CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Deep Condish

+14
dajewel
cutephantasm
truet
Blackbeauty
MeekMonique
CurlySpeechTherapist
curly+kinky+fierce
Naturally Nu*
NubieNatty
BajanPrincess82
ChrsLvsBks
loveself247
tiashaunteé
Pi*Jay
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Deep Condish Empty Deep Condish

Post by Pi*Jay 12th November 2009, 8:32 pm

Any suggestions for good deep conditioners (that are reasonably priced)? I've never DC'd before, and I think my hair would greatly benefit from one.
Pi*Jay
Pi*Jay

Back to top Go down

Deep Condish Empty Re: Deep Condish

Post by tiashaunteé 12th November 2009, 8:50 pm

I love Lekair cholesterol plus. Before I use it I mix in some olive oil, essential oils, and honey(if I want more shine). It usually lasts me 2-3 deep conditions
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by loveself247 12th November 2009, 8:59 pm

@Pi*Jay,,,"Garnier Fructis" Triple Nutrition 3 minute undo dryness is the bomb. I love it. Then I follow it up with the "Garnier Fructis" Sleek and Shine leave in conditioner..
loveself247
loveself247

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 12th November 2009, 10:21 pm

Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose - I add honey and oil (coconut, EVOO, castor) to deep conditioners. The honey is for shine. If you do not want your hair to lighten with many uses, heat honey before using it.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pi*Jay 12th November 2009, 11:12 pm

Thanks guys. I think I'll try the triple nutrition first... it looks easiest to find.
Pi*Jay
Pi*Jay

Back to top Go down

Post by BajanPrincess82 13th November 2009, 4:32 pm

The best deep conditioner I've ever used is Pantene Pro V Relaxed & Natural Breakage Defense Deep Conditioning Mask.
BajanPrincess82
BajanPrincess82

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 15th November 2009, 12:40 am

i will try pantene and/or garnier becuz im running out of miss jessie's rapid recovery and i refuse to pay $18 for that lil azz bottle nor $50 for the bigger one! i do like the results but my bank acct says "take yo azz to cvs"
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturally Nu* 16th November 2009, 5:08 am

I use Organic Root Stimulator Olive Oil Replenishing Conditioner and I absolutely love it (personal must-have). It's great for thick hair and smells yummy. They sell individual sample packs for one deep condition (Wal-Mart should have some)..then, if you fall in love with me, you can go for a larger size.

I'll have to post a pic of my hair soon so you can see what I'm working with haha..
Naturally Nu*
Naturally Nu*

Back to top Go down

Post by curly+kinky+fierce 16th November 2009, 5:23 am

Naturally Nu* wrote:I use Organic Root Stimulator Olive Oil Replenishing Conditioner and I absolutely love it (personal must-have). It's great for thick hair and smells yummy. They sell individual sample packs for one deep condition (Wal-Mart should have some)..then, if you fall in love with me, you can go for a larger size.

I'll have to post a pic of my hair soon so you can see what I'm working with haha..

I second that! It softens my hair soooo much! And it does smell all citrusy! I even use it for a co wash sometimes....I almost bought that LeKair Cholesterol today @ walmart...
curly+kinky+fierce
curly+kinky+fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturally Nu* 16th November 2009, 6:29 am

Whoa! so I definitely need to preview before posting.

CORRECTION: "if you fall in love with IT, you can go for a larger size" [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Naturally Nu*
Naturally Nu*

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlySpeechTherapist 16th November 2009, 9:59 am

ChrsLvsBks wrote:Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose - I add honey and oil (coconut, EVOO, castor) to deep conditioners. The honey is for shine. If you do not want your hair to lighten with many uses, heat honey before using it.

I didn't know honey lightens the hair... How much honey do you add?? The Honeysuckle Rose is moisturizing enough for me without the oils, but I've been meaning to try adding honey to things to see how my hair likes it.
CurlySpeechTherapist
CurlySpeechTherapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Pi*Jay 17th November 2009, 1:57 am

I've passed by the Pantene Relaxed and Natural and the Organic Root Stimulator a couple of times and eye balled it... but since I'm a transitioner on a college students budget, I have to pick products carefully. Once I buy it, it needs to be used... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I would love to get something that would make my hair smell yummy.

...and what about natural deep conditioners like Olive Oil. I've read somewhere about using Olive Oil as a DC. Has anyone else used natural homemade DCs? How do they compare to store bought?
Pi*Jay
Pi*Jay

Back to top Go down

Post by curly+kinky+fierce 17th November 2009, 2:21 am

I totally understand that...I was a college student like 2yrs ago and you must use ur money wisely! lol...That is why I like the Organics bc the olive oil really keep my hair moisturized...when i was trasitioning I used plain EVOO alot so im pretty sure it will work as a deep condish...I see alot of ppl do avocado, coconut milk, and coconut oil as a homeade deep condish...ive seen bananas and coconut milk too...u can always add some oils with fragrance to make that smell a bit more appealing ....

Like u im also searching for a deep condish...I bought Lekair Aloe Vera Cholesterol today and it worked wonders! I think it was like $3.99....
curly+kinky+fierce
curly+kinky+fierce

Back to top Go down

Deep Condish Empty Honey

Post by ChrsLvsBks 17th November 2009, 12:02 pm

CurlySpeechTherapist wrote:
ChrsLvsBks wrote:Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose - I add honey and oil (coconut, EVOO, castor) to deep conditioners. The honey is for shine. If you do not want your hair to lighten with many uses, heat honey before using it.

