CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hey curlies teens! Here is a quick review of my natural childhood to permhood and then to my newly naturality

Go down

Hey curlies teens! Here is a quick review of my natural childhood to permhood and then to my newly naturality Empty Hey curlies teens! Here is a quick review of my natural childhood to permhood and then to my newly naturality

Post by ArmaniMaze 15th December 2010, 12:44 am

When I was natural, probably a few months before 3rd grade started I remember my natural hair. I didn't hate it, dislike it or anything. The only thing I did hate, which I'm sure some of you can relate to, is when my grandma or mother did my hair. It was hellll!! My grandma did it most of the time because she was more skilled than my mother and this is what she did. My hair was usually in plaits or braids all the time. She used a fine toothed comb to detangle and comb and grease my DRY hair (Read that again to soak it in, we have enough trouble with detangling with wet hair and a large toothed comb). It hurt sooo badd. I remember one time that the comb snapped in half in my hair. I would barely get my hair washed, but my hair didn't grow that long really. Overall, I was a happy camper because it was 'just hair' to me. I was introduced to the relaxer in 3rd grade and I was really excited because I haven't had my hair straight before, and I wanted to see it that way. I got my first perms at home, and my grandma did a good job of keeping it from burning. I had the bad experiences whenever I started going to a shop. My worst experience there was when I would get the dreaded protein treatment after the perm was washed out and my scalp was raw.(I hated having my head clawed to bits when getting shampooed). It burned my head so bad I jumped out of my seat and i started crying! This was at twelve years old. I still kept coming though, but i dreaded it. I had no idea what to do with my hair because perming was the only thing I knew. Suddenly ot dawned upon me '' i can go natural!!!'' it was like an epiphany ladies! I was so excited. I told my mom and she had no problem with it because she didnt care how, or what I did with my hair Smile. I transitioned for about 2 months and I BC'd at thirteen years old. I am. Now i'm 14 and loving my TWA. Yea I had to transition going into high school with super short hair, but it was ok. I've never been made fun of thankfully, and i have gotten compliments. I hope my story gives some hope to younger transitioners because there is something else you can do if you hate getting your head burned every 6 weeks. Wellll that's my story hope you enjoyed!

ArmaniMaze

Back to top Go down