CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Would women love themselfs more if they went natural?

+6
Leelo
SwirlyCurls90
j. kinky
creolebeauty1
Indigo.Blue
Cassiedagoddess
10 posters

Go down

Would women love themselfs more if they went natural? Empty Would women love themselfs more if they went natural?

Post by Cassiedagoddess 26th December 2010, 10:28 pm

I think if more women went natural there would be less depression with many of our African american women. They would learn more how to accept there natural bueaty instead of wasting so much time and money trying to change it. A lot of the young girls would not feel the need to have long hair just to get a man or boys attention..you can't commercializ natural beauty because it's deep with in so more of us will learn to love deep within instead of just the out side. It will teach the black man how an African queen looks and he must accept her for who she is not because of her body parts that he can use as his playground but because her body is so natural and royal that it can not be found on a shelf, in a doctors sugary room or a magazine, it's too one of a kind and like no other. This is just to scratch the surface of what can help us all to love thyself more besides the other things in the world that we can do better or change but what's better then going natural.

Peace and love

Cassiedagoddess

Back to top Go down

Would women love themselfs more if they went natural? Empty Re: Would women love themselfs more if they went natural?

Post by Indigo.Blue 26th December 2010, 10:57 pm

Being natural has nothing to do with whether someone loves themself or not. So I guess that because I am natural, one can safely assume that I have a positive self image and I love myself. Actually, there was a study that said black women are more confident than other races.

Being natural does not automatically train a black man to respect a black woman. The things that inspire a man to respect a woman is when a woman respects and understand a man instead of constantly emotionally beating him with phrases like, "a real man would________". I don't think a man is going to care what your hair looks like if you know how to respect the male energy.
Indigo.Blue
Indigo.Blue

Back to top Go down

Would women love themselfs more if they went natural? Empty Re: Would women love themselfs more if they went natural?

Post by creolebeauty1 27th December 2010, 1:03 am

I don't think being natural makes black women loves them selves more but it will definitely help with self acceptance i agree so many women should concentrate on taking proper care of what they already have as oppose to spending their rent money and putting their weaves on lay away smh
creolebeauty1
creolebeauty1

Back to top Go down

Post by j. kinky 27th December 2010, 1:24 am

would becoming natural make u love urself anymore then u already do...idk...I do believe that it does just a tad. Especially if u had a relaxed hair as far as u can remember
j. kinky
j. kinky

Back to top Go down

Post by SwirlyCurls90 27th December 2010, 3:22 am

Being natural does not cure depression. It does not automatically boost confidence. It DEFINITELY does not make black men want black women more. ("It will teach the black man how an African queen looks and he must accept her for who she is not because of her body parts that he can use as his playground but because her body is so natural and royal that it can not be found on a shelf, in a doctors sugary room or a magazine" ...Most men don't go that deep--especially when you have eurocentric beauty ideals promoted in the media every day). I'm also bothered by the statement "A lot of the young girls would not feel the need to have long hair just to get a man or boys attention" ...Who says natural hair can't be long? In fact, many naturals have longer hair than our relaxed counterparts.

That said, being natural does promote self-understanding. It does teach black girls to 'accept their natural beauty'. You have a point there. The quote"Be a first-rate version of yourself, not a second-rate version of someone else" comes to mind. I don't see why so many black women try to have straight hair all the time when it doesn't grow that way. I think most people look better with their natural texture. BUT, if a person doesn't have confidence in themselves before they go natural, they'll probably crack under the pressure other races put on us to conform. There is no magic wand effect.

SwirlyCurls90

Back to top Go down

Post by Leelo 27th December 2010, 3:30 am

For me going natural was a spiritual process. I know for others it might not have been that extensive, but I have had a perm in my hair since I was about 8 or 9 years old. The transition was hard, but wearing it in its natural state was definitely a mental process, so I believe that you have to already be somewhat sure of yourself to be able to endure that process.

Leelo
Leelo

Back to top Go down

Post by naturally yours 27th December 2010, 11:00 am

i dont not love myself more natural than when i was relaxed. I just love myself regardless how i wear my hair. Relaxed or natural i love me. You can be relaxed and love yourself and you can be natural and not love yourself because Hair isnt the end all be all on weather you love yourself. Selfhate comes im many forms. Its more than about hair. Hair is only a small part of you. You can love your hair and have self acceptance issues in other areas.

naturally yours

Back to top Go down

Post by fanmnatirel 27th December 2010, 11:23 am

I think women learn more about themselves while on the natural journey. I dont know that they would necessarily love themselves more...

Just my humble opinion...
fanmnatirel
fanmnatirel

Back to top Go down

Post by Emartini04 27th December 2010, 11:35 am

Self confidence comes from within yourself.
Emartini04
Emartini04

Back to top Go down

Post by Thetruthisoutthere 27th December 2010, 12:23 pm

1. I have more confidence now that I am wearing my hair natural.

2. Although I'm an 'old girl', my natural hair definitely 'turns heads'! My worst natural hair day still outshines my best relaxed hair day. I wore a "Halle Scary" for too many years. LOL!

3. Long hair weaves and extensions DO garner attention, but the mystique is fading.

4. The cat is out of the bag about relaxers, weaves and extensions - any internet search shows pictures of improper applications that have caused tremendous hair and scalp damage (see Sister Naomi Campbell).

Natural Hair will NOT make our men respect and cherish us more. Only rewarding and supporting doo-right does, as Indigo.Blue stated below;

Indigo.Blue wrote:Being natural has nothing to do with whether someone loves themself or not. So I guess that because I am natural, one can safely assume that I have a positive self image and I love myself. Actually, there was a study that said black women are more confident than other races.

Being natural does not automatically train a black man to respect a black woman. The things that inspire a man to respect a woman is when a woman respects and understand a man instead of constantly emotionally beating him with phrases like, "a real man would________". I don't think a man is going to care what your hair looks like if you know how to respect the male energy.

Managing my natural hair has been challenging for me because I spent my childhood in plaits & press-n-curls - and have worn it relaxed since high school. I just don't know my hair yet.

But, I praise the Lord for Sisters like Jasika Nicole who demonstrate on television how lovely natural hair can be.

Just give it some time y'all.
Thetruthisoutthere
Thetruthisoutthere

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down