CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FB hair convo

+10
teenatty
AmariC05
Fleur
Ambitious_Tiff
FalconTress
NhappyJackie
newcurlieque
misskris
LaToya28
blkbeauty2010
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

FB hair convo Empty FB hair convo

Post by blkbeauty2010 7th December 2010, 2:35 am

DM
‎...thinking about going natural. But idk, I love my relaxers! Any suggestions, thoughts, or opinions??
5 hours ago via Mobile Web · LikeUnlike · Comment

JJ I feel ya, I think you should do it!

AG U can use a relaxer that contains less chemicals like dominican relaxers or mizani butter blend relaxer if u don't wanna stop cold turkey

DM I want natural curly hair...but I'm afraid that my hair might not be "naturally" curly! LOL!

AG Yea, I tried it, and mine turned out naturally curly if u compare it to corn bread crumbs...I can't do it, so I just extended the amount of time between each one

LZ u will have a lot of bad hair days but its worth it. im one year in the process...i have a great hair presser...i may do the fro thing on the wknds but mostly straight. some people chop all their hair off i did the transition(clip the ends a lil bit @ a time)...leave the creamy crack alone!

AG I think its a good idea, I jus don't have a tame grade of hair, so I'm a creamy crack head, but I jus use less harsh stuff, but I say go for it

DM ROTFLMBO @ Artesha. Corn bread crumbs, really?? LoL...u are silly.

LR the bad hair days is what scares me. Im going to try it though.. I think... Idk, im scared, lol.

AB. I THINK ITS A GOOD IDEA SIS. I WISH I COULD DO IT. MY HAIR IS ON A SCHEDULE. IVE BEEN GETTING A RELAXER SINCE I WAS 4(YES I WAS A BLESS ONE....TO GET ONE AT A YOUNG AGE AND STILL HAVE HAIR) SO MY HAIR WONT ACT RIGHT IF I SKIP AN APPOINTMENT.

SC
I've gone natural Dominique it took a whole year and now my relaxxer is finally all gone, however it is a lot of maintenance and I lost a lot of hair in the process. Normally they cut out the relaxer, but I opted to not do that, it was the ...natural shedding process but if you are not in it for the long hall, and keep going consistently to a good hair care stylist dont do it. Finally I am starting to see the benefits, not just waiting for my hair to grow back and its on its way, its much more healthier and fuller. If your hair is healthy with the relaxers no need to switch. I only switched because naturally in our family the hair thins out with age and relaxers and my hair started doing that. I said oh no before I lose my hair due to chemicals I stopped. Its much fuller now and healther. So there is some food for thought....See More

DM Thanks ladies!! I have talked with my oh-so-lovely beautician and she thinks it's a good idea. We're going to see how my hair acts while going thru the process. I will keep you all posted! Smile Knowing my cry baby self, I'll probably chicken out- LoL!
LZ
Don't be scared! Everyone has different hair so you have to make sure you have someone who knows how to assist you in maintaining your hair during the process. Your hair is so fragile once the natural hair grows in and your ends are relaxed... (its like clash of the two different hair textures).You can do a sew-in or do roller sets...I did a lot of roller sets (this keeps your hair from breaking off so much)...I was lucky I did not lose a lot of hair during the process. You just have to let your hair do its own thing and you style it in styles that require little or no maintenance.

You know how we as women are when it comes to our hair so it is definitely a journey. Now I will say, I was lucky and I didn't have to do a lot of hard work because my natural texture of hair is not very hard and thick so it wasn't very difficult for me to do it.

LM (original posters sister) IF U CUT YOUR HAIR DON'T TALK TO ME NO MORE....LEAVE UR HAIR ALONE IT'S FINE N U KNOW U CAN'T DO NO BAD HAIR DAYS SO STOP IT!!!!!!!!!!
blkbeauty2010
blkbeauty2010

Back to top Go down

FB hair convo Empty Re: FB hair convo

Post by LaToya28 7th December 2010, 1:16 pm

Wow...cornbread crumbs...lol People are silly, but to each his own. Some people are ok with natural hair and some aren't. We just have to remember to respect other people's decisions. The OP's sister's response was harsh, but I'm sure she'll learn to like it and might even join her sister one day.

LaToya28

http://members.fotki.com/latoya28/

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 7th December 2010, 1:29 pm

yeah that was the worst comment in the whole thing...."don't talk to me no more"!!! Really??? I imagine these people may be young (or just uneducated about natural hair). But wow!! and yeah, the cornbread crumbs?? WTH???? lol Crazy!!
misskris
misskris

http://www.earthdust.com

Back to top Go down

Post by newcurlieque 7th December 2010, 1:40 pm

Jus WOW Suspect
newcurlieque
newcurlieque

Back to top Go down

Post by NhappyJackie 7th December 2010, 1:50 pm

Ummm...yeah scratch I've been there. My family said my hair would fall out and my edges would be bald. After my bc my SISTER said "Don't say you didn't like boys and then go cut your hair off....hint...hint". We were having a conversation about elementary school crushes and I said I really didn't like boys in elementary school.
Fast forward to today............I get nothing but compliments on my hair from my family.
NhappyJackie
NhappyJackie

http://members.fotki.com/jackiejones205/about/

Back to top Go down

Post by FalconTress 7th December 2010, 1:56 pm

IF U CUT YOUR HAIR DON'T TALK TO ME NO MORE
....U KNOW U CAN'T DO NO BAD HAIR DAYS SO STOP IT!!

Harsh perhaps, but spoken like the sister who will be on the receiving end of all the "Hair emergency" phone calls and texts.

She did ask for suggestions, thoughts or opinions.

