CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

how do you use honey???

+19
Morshaye
dyamonds10
Ekaette
funkyhairchic
SwanLakeLibra
NylaCoils
creolebeauty1
j. kinky
FalconTress
BajanPrincess82
naturallynola
misskris
CrAvInG_CuRlZ:)
blkbeauty2010
Lynnieluve
letha
nitia715
anz30
rayray19
23 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

how do you use honey??? - Page 2 Empty Re: how do you use honey???

Post by Lynnieluve 17th December 2010, 7:51 pm

I have slack off the last two washes but normally, I use it weekly with my prepoo mix. No it does not cause dryness for me. I will add that shampoo weekly too.

ETA: I used organic raw honey and the regular honey and didnt notice a difference.

SwanLakeLibra wrote:Lynnieluve, how often do you prepoo with the honey during the winter (weekly etc)? And does it create any dryness? I have a difficult time keeping moisture, porous hair. But I am sealing my hair much better now and wearing more protective styles like my avatar, so I do not want to do anything to counteract what I have been doing these last couple of months. Thanks

Lynnieluve wrote:I usually add honey and EVOO to my conditioner when I pre poo. I've even added a little to my deep conditioner before.

You dont want to apply honey alone to your hair.
Very Happy
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 17th December 2010, 8:20 pm

so lemme guess?? it's "bad" for u to buy honey from somewhere like walmart??? ne ways, i've used honey only once; don't plan on it again though (maybe i did something wrong, but i did mix it with something else which was my conditoner) thought it would be something good to try, but for ME it didn't do ne thing....can't always go by someone else's results; everyone's hair is different....good luck w/ ur honey~ Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by nitia715 17th December 2010, 11:27 pm

@ anz 30- try warming the honey to dissolve the crystals

nitia715

Back to top Go down

Post by rayray19 18th December 2010, 1:43 am

Indidiiamond wrote:so lemme guess?? it's "bad" for u to buy honey from somewhere like walmart??? ne ways, i've used honey only once; don't plan on it again though (maybe i did something wrong, but i did mix it with something else which was my conditoner) thought it would be something good to try, but for ME it didn't do ne thing....can't always go by someone else's results; everyone's hair is different....good luck w/ ur honey~ Wink

lol i did buy my honey from walmart and sure will use it.. and yea i agree you cant go with someone else results..but it is nice to hear others results..that's one of the purposes of a forum to share or experience
rayray19
rayray19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 18th December 2010, 3:23 am

yea....my honey was from walmart too..everyone is talking about organic honey and everything..idk but i bought mines like the kind i cook with~ Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Morshaye 18th December 2010, 5:12 am

I use honey in my deep conditioning treatments and as an ingredient in my shea butter mixture. My hair loves it.
Morshaye
Morshaye

Back to top Go down

Post by elleeccentric 18th December 2010, 5:54 pm

I tried a honey + EVOO pre-poo last weekend for the first time on dry hair. I liked it. I wonder though if I would get better results doing it on wet hair. Has anyone tried this as a pre-poo?
elleeccentric
elleeccentric

http://twitter.com/elleeccentric

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiffy2 18th December 2010, 7:19 pm

I read on CN's main page that Your not suppose to use honey in the winter months because It's a humectant,so I stop using it for right now.but I use to DC with it using olive oil and condish,And leave it in for an hour. I also use it in the face cream I make,my Shea butter mix and my henna mix.
Tiffy2
Tiffy2

https://facebook.com/cherrikissez

Back to top Go down

Post by MissyCee 18th December 2010, 7:29 pm

I've used honey and evoo as a mix for my henna. Acutally I have some my head right now. Seems to make the henna rinse out easier. Good luck with your experiment.......
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Post by CarlaAR 19th December 2010, 1:11 am

Just as most people I already stated, I use it in my DC. I buy organic honey in bulk at one of my local co-ops.
CarlaAR
CarlaAR

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2