CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

white men (or non black men) and natural hair

+19
TiffNotANY
jaybella
naturally yours
Mandi'sGoneCurly!
MsJay1121
creolebeauty1
TLog77
dajewel
mizcreativelyme
curlya
aprilj90
biracialbeauty
DreamMerchant
tamtam7
j. kinky
AngiePie
bcandy
Cupcake415
CrAvInG_CuRlZ:)
23 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

white men (or non black men) and natural hair - Page 2 Empty Re: white men (or non black men) and natural hair

Post by creolebeauty1 31st December 2010, 2:18 am

The sad part about it is they aren't even making that much anymore because of all the groupies that will do it for free smh .... a crazy backwards world we live in smh
creolebeauty1
creolebeauty1

Back to top Go down

white men (or non black men) and natural hair - Page 2 Empty Re: white men (or non black men) and natural hair

Post by TLog77 31st December 2010, 2:18 am

Now I have to take up for the brothas here. I've been with my hubby-luv for 20 years and he loves my natural hair. Says it feels soft and smells good. I know he's not the only one...
TLog77
TLog77

http://www.purplefabric.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by creolebeauty1 31st December 2010, 2:20 am

@ craving curlz lol i couldn't believe he mentioned Beyonce's hair , and Nicki minaj body in the same sentence as natural beauty smh lol
creolebeauty1
creolebeauty1

Back to top Go down

Post by creolebeauty1 31st December 2010, 2:22 am

Tlog77 you are lucky lol jk not all black men hate natural hair but i do think and find that many are confused on what natural hair on black women really look like or something
creolebeauty1
creolebeauty1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 31st December 2010, 2:48 am

lol...smh...i made a post about this; just don't like to trail off talking about something else even though it kinda does relate to this topic and what men find sexy.lol~ Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by MsJay1121 31st December 2010, 2:54 am

I'm with Tlog. I've been married to my hubby a year, who is black (Guyanese to be technical). We first met six and a half years ago and my hair was in a five day old twistout. As busted as I thought I looked, he says my hair was the first thing that caught his eye. He thought it was beautiful Smile

Anywho, back to OP: um your hair is gorgeous!!! What's not to love?! I'm sure the hubs will love it!!!!
MsJay1121
MsJay1121

Back to top Go down

Post by creolebeauty1 31st December 2010, 2:55 am

Sorry for the derail I just got sidetracked lol
creolebeauty1
creolebeauty1

Back to top Go down

Post by MsJay1121 31st December 2010, 3:05 am

Lol it's cool!!! Just had to big up my boo Wink

But you may have a point: before I graduated, most of the play I got from guys when my hair was in curly styles came from white/non black guys; however when I flat ironed it was mainly black men
scratch
MsJay1121
MsJay1121

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandi'sGoneCurly! 31st December 2010, 3:14 am

Very interesting post. Now that I have been wearing my hair natural, my hubby (Haitian) absolutely loves its. I met him while I was wearing micros. He's been with me as I've tested and tried 20+ different hairstlyes and this by far has gotten the best response but what I do find interesting is that I get jeers from other black men (that just so happen to be married to white women). I was going to create a post about it but since you guys brought it up.... Have you seen anything similar?
Mandi'sGoneCurly!
Mandi'sGoneCurly!

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandi'sGoneCurly! 31st December 2010, 3:17 am

mizcreativelyme wrote: On a silly note... girl please.... as sweetdrk1 put it best the other day on another post, when he comes home he is NOT gone be worried about what the cookie jar looks like. He's just gone want the cookie bounce

I agree!
lol!
Mandi'sGoneCurly!
Mandi'sGoneCurly!

