CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

large puffy sleek twists and style

+3
thetiffany
misskris
blkbeauty2010
7 posters

Go down

large puffy sleek twists and style Empty large puffy sleek twists and style

Post by blkbeauty2010 9th December 2010, 2:07 am

how do you keep your twists from becoming flat without re twisting "regularly"? last week i twisted my hair (avi pic size inspired by Lynnieluve) and i love how thick/puffy they are. after a couple nights of good sleep theyre flat, misplaced, and a bunch of other non attractive adjectives Sad . I just recently gathered the courage to wear them out/uncovered (previously i would wear knit caps for 5 days with my twists and wear twist out on weekends). I want them to remain decent so i can possibly keep them in longer but i dont want to retwist every 2-3 days. any suggestion on how to keep them looking fresh?

Also, the back of my hair always lays perfectly in my twists but due to the different length and texture it always looks JACKED Embarassed (notice all the capital letters) in the front. any suggestion on how to part the front or direction to pull the hair when twisting in the front so i can be able to style them?

Last edited by blkbeauty2010 on 9th December 2010, 2:09 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : error)
blkbeauty2010
blkbeauty2010

Back to top Go down

large puffy sleek twists and style Empty Re: large puffy sleek twists and style

Post by misskris 9th December 2010, 9:52 am

Hey Blkbeauty. Your twists look great to me in the pic!!! I would say maybe you can just try spritzing them with water or one you may have made. And kinda of twirl them each in between your fingers just to kind of reshape them. And maybe reseal with oil.

How do you have it parted now? That's something you'll probably just have to experiment with. I may be wrong but your hair seems long enough that you may be able to pull them (or at least some) up in a bun, You can always use bobbie pins to style as well.
Hope this helps. Very Happy
misskris
misskris

http://www.earthdust.com

Back to top Go down

Post by thetiffany 9th December 2010, 10:19 am

i agree with miss kriss. i spritz with water and twirl with my fingers to get that '"perfect curl". i alaso use bobby pins to pin how i want my parts. sometimes i will pin curl my twist so that they will lay hw i want them and by the time i get to work (30minutes) my hair is just the way i want it Smile

oh yeah aloe vera gel works wonders for my twist. it brings back the curl without the scrunch!
thetiffany
thetiffany

http://embracingmycurly.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 9th December 2010, 12:34 pm

Gorgeous twists blkbeauty! I definitely co-sign on spritzing your twists to keep them moisturized. At night make sure to cover the twists with a satin scarf or bonnet and you should be able to wear them without retwisting so often. Mine are flat in the morning but I fluff with some type of pomade and then spray with a spritz and they're back to their usual shape. I wear mine for a week before I wear a twistout.

Which way to part your hair depends on how you want the twists to fall. A middle part usually means that the front twists are going to fall forward and allows you to easily pull them back to pin. A side part means that one side will fall more at an angle than the other side.

ETA: Also the longer you leave them in they're going to get that frizzy look.

Last edited by krazy coils on 9th December 2010, 12:36 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 9th December 2010, 1:04 pm

I dream of juicy twist like that Shocked Absolutely beautiful! Everyone has given you some good advice here. I think you should be good!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by blkbeauty2010 9th December 2010, 1:42 pm

JUICY is the perfect word for how i want them to look. Thanks ladies for the compliments and the suggestions, today is wash day and Ill be mixing up an aloe spritzer concoction for my next set. Ill let you know how it goes.
blkbeauty2010
blkbeauty2010

Back to top Go down

Post by brownsugar09 9th December 2010, 1:48 pm

blkbeauty2010

I'm having a bit of twist envy.....but in the nicest, most flattering way . How do you get your twists so full and...juicy? Very Happy
brownsugar09
brownsugar09

Back to top Go down

Post by djohnson_143 9th December 2010, 3:17 pm

I LOVE your twist! Like brownsugar09, I too want to know how you get them to look like that. How long is your hair?

djohnson_143

Back to top Go down

Post by blkbeauty2010 9th December 2010, 6:27 pm

the reggie for the featured twists are as followed

prepoo (Burts Bees Avocado pre poo treatment)
clarify (Pantene Relaxed and Natural)- only because I was doing a henna treatment
condish-YT Tomatoes (LOVE THIS FOR DETANGLING)
Henna- Rinse (Suave almond and shea butter conditioner)
DT- Pantene curly DT w/ EVOO
conditioner- Kimmaytube followed by Shea moisture yucca root conditioner. SECTION AND LET HAIR DRY COMPLETELY
Twist each section with Shea moisture hair masque (mixed mine with EVOO to the consistency I like)
seal ends with oil of choice.

I twisted on dry hair for maximum length and i twisted during the day to prevent them from displacing like they do if you twist at night and then go directly to bed. Its almost like the twist have the chance to settle in the style before you lay all over them.

My hair is CBL on the sides and back and right below chin length in front (stretched)
blkbeauty2010
blkbeauty2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down