CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is it possible to not have curls?

4 posters

Go down

Is it possible to not have curls? Empty Is it possible to not have curls?

Post by JessiWantsCurls 28th December 2010, 9:23 pm

So ... I know that I won't know my true curl pattern until I cut all my relaxed ends off. But, there are some points of my where my relaxed ends made the decision to leave (breakage) and I'm still not really seeing anything. Is it possible to NOT have a curl pattern? Could I actually wind up with a poofy, frizzy mess? I know my hair is in the 4-range ... I'm thinking 4b or 4c.

JessiWantsCurls
JessiWantsCurls

Back to top Go down

Is it possible to not have curls? Empty Re: Is it possible to not have curls?

Post by Naturally Esq 28th December 2010, 10:14 pm

IMO you will have a curl pattern because that is part of your genetic make up. At this early stage you may be seeing scab hair:

https://curlynikki.forumotion.com/t8062-ok-sowhat-hell-is-scab-hair?highlight=scab

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/3016850/scab_hair_new_growth_hair_texture_changes.html?cat=69

Frankly, I see “a poofy, frizzy mess” as an opportunity to refine your hair care product selection and routines. What products are you using? Are you balancing moisture and protein? http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/278612/the_fine_art_of_protein_and_moisture.html?singlepage=true&cat=69

What is your routine?

Hang in there. These first months can be difficult but we have all survived them. In fact, I appreciate my natural hair more because of the early challenges.
Naturally Esq
Naturally Esq

Back to top Go down

Post by Allycoils 28th December 2010, 11:47 pm

It's possible to not have curls - some people have afro-textured hair that grows out straight, some people have hair that is cloudlike. It's possible that your texture hasn't shown up yet because you're still transitioning, but you should be aware that not everyone has a curl pattern.
Allycoils
Allycoils

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28th December 2010, 11:54 pm

@JessiWantsCurls..
um...not all ppl have curls; even though u may be african or of ethnic background, not everyone has curls~

Back to top Go down

Post by jenerett 30th December 2010, 2:09 am

Yep. Wavy hair does exist. My hair is wavy not curly and prone to frizz. But since I've done a regimen and cowash instead or shampooing, the frizziness has reduced dramatically.
jenerett
jenerett

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down