CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sleek Bouncy Curls

4 posters

Go down

Sleek Bouncy Curls Empty Sleek Bouncy Curls

Post by risenshine 18th May 2010, 7:29 pm

Hey All

Being Lurking for a while and really like this forum, very nice thanks Curly Nikki [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Ok so I am going to jump right in by asking how the hell do you ladies get your curls so smooth and frizz free?

I have tried twists outs and it just end up as a ball of fuzz,
I have tried wash and go's and end up with white flaky residue and undefined curls whether using conditioner or gels
I deep condition weekly with lustrasilk and coconut oil and twist on very wet hair yet still have these issues, I need help [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

lol I think I've covered all my issues

risenshine

Back to top Go down

Sleek Bouncy Curls Empty Re: Sleek Bouncy Curls

Post by Hollis 18th May 2010, 9:10 pm

Hey risenshine, do you have any pics so we can see your hair texture? I have had a lot of trouble with twist outs sometimes they work for me but usually not. I used to have trouble with wash n gos also until I found the right product. I try to use a light conditioner or I just go light when applying condish and than I use something that has light hold so my hair is still bouncy. I like the devacare one condition or the Yes to cucumbers. For hold I use the devacurl set it free or the devacurl angell or both! It would be best if you had some pictures though because these products may or may not work for you. HTH Very Happy
Hollis
Hollis

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 19th May 2010, 1:32 pm

One word, moisture! What do you use to twist with?
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by risenshine 19th May 2010, 4:08 pm

Hi Ladies
Thanks for the response so far,
pics of my hair. Today I did Henna and Indigo 2 step and then deep conditioned with Lustrasilk and Coconut oil, EVOO and vatika

so what do you think the issue is? hair is pretty dry from the henna & indigo but wanted some responses before i go head and twist for the night. Hope you can help xxx [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by risenshine on 19th May 2010, 4:13 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ETA: Images)

risenshine

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 19th May 2010, 5:23 pm

Love your hair, great definition without product.

What do you have for moisture--water or emollient-based?
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by risenshine 19th May 2010, 5:44 pm

lol, think it was the henna! I use a water based moisturiser, well actually just any ole conditioner mixed with water, but when i tried to load up with just conditioner for a W&G I got flakes

risenshine

Back to top Go down

Post by risenshine 19th May 2010, 5:46 pm

here's a side view of my hair[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

risenshine

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 19th May 2010, 5:47 pm

What specifically are you using for moisture when you twist to leave in hair before sealing with oil and/or butter?
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by risenshine 19th May 2010, 5:54 pm

I have a spray bottle with water, Elasta Qp design silk styling spray, Alba strawberries & Cream, tea tree EO, glycerin
I'm also sealing with coconut or shea butter but just finding it all a bit to greasy for my liking - heavy hands

risenshine

Back to top Go down

Post by Hollis 19th May 2010, 6:45 pm

Hey risenshine I love your hair, it's very pretty! If you think the shea butter is too greasy than you may want to try something like the deva curl set it free. I use that to seal with a lot and it works wonders. CurlyNikki uses it also. You don't need that much, I usually just squirt a few sprays maybe 3 in my hand and rub that in per twist or if I'm doing a wash n go I just rub it in per sections. That seems to work good with any conditioner but just remember to go light on the conditioner.
Hollis
Hollis

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 19th May 2010, 9:37 pm

risenshine wrote:I have a spray bottle with water, Elasta Qp design silk styling spray, Alba strawberries & Cream, tea tree EO, glycerin
I'm also sealing with coconut or shea butter but just finding it all a bit to greasy for my liking - heavy hands
I am not familiar with the Elasta QP and Alba products. The name styling spray leads me to think there is water in it. Glycerin can cause hair to dry out and/or become frizzy. When using it, it is important to use moisture/emollient products. I may be hard to determine what is causing dryness and/or frizz with so many products mixed together. I would suggest using two of the products and the tea tree oil. It may lead you to the cause of the problem(s).
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by WalkingInDestiny 19th May 2010, 9:43 pm

I have tried the Elast QP styling spray, although it states its also for natural hair, I'm not so sure about that...I tried it seversl times, putting it as the first product, and my hair immediately felt dry and stripped. I'm beginning to think that since I no longer use chemicals in my hair, I don't get the same response as I would anticipate. Just to see, you may try everything else you are doing wihout the styling spray and then see if your hair retains moisture. Also if you live in a dry climate Gycerin may not work well for you and casue dryness.
WalkingInDestiny
WalkingInDestiny

Back to top Go down

Post by risenshine 20th May 2010, 3:15 pm

Hey all
I am going to try another deep condition tonight, hair feels very dry still from the henna,

I have aussie moist and going to mix it with coconut oil and honey

Like some product suggestions for the Uk if any London girls are reading, Its seems the best stuff is in the states lol

keep the help coming though xxx

risenshine

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down