CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IntelligentBeauty;-)

+50
missmoriah
deeply_rooted_chick
FemmeFox
NubieNatty
tiffyd
p_nuttie43
SisterBoyd
TheRYL1
StephanieB
newcurlieque
Mz. Thang
curlyboricua
SimplyShainee
neethair
blondie
KeishaMac
TerraD
Pinkrage
bholmes87
mrsmackey
CocaColaCutie
A85
MahoganyCurls
KinkyNappyHappy
Kurlikinkiklassic
adiaha
MsJay1121
Miss CurlyT
BlondeByDesire
Courtney
Serenity23
SheeTacular
krenea
traveljunkie08
Juices-n-Berries
curlmixtress
sweetdrk1
tiashaunteé
dajewel
Freestyles
curly+kinky+fierce
Lynnieluve
Kea::curls
HumanNature
Blackbeauty
AfrikanLatina
ChrsLvsBks
Winnielours
Corygentri
Intelligentbeauty
54 posters

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

IntelligentBeauty;-) - Page 20 Empty Re: IntelligentBeauty;-)

Post by tiashaunteé 2nd February 2010, 10:38 am

Intelligentbeauty wrote:My relaxed ends are rebelling big time and pissing me off.

Hmmmm, I wonder what that could possibly mean Smile

How much length do you have that is natural now?
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 2nd February 2010, 1:56 pm

Intelligentbeauty~

You put a lot of work into you hair. You natual hair looks very healty, and you are doing a great job of styling you hair with both textures.

I'm curious like Tia...how much lenght do you have with just your natural hair? Before I bc I would measure my natural hair all the time. IntelligentBeauty;-) - Page 20 Lol
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 2nd February 2010, 2:31 pm

TIA and KNH, I have about 4 and half to 5 inches of new growth all the way around. Once I cut, I am looking at 4 inches and shrinkage looking like 2 inches, right?
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by A85 2nd February 2010, 2:37 pm

Ur hair looks sooo shiny!! Maybe try making the relaxed hair as flat as possible on the roller...roll it like a spiral and hold the rod vertically or at an angle...try it on one next time see if it works
A85
A85

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 2nd February 2010, 2:52 pm

Girl, I have tried that IntelligentBeauty;-) - Page 20 Icon_lol . It would hold the curl for a little while then lose it. And when I put diluted setting lotion (which I did forget this time), it frizzs out like crazy and it is still a 2 day tops hairstyle. Ok I am going to try one more time with my usually diluted setting lotion and see what happens. I really want that extra 1/2 inch to 1 inch gals. IntelligentBeauty;-) - Page 20 Icon_lol And I am doing the castor oil challenge. So maybe I will see more growth.........

Thanks A85. IntelligentBeauty;-) - Page 20 Icon_biggrin
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 2nd February 2010, 2:53 pm

Intelligentbeauty wrote:TIA and KNH, I have about 4 and half to 5 inches of new growth all the way around. Once I cut, I am looking at 4 inches and shrinkage looking like 2 inches, right?

It's a good chance that you will have that much shrinkage. But you know how to flat twist right-that could become your staple set for twist outs and that would help combat some of that shrinkage. I feel like it's Christmas-I am counting down to your BC!
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 2nd February 2010, 3:08 pm

LOL at Tia......
I really want to master that was n go ,though. I am longing to do that. Do you know how much time that would save me? IntelligentBeauty;-) - Page 20 Icon_lol
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 2nd February 2010, 4:05 pm

Intelligentbeauty wrote:LOL at Tia......
I really want to master that was n go ,though. I am longing to do that. Do you know how much time that would save me? IntelligentBeauty;-) - Page 20 Icon_lol

Big Chop, is that you calling Intelligentbeauty? Why is she acting like she doesnt hear you?

