CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Conditioner Only Method

+15
missmoriah
natalie24
tiashaunteé
letha
crimsonpeach
naturally yours
makeupvixen
sweetdrk1
misskris
Renny
Curly Film Chick
curlytee
thetiffany
Fleur
DreamMerchant
19 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Conditioner Only Method - Page 2 Empty Re: Conditioner Only Method

Post by tiashaunteé 28th December 2010, 5:18 pm

crimsonpeach wrote:My sis is natural and has always kept her conditioner in. I've done it twice for twistouts and knot outs and my hair soft. I was having troubles with dryness once the weather dropped and now things are much better. Will definitely keep doing this.

I use to do that all the time. Then the hair boards/websites got me paranoid. I have learned that no one knows my hair like I do. So I went right back to doing it - my hair loves it.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by natalie24 28th December 2010, 6:37 pm

Wow! I love ur hair. I just checked her site out, and I love it. I will try this when I take my braids out. I think my PJism is cured lol...hopefully!

natalie24

Back to top Go down

Post by DreamMerchant 28th December 2010, 11:42 pm

tiashaunteé wrote:
crimsonpeach wrote:My sis is natural and has always kept her conditioner in. I've done it twice for twistouts and knot outs and my hair soft. I was having troubles with dryness once the weather dropped and now things are much better. Will definitely keep doing this.

I use to do that all the time. Then the hair boards/websites got me paranoid. I have learned that no one knows my hair like I do. So I went right back to doing it - my hair loves it.
Really Tia? I really liked the results but like you said, I started getting nervous from all the stories and tales of damage. I would hate to damage my hair after cutting all those split ends in October. Your hair is always fab so I will keep trying it and see what happens. After all, it is just hair!
DreamMerchant
DreamMerchant

http://public.fotki.com/DreamMerchant/

Back to top Go down

Post by DreamMerchant 28th December 2010, 11:47 pm

natalie24 wrote:Wow! I love ur hair. I just checked her site out, and I love it. I will try this when I take my braids out. I think my PJism is cured lol...hopefully!

Thank you Natalie! Yea I thought this would curb my pjism but now I am a conditioner junkie! I was sniffing conditioners and checking their thickness like a crackhead. My husband had to pull me outta there!
DreamMerchant
DreamMerchant

Back to top Go down

Post by missmoriah 29th December 2010, 1:10 am

Today is my first day of this method and I really love the results but I was wondering If I am just wearing my hair out every day would that be causing damage? Or is it okay to not protective style all the time. And also if using oil and all this and that to seal is supposed to promote healthy hair does that imply that this method would not be beneficial? I'm a little confused. I see that the woman that uses this method has long beautiful curls but idk im a little iffy but i do like my results.
missmoriah
missmoriah

http://xmarvelousme.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DreamMerchant 29th December 2010, 1:20 am

missmoriah wrote:Today is my first day of this method and I really love the results but I was wondering If I am just wearing my hair out every day would that be causing damage? Or is it okay to not protective style all the time. And also if using oil and all this and that to seal is supposed to promote healthy hair does that imply that this method would not be beneficial? I'm a little confused. I see that the woman that uses this method has long beautiful curls but idk im a little iffy but i do like my results.

I have the same questions as you. When day 5 rolled around, I had some tangles but I think they were mainly shed hairs that wanted to hang on to the other hair. I think this could work for the summer or 2 and a half months. I was also wondering if I put some jojoba or olive oil in the condish, if that would give added moisture and protection from my hair rubbing on my clothes. But then again, would adding the oil keep my hair from setting properly. I just washed my hair today and it was not dry or rough from the condish only method so it may not be too bad.
DreamMerchant
DreamMerchant

Back to top Go down

Post by crimsonpeach 29th December 2010, 10:51 am

I still seal my hair (olive oil) and use a butter when I twist (attempt to twist, I'm still learning). The conditioner is more of a leave-in.

I'm sure you can modify the method all you want! I'm learning to listen my hair and just go from there.
crimsonpeach
crimsonpeach

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalchic 30th December 2010, 1:02 am

what conditioners are you ladies using for this method. I tried it once before but did not twist hair just left out it was soft but then frizzed up the next day Sad but im down to give it another go.......did you just wash then add conditioner twist and then take out twist and add more conditioner? did you seal at all?

Thanks Very Happy
naturalchic
naturalchic

Back to top Go down

Post by DreamMerchant 30th December 2010, 3:25 am

naturalchic wrote:what conditioners are you ladies using for this method. I tried it once before but did not twist hair just left out it was soft but then frizzed up the next day Sad but im down to give it another go.......did you just wash then add conditioner twist and then take out twist and add more conditioner? did you seal at all?

