CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oh My Ends SMH

3 posters

Go down

Oh My Ends SMH Empty Oh My Ends SMH

Post by Atasteofcaramel 20th February 2011, 12:14 pm

Hello ladies,
Ok so my ends are looking a little crazy like they are slipt but little to my supprise they are NOT! I was so worried about them and pulled out a few strands of hair to get a closer look at the ends they look stron and healthy and not split. What can I do to help my end get soft like the rest of my hair. I co-wash several times a week.
HELP
Atasteofcaramel
Atasteofcaramel

Back to top Go down

Oh My Ends SMH Empty Re: Oh My Ends SMH

Post by naturallynola 20th February 2011, 7:52 pm

Concentrate extra conditioning and oil to the ends. You can baggy just the ends, if needed. When I say baggy, that does not mean you have to sleep that way. A few hours will create enough moisture, then seal with either an oil with a heavy oil or a butter. I tend to roll my ends on satin rollers if I am not pineappling. I see you are in D.C., you may consider protective styling for a while until the weather gets a bit warmer. The ends are the most vulnerable due to their age. Also, a trim may be in order if the above doesn't remedy this issue. Bueno suerte!

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by Atasteofcaramel 21st February 2011, 12:34 pm

As you can tell my hair isn't that long so how can I bagg with just the ends?
Atasteofcaramel
Atasteofcaramel

Back to top Go down

Post by Music8192 21st February 2011, 2:09 pm

@ Atasteofcaramel, I THINK natruallynola meant you use a shower cap Smile
Music8192
Music8192

Back to top Go down

Post by Atasteofcaramel 21st February 2011, 2:14 pm

LOl ok, I was a little confused. Sidenote I've baged before and i noticed nothing different about my ends. How many times will I have to do this before I see a differance?
Atasteofcaramel
Atasteofcaramel

Back to top Go down

Post by Music8192 21st February 2011, 2:28 pm

It really depends. From MY experience, when I first cut off the rest of my relaxed ends and was natural, my hair was really dry. And it has always been that way even when I was relaxed. However as it grew out it became softer.

For ME, DEEP CONDITIONING helps. And if you have a hooded dryer at home, deep condition using that. I deep condition under the hooded dryer for abut 15 min. Makes my hair really soft. I just RECENTLY started using vegetable glycerin on my hair, and it is really thick. Now because my hair is so DRY, my hair LOVES something that is "heavy" because it helps keep in the moisture.

It really depends on your regimen, what you put in your hair and how your hair responds to it. So I wouldn't know how many times it would take for you hair to respond but I would say give it time. Smile

Music8192
Music8192

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down