty My curiosity or am i a product junky ?

Post by creolebeauty1 2nd January 2011, 12:19 am

So far in my transition i think i found my staples i love Giovanni conditioners and leave in , i also plan on keep whipping my shea butter with my oils as my Sealant , but every now and than i get the urge to use some other conditioner and stuff after i BC i plan on trying curly Kinky line because i heard such great things about it , i also want to try the Yes to line and Carol's daughter line as well but i still will , i usually do the kimmaytube leave in , can i do that with all this other conditioners ? am i a product junkie ? and what products do you plan on trying even though you have something that works great ? confused
creolebeauty1
creolebeauty1

Back to top Go down

My curiosity or am i a product junky ? Empty Re: My curiosity or am i a product junky ?

Post by yacoomba 2nd January 2011, 12:22 am

creolebeauty1 wrote:So far in my transition i think i found my staples i love Giovanni conditioners and leave in , i also plan on keep whipping my shea butter with my oils as my Sealant , but every now and than i get the urge to use some other conditioner and stuff after i BC i plan on trying curly Kinky line because i heard such great things about it , i also want to try the Yes to line and Carol's daughter line as well but i still will , i usually do the kimmaytube leave in , can i do that with all this other conditioners ? am i a product junkie ? and what products do you plan on trying even though you have something that works great ? confused

Well I'm transitioning too and I'm currently in the PJ Rehab Challenge, so I'm probably not the best person to answer the above questions. I'll let the non-PJ'ers or recovering ones provide guidance as I will following the thread closely pale lol!
yacoomba
yacoomba

Back to top Go down

My curiosity or am i a product junky ? Empty Re: My curiosity or am i a product junky ?

Post by creolebeauty1 2nd January 2011, 12:28 am

LOL its so many products we can use i want to try them all OMG im a product junkie lol
creolebeauty1
creolebeauty1

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 2nd January 2011, 12:34 am

LOL! I'm just gonna say its trial and error. That's always my excuse. Who can argue with that? Wink
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 2nd January 2011, 12:35 am

LOL!!!!!! Yup!! Trial and error!!!! afro
misskris
misskris

http://www.earthdust.com

Back to top Go down

Post by creolebeauty1 2nd January 2011, 12:48 am

lmao i have tried succeeded yet im still trying lol my boyfriend said i should try a different product each month that way i don't have to much new stuff in my head he was laughing at me when i made my list of products i want to try this months
creolebeauty1
creolebeauty1

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 2nd January 2011, 12:51 am

Trial and error = product junkies in denial Laughing

Signed,
Recovering product junkie who went on a binge on Black Friday
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by creolebeauty1 2nd January 2011, 12:54 am

LOL
creolebeauty1
creolebeauty1

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 2nd January 2011, 12:54 am

Lynnieluve wrote:Trial and error = product junkies in denial Laughing

Signed,

lol! lol!
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by yacoomba 2nd January 2011, 12:58 am

Signed,

LMBO
yacoomba
yacoomba

Back to top Go down

Post by j. kinky 2nd January 2011, 2:53 am

Signed,

I was a pj....i chilled out for a few....now i got that urge again. But i got a good excuse...i wanna use more natural products....so there lol tongue
j. kinky
j. kinky

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 2nd January 2011, 3:09 am

Curious, trial & error, junkism, all of the above and more! But really, my PJ ism is gone!

Creole: Don't know the full extend of your condish, but I will give you a tip, kimmaytube's leave-in combines the concept of detangle/moisture/seal in one concoction. KCNT provides major detangling, Aloe provides the moisture (although aloe does have some smoothing properties), and the oils are the sealants. My personal discovery has been if I substitute the KCNT, I need to find a detangling/leave in with some pretty good moisture to have comparable results. If I don't, I can tell and my efforts before the next wash day are greater.

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by creolebeauty1 2nd January 2011, 6:19 pm

@ naturally Nolla sounds pretty good i really like it but i may just experiment after i BC just to satisfy my curiosity lol
creolebeauty1
creolebeauty1

Back to top Go down

Post by 1FlySista 2nd January 2011, 9:29 pm

I so feel you so much on this thread Creole, especially the curiosity. I pretty much am done with the trial and error phase and have found all of my staples with the exception of a great deep conditioner. I am curious to try the product lines listed below though. I am managing my PJism at this time and am banned from purchasing new items until I use up 90% of my current inventory.

What I am going to do though is purchase an item or 2 from one of these lines that is the equivalent of a product that I have used up and am in need of. It bothers me so much when I look through my products and see that I have 3 or more of the same type of product from different lines that do the exact same thing and all of them are near full with upcoming expiration dates. Mad

Qhemet Biologics
Oyin Handmade
Anita Grant
Ayurvedic powders
Yes to Cucumbers
Raw Black Soap
and maybe Darcy Botanicals
1FlySista
1FlySista

http://www.goddyssey.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by creolebeauty1 2nd January 2011, 9:41 pm

thats a great idea i think i will try to do that as well Smile
creolebeauty1
creolebeauty1

Back to top Go down

Post by FalconTress 2nd January 2011, 10:14 pm

creolebeauty1 wrote:So far in my transition i think i found my staples i love Giovanni conditioners and leave in , i also plan on keep whipping my shea butter with my oils as my Sealant , but every now and than i get the urge to use some other conditioner and stuff after i BC i plan on trying curly Kinky line because i heard such great things about it , i also want to try the Yes to line and Carol's daughter line as well but i still will , i usually do the kimmaytube leave in , can i do that with all this other conditioners ? am i a product junkie ? and what products do you plan on trying even though you have something that works great ? confused

You are fluent in the language of a classic PJ "I found my staples... I get the urge to use some other conditioner... after I BC...and the siren song that lures PJs to the edge -I heard"

Seriously, your post BC hair, may require some product "adjustments".

FalconTress

Back to top Go down

Post by yacoomba 2nd January 2011, 11:05 pm

FalconTress wrote:

You are fluent in the language of a classic PJ "I found my staples... I get the urge to use some other conditioner... after I BC...and the siren song that lures PJs to the edge -I heard"

Seriously, your post BC hair, may require some product "adjustments".

FalconTress-you're good at deciphering her

lol!
yacoomba
yacoomba

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down