CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Soothing scalp during growth cycle

5 posters

Go down

Soothing scalp during growth cycle Empty Soothing scalp during growth cycle

Post by DreamMerchant 21st December 2010, 8:46 am

Does anyone else notice when their hair is in a growth cycle? I remember reading an article about the our growth cycle on CN but no one else really said that they can feel it. For me, it is an itchy, burny, numb feeling that is only soothed when I massage my scalp or lightly pull my twists at the roots. I love when I get my growth cycle but the side effects can drive a person crazy. I was hoping someone else on the board goes through the same thing and can give a bit of advice. I am going to have to wear my hair down today so that I can pull my twists. I have been wearing my twists in a bun to gain a little winter growth. My students are really going to think I am crazy. This can last from one week to three weeks. santa
DreamMerchant
DreamMerchant

http://public.fotki.com/DreamMerchant/

Back to top Go down

Soothing scalp during growth cycle Empty Re: Soothing scalp during growth cycle

Post by mizcreativelyme 21st December 2010, 10:08 am

Since becoming natural, I haven't noticed how my scalp feels during the growth cycle. But when I was relaxed, I vividly remember when it was time for a relaxer - my scalp would be very sore and a little itchy when the new growth would come in. It was soothed with massage as well .... or a good session of greasing of the scalp, if you will. Wink
mizcreativelyme
mizcreativelyme

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly126 21st December 2010, 8:34 pm

I know what you mean. I hate that crazy itchy feeling! I went through it last week and cleansed my scalp with the Tea Tree Tingle conditioner from Trader Joes, then I oiled my scalp with olive oil and coconut oil. My scalp didn't itch anymore and it felt a lot better.
Butterfly126
Butterfly126

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 21st December 2010, 10:30 pm

Hmm, that's very interesting!!!!! I know my scalp was CRAZY itchy a couple weeks ago but I thought it was just due to it being time to wash. Which it still may have cuz after I washed it it felt so much better. But I don't recall ever having tese feelings except the couple weeks ago. Hmmm.......
misskris
misskris

http://www.earthdust.com

Back to top Go down

Post by creolebeauty1 21st December 2010, 11:19 pm

Idk ... i experience itchy scalp once my hair starts getting dry like if i don't spritz my hair after 2 days or something could it be "growing" lol
creolebeauty1
creolebeauty1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down