CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ecostyler gel , aloe vera gel all gels witch you prefer ?

+7
CrAvInG_CuRlZ:)
Renny
FalconTress
Emartini04
Naturally Esq
FABulosity22
creolebeauty1
11 posters

Go down

Ecostyler gel , aloe vera gel all gels witch you prefer ? Empty Ecostyler gel , aloe vera gel all gels witch you prefer ?

Post by creolebeauty1 11th December 2010, 7:49 pm

I use lilly of the desert aloe vera juice and gel in my leave in and whipped shea butter mixtures , those were designes as dietary supplements can i also use the gel one as a gel to smooth down my edges ?
Also witch aloe vera or other gel do you use ? i prefer one with no alcohol that won't flake or leave white residue
I also use the Ecostyler olive oil gel and black one but both of them leave my hair with extra built up , wich one do you use and why ?
creolebeauty1
creolebeauty1

Back to top Go down

Ecostyler gel , aloe vera gel all gels witch you prefer ? Empty Re: Ecostyler gel , aloe vera gel all gels witch you prefer ?

Post by FABulosity22 11th December 2010, 7:58 pm

I used Ecostyler Olive Oil gel during my transition when I was slicking my hair down for my buns and it def left a build up. I tried using it on my natural hair (BC'd a week ago) and it left my hair extremely dry. I just bought Kinky Curly Curling Custurd and it seems to be more "light weight" than Ecostyler although extremely expensive.
FABulosity22
FABulosity22

Back to top Go down

Ecostyler gel , aloe vera gel all gels witch you prefer ? Empty Re: Ecostyler gel , aloe vera gel all gels witch you prefer ?

Post by Naturally Esq 11th December 2010, 8:10 pm

If I use a gel, I use Aubrey Organics Mandarin Magic Hair Moisturizing Jelly.
Naturally Esq
Naturally Esq

Back to top Go down

Post by Emartini04 11th December 2010, 8:20 pm

I love curls gelsc
Emartini04
Emartini04

Back to top Go down

Post by FalconTress 11th December 2010, 8:31 pm

Here's what I have:

Lily of the Desert aloe vera juice (for my kimmaytube leave-in)
Trader Joe's Aloe Vera Gel
Kiss My Face Upper Management Gel ( this is a "light hold" product for me)

FalconTress

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 11th December 2010, 8:52 pm

I use ecostyler olive oil or clear to slick down my edges.

I have aloe vera gel but it doesn't work for me for my edges. I mix it with Curly Meringue to do twist. I also use Kiss My Face Upper Mgmt Gel and it's a lighter hold, but it'll work too for my edges. I love the ingredients and use it with my twist sometimes (over a moisturizer).
Renny
Renny

http://www.rhondamcknight.net

Back to top Go down

Post by CrAvInG_CuRlZ:) 11th December 2010, 9:31 pm

I prefer KCCC. I only use eco styler 4 my edges.

Back to top Go down

Post by mizcreativelyme 12th December 2010, 12:43 pm

I like to use EcoStyler olive oil. I portion it out and add water to it to eliminate crunchiness and stickiness. Doing this also cuts out the whiteness/buildup. It works great for smoothing down my edges and other styling options. I've tried aloe vera, but it didn't perform well for me.
mizcreativelyme
mizcreativelyme

Back to top Go down

Post by SweetieOne 12th December 2010, 2:15 pm

I just used the Ecostyler Olive Oil gel this pass week for a a dry braid out and two days ago for a two strand twist out with flexi rods and both time it didn't leave a build up or made my hair crunchy, i guess it all depends on the texture of your hair, but so far i really like the EcoStyler Olive Oil gel...
SweetieOne
SweetieOne

Back to top Go down

Post by creolebeauty1 12th December 2010, 5:17 pm

MIZcreative im going to try adding some water maybe that will work Smile thank you
creolebeauty1
creolebeauty1

Back to top Go down

Post by creolebeauty1 12th December 2010, 5:18 pm

@ sweetyone idk what it is when i was relaxed i hated the black gels because they would get hard and flake now it seems black gels work better for me
creolebeauty1
creolebeauty1

Back to top Go down

Post by CarlaAR 12th December 2010, 5:48 pm

In terms of aloe vera gel, I like the Trader Joes Aloe Vera Gel.

I have Eco Styler Oliver Oil gel, but its too heavy for my hair (totally straightens my hair). I try to only use that for my edges and even with that, I have to be careful.

For my hair, I prefer KCCC or Kiss My Face - Upper Management.
CarlaAR
CarlaAR

Back to top Go down

Post by SweetieOne 12th December 2010, 6:01 pm

@creolebeauty i am almost 3 months post relaxer and i never use gel before because i never like how hard it gets and the flakes it left in other people hair. so this is my first time using gel, but i also had use a little Darcys organic coconut and cupuacu natural hair butter pomade so i don't know if that had anything to do with it but maybe you can also try using a little grease or pomade to it..

p.s i hope you find a solution that works for you.
SweetieOne
SweetieOne

Back to top Go down

Post by creolebeauty1 12th December 2010, 9:11 pm

Thanks ladies @ sweet one i will try adding some pomade to a little bit and see how that works as well thanks
creolebeauty1
creolebeauty1

Back to top Go down

Post by TLog77 12th December 2010, 9:28 pm

I liked KCCC pretty well. My hair was well defined and looked good, but it was a little hard and crunchy. Now, I prefer Mixed Roots Curl Pudding. It defines well and leaves my hair moisturized and soft, but still well defined. It's also inexpensive.

I'm thinking about trying Eco Styler for my little girls twists since I can buy locally.
TLog77
TLog77

http://www.purplefabric.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down