CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

cowashing!

5 posters

Go down

cowashing! Empty cowashing!

Post by mickey1220 13th December 2010, 10:33 am

Idk what to do! im cowashing and i loooove it but i haven't been shampooing. im afraid ill get buildup or something. do i have to shampoo? why do so many people shampoo and co wash? don't you get the same results/benefits?
mickey1220
mickey1220

Back to top Go down

cowashing! Empty Re: cowashing!

Post by tpayne22 13th December 2010, 12:20 pm

Well Shampoo just helps remove the build up that comes from products and can also remove the build up that comes from co washing. Shampoo strips the hair to remove build up shampoo doesn't. The most important thing is to keep you scalp clean. You can use a non sulfate shampoo or you could keep co washing and clarify your hair like once a month to make sure that build up doesn't happen.
tpayne22
tpayne22

Back to top Go down

Post by Bun_Ana 13th December 2010, 3:58 pm

I cowash about three times a week. At the end of the week, I shampoo. I don't like to shampoo too often because it gives my hair a very stripped and brittle feeling that I hate. I'd say just shampoo as needed, like when your hair feels like it has a waxy film or when your scalp starts to itch.
Bun_Ana
Bun_Ana

http://bunanamarie.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallychelsea 13th December 2010, 7:16 pm

I shampoo about once a week like bun. I usually only focus on my scalp where it is needed and simply allow the shampoo to run over my hair during rinsing to prevent it stripping my hair.
Also kimmaytube has a great video on how she shampoos her hair https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1FQ79FD2VY

Lastly I think you just need to listen to your hair. Cowash until it feels like there is buildup. Indications of build up are dull hair, hair that is unresponsive to products, frizzy hair and generally unruly hair. Also, if you do not like shampoo you could try apple cider vinegar as an alternative.
naturallychelsea
naturallychelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by mickey1220 14th December 2010, 12:27 am

Thanks you guys!
mickey1220
mickey1220

Back to top Go down

Post by HappyNaps 30th December 2010, 8:42 pm

I just co washed with pantene for women of color and I love the way it makes my hair feel. I think what i'm gonna do is co wash on the regular and shampoo like every 3-4 weeks.
HappyNaps
HappyNaps

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down