Thanks Very Happy

I used an old twistout. The first I used 3 different conditioners on my hair in three different sections. The first little section, I used Skala for damaged hair. It as heavy and thick and I liked it. The next little section, I used Giovanni 50:50. It as a little bit lighter but I did not like the smell. The last little section I used Nexxus Humectress and it as way too light for my hair and it had Glycerin as the third ingredient. I ill have to save that one for summer. I think that I ill try HEHH or Aussie Moist for my next one. I braided it up at night to maintain it. I want to see how other curlies do theirs and what they use.
DreamMerchant
DreamMerchant

Back to top Go down

Post by mizcreativelyme 30th December 2010, 9:18 am

does anyone use oyin honey hemp for this method? if so, how does it perform? the site claims that it can be used as a rinse-out or leave-in.
mizcreativelyme
mizcreativelyme

Back to top Go down

Post by BekkaPoo 30th December 2010, 1:05 pm

I do the conditioner only method most of the time, but I re-do it daily or every other day for the best results.
BekkaPoo
BekkaPoo

http://suprnatural.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by crimsonpeach 30th December 2010, 1:33 pm

I use HH Hello Hydration but will have to find a replacement since the formula has changed...
crimsonpeach
crimsonpeach

Back to top Go down

Post by raina 30th December 2010, 3:18 pm

Very pretty!!!!!!! Yes to cucumbers and elasta qp feels like silk works very well together for this method. Be careful if you have problems with the glycerin in the winter though.
raina
raina

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 30th December 2010, 3:39 pm

DreamMerchant wrote:
misskris wrote:So what exactly is this "tightly curled" method?????
Go here.
http://tightlycurly.com/welcome/
I want her book now!
I have her book on my iPad! Love it!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by DreamMerchant 30th December 2010, 4:53 pm

raina wrote:Very pretty!!!!!!! Yes to cucumbers and elasta qp feels like silk works very well together for this method. Be careful if you have problems with the glycerin in the winter though.

I just purchased a bucket load of Nexxus Humectress at TJ MAxx for $20 in hopes that it would be my conditioner of choice but when I looked at the ingredients, it has glycerin in its top 5 so I have to wait until summer to use that one. I did pick up some more Aussie Moist and Herbal Essence Totally Twisted. My poor hubby is shaking his head at the amount of conditioner that is coming into this house! I will be cowashing my twists every other day so it ill go quick!
DreamMerchant
DreamMerchant

Back to top Go down

Post by DreamMerchant 30th December 2010, 4:55 pm

BekkaPoo wrote:I do the conditioner only method most of the time, but I re-do it daily or every other day for the best results.

Heeeeeeeeey, I never thought to do it every other day. I do not think my "curls" would stay intact.
DreamMerchant
DreamMerchant

Back to top Go down

Post by BekkaPoo 30th December 2010, 5:00 pm

DreamMerchant wrote:
BekkaPoo wrote:I do the conditioner only method most of the time, but I re-do it daily or every other day for the best results.

Heeeeeeeeey, I never thought to do it every other day. I do not think my "curls" would stay intact.

I don't follow Teri's method exactly either. I just co-wash, comb/detangle, add in a quarter-sized dollop of condish and oil, and then air dry. Teri does this smoothing of each curl thing, which for me is unnecessary since my hair is only about six inches long at the longest.

But I'm glad that it's working for you..I think a lot of people try this that and the other product, when conditioner has been there all the time. I love you
BekkaPoo
BekkaPoo

Back to top Go down

Post by DreamMerchant 30th December 2010, 6:07 pm

BekkaPoo wrote:
DreamMerchant wrote:

I don't follow Teri's method exactly either. I just co-wash, comb/detangle, add in a quarter-sized dollop of condish and oil, and then air dry. Teri does this smoothing of each curl thing, which for me is unnecessary since my hair is only about six inches long at the longest.

But I'm glad that it's working for you..I think a lot of people try this that and the other product, when conditioner has been there all the time. I love you

And you didn't tell me! Shame on you! Just teasing. I am glad I am finding something that may work. I wish I could find a thicker, heavier conditioner though. None of them seem to have the heaviness that I ant. I may try some of that Cholesterol conditioner that is orange. I think I rememberthat being heavy.
DreamMerchant
DreamMerchant

Back to top Go down

Post by BekkaPoo 30th December 2010, 6:35 pm

DreamMerchant wrote:
And you didn't tell me! Shame on you! Just teasing. I am glad I am finding something that may work. I wish I could find a thicker, heavier conditioner though. None of them seem to have the heaviness that I ant. I may try some of that Cholesterol conditioner that is orange. I think I rememberthat being heavy.

Lol...

Well if you like thick conditioners I would go for Herbal Essences (I think some of their formulas have silicones though), Garnier Fructis Sleek and Shine, Aussie Moist, or even Mane & Tail if you're not protein-sensitive as this is heavy on protein.

That cholesterol one you're talking about (I think it's Queen Helene brand) is also very thick..
BekkaPoo
BekkaPoo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2