Back to top Go down

Post by tamtam7 31st December 2010, 11:24 am

CrAvInG_CuRlZ:) wrote:I know that it will be ok we have been married for 3 yrs and we adore each other its just...u know u wanna keep that attraction going. And I was just wondering about other women's experience or opinios on this

I know exactly what you mean. I am all about keeping the attraction going too. When my husband first met me I was mostly straightening my hair but I kept it pulled back in a bun a lot. He says that he can care less about my hair as long as he doesn't have to hear me complaining. But I can tell that he likes my natural hairstyles the best. And it makes me feel good about myself and sexier and I know that when I exude confidence he's more drawn to me.
tamtam7
tamtam7

Back to top Go down

Post by naturally yours 31st December 2010, 1:52 pm

my boyfriend is white and we have been together long before i decide to go natural. he dosent really care what i do to my hair and thinks i look good weather im relaxed, natural, straight or rocking a fro. my second bc i shaved my head and he thought i was cute.

naturally yours

Back to top Go down

Post by jaybella 31st December 2010, 1:59 pm

My fiance is white and he likes my natural hair better than my straight hair, but he also doesn't really care what I do with my head. He just has one reguest and that is to not wear it so that it is 'flat on the top'. I guess he like a little volume. Smile
jaybella
jaybella

http://public.fotki.com/lucidbeautyy/

Back to top Go down

Post by TiffNotANY 31st December 2010, 3:07 pm

My boyfriend (Black) of 5 years is my biggest supporter in my transition. When we first started dating in college he thought my weave was my real hair and I didn't bother to set him straight. I never showed him what my permed hair looked like because I was ashamed of the breakage I had and missed my 12 yr old thick luscious mane. My boyfriend loves me and he loves my hair. He's been my support when my mom and my sister look at me like "WTF?".
I think that most Black men who have a problem with natural hair have a problem with length. JMHO. I don't think they have a problem when they see a natural with APL hair. On the other hand, I DO get attention from other races when I wear a twistout or one of my curly wigs.
TiffNotANY
TiffNotANY

Back to top Go down

Post by aprilj90 31st December 2010, 5:12 pm

CrAvInG_CuRlZ:) wrote:I know that it will be ok we have been married for 3 yrs and we adore each other its just...u know u wanna keep that attraction going. And I was just wondering about other women's experience or opinios on this

I'm the same way! I sometimes feel the need to straighten my hair just so he'll like it.
aprilj90
aprilj90

Back to top Go down

Post by Emartini04 31st December 2010, 11:00 pm

I don't know your boyfriend personally but I'm very sure he'll be fine with your hair. I don't think you have a thing to worry about and plus you look adorable with your hairstyle in the picture.

Funny you said that because I have been getting more attention from men of different races (especially white men) since my hair has been natural. I have men stopping me all the time to compliment me on my hair. Most of the guys in my office are white and they're constantly telling me how good my hair looks. They even feel the need to tell me everytime they see another woman natural how much they loved her hair.

Most of my African American male friends including my brother tell me they prefer their woman with natural hair then a weave anyday. My brother and partner are so glad I stopped wearing a weave. lol
Emartini04
Emartini04

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveleeMama 1st January 2011, 2:12 pm

I have been transitioning for the past year. My hubby is anti-locks but loves my curls. He doesnt really care about my hair as long as its styled not just a wash and go.

His biggest complement to me was that my curls fit my authentic self. I likes that over the past few years I seem to not care about what others think but im being my true self and that includes my hair.
Wink
LoveleeMama
LoveleeMama

Back to top Go down

Post by Onesexytan 2nd January 2011, 2:55 pm

The guy I'm seeing is really funny. He's white and I've only been seeing him a few months. He's seen pictures of me in my twa, but when I go see him I usually wear a half wig with a headband. Just the other day I told him that one day he would have to see my hair in it's natural state. He actually started to freak out a bit. I told em to get a grip. My hair is fabulous either way and you either have to deal with it or move on. He saw it, and he loves it and now he feels really stupid about the whole situation.
Onesexytan
Onesexytan

Back to top Go down

Post by CrAvInG_CuRlZ:) 2nd January 2011, 6:51 pm

@ onesexytan

LOL girl men can be so clueless sometimes. Once when my hair was relaxed and super short I went without a relaxer for a couple months and my hair was all over the place and a hot mess. My hubby laughs and goes GIRL U LOOK LIKE A TROLL DOLL Shocked really. I bout jumped in that ass so quick...LOL men.

Back to top Go down

Post by Treece 2nd January 2011, 9:09 pm

I'm not in a relationship, but I'm dating someone whom is white. He is the first guy to put his hands in my hair and not be afraid of it and I love it. He even compliments my styles, and that means so much to me. But every man is different.
Treece
Treece

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2