CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Raw honey ?

5 posters

Go down

Raw honey ? Empty Raw honey ?

Post by creolebeauty1 13th January 2011, 8:01 pm

I have been putting honey in my hair and my hair loves it so much that i want to purchase some more i usually add a little honey to my shea mix for moisture and as a preservative , i also add honey to my deep conditioner , i sometimes a day before wash day will use it on my edges to smooth them back when i'm wearing a bun needless to say honey as become a huge part of my hair care routine
I decided to get some raw honey and it comes in a hard form i assume do i have to heat it up before i add it to my conditioner now and how will i go about adding it to my edges ? anyone as used raw honey before does it come in a hard state or is it liquid ? i ordered it already thinking raw might be closest to natural but i sure did not think all this other questions until now
creolebeauty1
creolebeauty1

Back to top Go down

Raw honey ? Empty Re: Raw honey ?

Post by Mandi'sGoneCurly! 13th January 2011, 9:09 pm

You and I are right >>>here<<< as fas questions today. Lol I have some raw honey that I haven't used yet and it's hard and white. There are also flecks of what appears to be the honey comb. I'm curious to know how you ladies use it also..... Lol @ us buying products we don't know how to use.
Mandi'sGoneCurly!
Mandi'sGoneCurly!

Back to top Go down

Post by creolebeauty1 13th January 2011, 9:33 pm

LOL i know right smh i figured raw is better than organic but how do i use it lol
creolebeauty1
creolebeauty1

Back to top Go down

Post by CarlaAR 13th January 2011, 10:56 pm

I tend to gently warm up my honey on the stove via a double boiler method when mixing my conditioners. Since I tend to add solid coconut oil (depending on the weather) and butters, warming it up makes it a little easier to make the mix uniform.
CarlaAR
CarlaAR

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandi'sGoneCurly! 13th January 2011, 11:10 pm

CarlaAR wrote:I tend to gently warm up my honey on the stove via a double boiler method when mixing my conditioners. Since I tend to add solid coconut oil (depending on the weather) and butters, warming it up makes it a little easier to make the mix uniform.
Does it re-harden?
Mandi'sGoneCurly!
Mandi'sGoneCurly!

Back to top Go down

Post by creolebeauty1 13th January 2011, 11:33 pm

Okay what's the double boiler method ? confused do i scoop it up and warm it up on the stove top or microwave we are clueless ? lol
creolebeauty1
creolebeauty1

Back to top Go down

Post by Smooth Jazz Luvr 13th January 2011, 11:48 pm

I have raw honey - it looks like a pomeade (sorry if spelling is incorrect - LOL). The color is beige, and it does have the honeycomb flecks. I've used it with EVOO and also conditioner. I put it in the microwave -- not very long, though (for the amount I use it's 5-10 seconds at the most). If longer, it's too hot and you need to let it cool down.

Smooth Jazz Luvr

Back to top Go down

Post by CarlaAR 13th January 2011, 11:50 pm

Mandi'sGoneCurly! wrote:
CarlaAR wrote:I tend to gently warm up my honey on the stove via a double boiler method when mixing my conditioners. Since I tend to add solid coconut oil (depending on the weather) and butters, warming it up makes it a little easier to make the mix uniform.
Does it re-harden?

You know, I really don't know because I only mix it as I use it. I would like to think that it would but not so much as long as you don't add any butters to your mix...

creolebeauty1 wrote:Okay what's the double boiler method ? confused do i scoop it up and warm it up on the stove top or microwave we are clueless ? lol

"A double boiler is a device used for slowly melting or steaming delicate foods. It consists of two pans, one of which fits into the other, and a lid which fits them both. Water is boiled or simmered in the first pan, while food is gently cooked in the second pan suspended above it. The mild, indirect heat generated by the boiling water is perfect for preparing sensitive foods such as custards, sauces, chocolate, meringues, butter and puddings."

I tend to use one of my heat safe glass bowls or Pyrex measuring glasses inserted in the pot with the boiling water. I don't like to use direct heat (fear of burning) so the boiling water is a gentler method of melting. I don't own a microwave (by choice).

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

CarlaAR
CarlaAR

Back to top Go down

Post by creolebeauty1 14th January 2011, 12:22 am

lol you can tell i don't cook .. thank you i will try both ways and see witch is better once i get my honey i plan on making some mixed shea this week end for my hair Smile
creolebeauty1
creolebeauty1

Back to top Go down

Post by CarlaAR 14th January 2011, 12:27 am

creolebeauty1 wrote:lol you can tell i don't cook .. thank you i will try both ways and see witch is better once i get my honey i plan on making some mixed shea this week end for my hair Smile

Cool! Let us know how it goes. Are you just going to mix honey with shea butter?
CarlaAR
CarlaAR

Back to top Go down

Post by creolebeauty1 14th January 2011, 12:54 am

Every 2 weeks i make a new small mixture of shea butter and i test different ingredients i'm trying to get the perfect blend
this week i'm adding xhanxhan gum to it to make everything stick together i will add avocado oil , coconut oil , jojoba oil , aloe vera gel , honey , castor oil and olive oil so i will probably heat up the honey coconut oil and shea butter separately than add them as i mix
creolebeauty1
creolebeauty1

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 17th January 2011, 11:07 pm

Between eating honey, using it for my hair, and skin care, we go through tons of honey in my household. Just passing along this tip for anyone using alot of honey, Costco carries a 3-pack, which is 3-24oz plastic bottles of organic honey for about $10.00.

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by creolebeauty1 17th January 2011, 11:15 pm

Nice i may have to do that because i deff i'm a honey head lol
creolebeauty1
creolebeauty1

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 17th January 2011, 11:22 pm

Me too Creole-- all the way from my tea to my MOCK olive and honey hydrating balm bounce

Last edited by naturallynola on 17th January 2011, 11:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by creolebeauty1 17th January 2011, 11:43 pm

LOL Smile
creolebeauty1
creolebeauty1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down