FalconTress

Back to top Go down

Post by blkbeauty2010 7th December 2010, 2:01 pm

Im trippin over the "Blessed to have a perm at 4" comment... Really!?!? scratch I know everyone is entitled to do what they please with their hair but processing young kids hair has never been something that sat well with me, niether has putting weave in little missy's scalp (ive seen a sew in on 4 and 5 year olds). Not cool!
blkbeauty2010
blkbeauty2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 7th December 2010, 2:08 pm

Girl that's a mess and a cleanup! Its good to have friends to support your decision. I wouldn't worry about the rest b/c they will be the main ones complimenting you on your hair later. Wink
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 7th December 2010, 2:54 pm

No, @ blkbeauty, she was sying that she was blessed to still have hair after having a relaxer that young!!! LOL But I totally agree with you. THAT is insane. They don't know what a relaxer is that young!! And they don't have a say. AND I also totally agree with those sew ins and micros that these little girls have. 1st of all, in my opinion it's not at all cute for them to have THAT much hair added to their sometimes, almost non-existent hair. 2nd, that's too much weight on their little scalps. It's a shame. Mad
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 7th December 2010, 3:19 pm

At the beginning of the school year I was in one of the beauty supply stores here and I saw several women purchasing lace front wigs for their kids. I am talking about lil girls that could not have been anymore than 7-8 years old. I just smh. Crying or Very sad
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by Fleur 7th December 2010, 3:23 pm

Ok Ambitious, have you seen this pic of a lacefront on a baby? I just joined in July, so someone may have posted this earlier. The mother said she wanted her baby to "look like Beyonce". Just incredibly sad.

Google lacefront, baby, Sandra Rose.
Fleur
Fleur

Back to top Go down

FB hair convo Empty FB is crazy! lol

Post by AmariC05 7th December 2010, 3:27 pm

Wow.... this was an ignorant yet interesting conversation. I can say that my lack of knowledge was one of the reason I put in relaxers for so many years. But thats was site like curlynikki.com are for. Once I started doing the research I couldn't wait to go natural.
AmariC05
AmariC05

http://www.annalisa-online.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 7th December 2010, 3:33 pm

WHY LAWD!! Just Why?? She KNOW she wrong for that...
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by Fleur 7th December 2010, 3:35 pm

Wrong as a $3 bill!! I didn't want to post the child's face, but mama deserves a smackdown. The little girl looked like one of those ceramic dolls, though.
Fleur
Fleur

Back to top Go down

Post by teenatty 7th December 2010, 3:37 pm

@ Ambitious_Tiff lacefronts Really ?? SMH!! Anyway let me share my story real quick. I told my best friend who is also my brother "I am going Natural" He said " You deserve to be natural out of all the people we know. You did have a jericurl at three."" Yes my mom put a jehri curl in my hair. It was the eightiesa and no one could handle my thick coarse hair. But like the convo above I am lucky that I wasn't bald or close to it. But yes a lot of people are agaisnt natural hair. I believe natural is beautiful and You can learn to LOve it. And hello@ blkbeauty2010, @LaToya28 ,@FalconTress ,@misskris
teenatty
teenatty

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 7th December 2010, 3:41 pm

OH MY GOSH!!!!! WHAT!!?? http://sandrarose.com/2009/11/who-knew-they-made-lacefronts-wigs-for-babies/

That is truly sad!!! Sad isn't even the word. It's ignorant, embarrassing, pitiful, pathetic....SMH!!!! ONLY us!!!! Evil or Very Mad
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 7th December 2010, 3:42 pm

Hi Teenatty!!! Very Happy
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 7th December 2010, 3:43 pm

y'all I had to post that dumb ass page on my facebook page!!! That is a hot awful mess. Why would anyone do that to a baby???? Did you read the poem about the idiot parents??? LOL So sad!!
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by Fleur 7th December 2010, 3:43 pm

MissKris, I didn't want to post the link, but yeah, sad. Mama put it out there and she thinks it's cute.
Fleur
Fleur

Back to top Go down

Post by teenatty 7th December 2010, 3:45 pm

hI misskris .. Nice to meet u. luv the hair!!
teenatty
teenatty

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 7th December 2010, 3:52 pm

Oh thanks!! that pic was from this past Saturday after my first henna treatment. Smile
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 7th December 2010, 3:55 pm

That baby wig is as big as her. See what is wrong with that sentence. Baby and wig. Too far gone. I don't see what the big deal is with lacefronts, you can spot them hair store ones a mile away, lol. Ain nobody hair line THAT STRAIGHT!! If you are going to do it, get it custom made...

@ Teenatty
Why did she give you a jheri curl? Did all y'all furniture have that plastic coating on it? Lol. welcome to the forum!! Glad to have ya!
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by teenatty 7th December 2010, 4:34 pm

@Ambitious_Tiff I have no idea what possessed her to put a jheri curl in my hair. I guess she thought they were cute. LOL. She was dead wrong for that!

And thanks for the warm welcome!! Very Happy
teenatty
teenatty

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 7th December 2010, 5:08 pm

teenatty wrote:@ Ambitious_Tiff lacefronts Really ?? SMH!! Anyway let me share my story real quick. I told my best friend who is also my brother "I am going Natural" He said " You deserve to be natural out of all the people we know. You did have a jericurl at three."" Yes my mom put a jehri curl in my hair. It was the eightiesa and no one could handle my thick coarse hair. But like the convo above I am lucky that I wasn't bald or close to it. But yes a lot of people are agaisnt natural hair. I believe natural is beautiful and You can learn to LOve it. And hello@ blkbeauty2010, @LaToya28 ,@FalconTress ,@misskris

Hey Tee! Welcome to the site!

LaToya28

http://members.fotki.com/latoya28/

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 7th December 2010, 5:15 pm

Tiff you are so right about spotting them things!!! I don't know who they think they're foolin!!! LOL
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next