I didn't know honey lightens the hair... How much honey do you add?? The Honeysuckle Rose is moisturizing enough for me without the oils, but I've been meaning to try adding honey to things to see how my hair likes it.

I add a teaspoon of honey to between 1/2 to 2/3 c of conditioner. I found out about the lightening effects of honey in the ebook Live Curly Live Free. It is very informative, and I refer to it often.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 17th November 2009, 12:04 pm

Honey has never lightened my hair and I use it in everything. I'm kinda disappointed because I like hair color so I would not mine the lightening.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by MeekMonique 26th November 2009, 1:35 am

tiashauntee wrote:I love Lekair cholesterol plus. Before I use it I mix in some olive oil, essential oils, and honey(if I want more shine). It usually lasts me 2-3 deep conditions

I love that too, but it lasts me longer than that.
MeekMonique
MeekMonique

http://fotki.com/RoyalEmpress2

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackbeauty 26th November 2009, 11:58 am

[quote="...and what about natural deep conditioners like Olive Oil. I've read somewhere about using Olive Oil as a DC. Has anyone else used natural homemade DCs? How do they compare to store bought?[/quote]

For a natural deep conditioner Avocado are extremely moisturizing. I have yet to use an actual avocado (my mom has a thing about letting me use food we eat for my hair) but I do have avocado oil & I add that to any moisturizing condish usually aubrey organics and it works well for my hair. Another plus, You could also use your avocado mix for your face as facials as well.

Here are some youtube links on how to use avocado as deep conditioners and also the effects of it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Umd_8ASD6Dc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKEUHGGBNfo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwmxv34_4Ig

Hope That Helps!! Also if you want a certain smell you can always add an essential oil to the mix of the scent of your choice.
Blackbeauty
Blackbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by curly+kinky+fierce 27th November 2009, 6:33 pm

@Blackbeauty I want to try avocado too...one of my curly friends on there also has a recipe for bananas as a deep condish...i think ill try avocado & coconut milk & oil mixed...
curly+kinky+fierce
curly+kinky+fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by truet 27th November 2009, 7:50 pm

there are homemade dc that you can try. I like use avocado on my hair. but make sure its a good avocado that is ripe. or try mayo. here is one web site but there is many out there http://www.diylife.com/2007/10/10/diy-spa-treatments-deep-conditioner/ only did mayo once got a little sick to my stomach. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
truet
truet

Back to top Go down

Post by cutephantasm 28th November 2009, 11:48 am

I cant find the Pantene Deep COndish anywhere! (and I live in Manhattan!)

Garnier Fructis is no bueno on my fine 4a/b hair...it leaves a resin on my hair and makes it feel....weird

The organic Root stimulator is really good and lasts a really long time. I put a shower cap on and leave it overnight usually.

I just bought herbal essence hello hydration deep nourishment and shine and HE Breakage Defender Intensive mask....Havent seen those in NYC though (bought them in Israel) The HEHH Deep condish is mahhhvelous! Havent tried the other one yet...

Im in love with herbal essences!
cutephantasm
cutephantasm

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 29th November 2009, 7:28 pm

how do we use an oil for dc?? i want to use coconut oil after co-wash. do i just add the oil after the co-wash, sit under heat and then rinse?
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by *CurlyNikki* 29th November 2009, 7:52 pm

@ dajewel, yep...feel free to add a cap. I'm still loving my micro heat cap...definitely worth looking into if you're a regular DCer.

My hair doesn't like oils very much, so I'd always load up with conditioner and then add some oil on top. Many people simply do oil treatments on wet or dry hair...they get great results!
*CurlyNikki*
*CurlyNikki*
Admin

http://www.curlynikki.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvMeLuvMyFro 29th November 2009, 8:04 pm

loveself247 wrote:@Pi*Jay,,,"Garnier Fructis" Triple Nutrition 3 minute undo dryness is the bomb. I love it. Then I follow it up with the "Garnier Fructis" Sleek and Shine leave in conditioner..

I used this on my haor today and...LOVE IT! My mom got it from Wally Word and I didn't bring anything with me so, it was use that or nothing during this visit. I think I will purchase it for myself.
LuvMeLuvMyFro
LuvMeLuvMyFro

http://www.designsavvysalon.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 29th November 2009, 8:40 pm

*CurlyNikki* wrote:@ dajewel, yep...feel free to add a cap. I'm still loving my micro heat cap...definitely worth looking into if you're a regular DCer.

My hair doesn't like oils very much, so I'd always load up with conditioner and then add some oil on top. Many people simply do oil treatments on wet or dry hair...they get great results!

ok! i will be doing a dc tuesday night. i usually dc once a month, but i believe my hair needs it for extra moisture (due to the cold air) and strengthening. i was thinking of either dc with the oil alone or combine with carol's daughter tui conditioner. we shall see...
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by Pinkrage 29th November 2009, 9:54 pm

I am going to DC on Wed/Thurs night. I usually only get a DC when I go to the hairdresser. Now I am really confident that I don't have to pay my hairdresser to do this for me. I can condition and sit under the dryer at home.

You all have listed so many things. I think I will start with what I have already under the sink... ORS with some coconut oil and evoo. I will go pick up the Garnier Fructis 3min undo for the next DC. I will let you all know how it goes.
Pinkrage
Pinkrage

http://www.fotki.com/pinkrage

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next