IntelligentBeauty;-) - Page 20 Lol
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 2nd February 2010, 4:49 pm

LMBO @ Lynn
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 2nd February 2010, 5:22 pm

when you do it you are going to fall in love with your curls. It is amazing to see how they change and stand up, lay down...shrink!! I am with Tia counting down!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 2nd February 2010, 7:08 pm

**Running Thru (panting) out of breath** Hey y'all!!!

BIG CHOP, BIG CHOP...LOL
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 3rd February 2010, 1:32 am

LOL at all you curlies.....
I am waiting on my husband now. He wants to go with me to the salon. However our schedules are perfectly opposite from each other. So we have to actually plan and schedule this BC. Ridiculous IntelligentBeauty;-) - Page 20 Icon_neutral
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 3rd February 2010, 8:15 am

"Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need."
Hebrews 4:16

Good Morning curlies:

My hair is still under that black hat today. I will oil scalp today with castor/evoo mix (3rd time this week). My scalp loves this stuff. I should have just washed and DC all this time my hair was under the hat IntelligentBeauty;-) - Page 20 Icon_lol.
Nayway, I spoke to my husband last night about how I felt about my hair and the relaxed ends. He is all for a sonner BC; however, he wants us to look thru styles together then make the appointment at a salon so both of us can go, "as we previously discussed". This is great; however, our schedules are so opposite each other. We would have to literally sit down pick a day to look thru styles then pick a day for appointment, then schedule a babysitter because my boys are not sitting still in any hairdresser. IntelligentBeauty;-) - Page 20 Icon_lol All this for some hair. MY GOODNESS IntelligentBeauty;-) - Page 20 Icon_rolleyes . I guess I should be happy he wants to be a part. IntelligentBeauty;-) - Page 20 Icon_basketball I highly respect my husband, so I won't self BC if he doesn't want me too.
So needless to say, the next few days are already planned out and there will be no BC. So I will have to set it up with him for next weekend or so, hopefully.
So I guess I have at least one more wash and style with these ends. I think I will cowash then try my hands at putting twists in to stay. The last time I did individual braids and that was a mess. Now I will try twists. If I can keep my hair like that for like 1 and a half weeks, I will be happy. IntelligentBeauty;-) - Page 20 Icon_cheers We will see.......

I received some great news. One of the relaxed heads I was telling you about before, has a blog talk radio. She wants my dear friend, kinkykurlyklasic, and I to be on as her guests. What's the topic? Come on, you know! NATURAL HAIR IntelligentBeauty;-) - Page 20 Icon_biggrin (I guess she is coming around, hummm...) I am stoked at the opportunity to do this. Since I don't have time for a blog, this will be a great outlet for me to talk to others about transitioning and for my friend and I to dispell some of the myths surrounding our hair. Stay tuned.....

Have a blessed day dolls!!!!!! IntelligentBeauty;-) - Page 20 Icon_sunny
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 3rd February 2010, 10:25 am

Good Morning IB:

Wow your hubby is super supportive ... very nice. My husband would never travel with me the salon IntelligentBeauty;-) - Page 20 Icon_sad . I think that's great. Well I'm right behind you, I'm calling today to schedule an appointment.

That's great news about the blog talk radio. You have a wealth of knowledge to share. Keep us posted.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 3rd February 2010, 11:12 am

I love the support you are getting from your hubby and I admire the respect you have for his feelings. Sadly, you don't see that a lot today. I have no problem submitting to my Hubby as long as he is leading me in the right direction-he knows I will put my foot down if things don't look or feel right.

Does the radio station have a website that would allow me to listen to the interview? I would love to hear it. You should set up a camera and video the entire interview. That would make a great YouTube vid *hint,hint*
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 3rd February 2010, 11:22 am

Yea you gotta let us know how we can listen in on this blog radio! I love how involved your hubby is! It's so sweet!
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 3rd February 2010, 12:22 pm

IB - the date is set for my BC --- February 20 at 11:00. IntelligentBeauty;-) - Page 20 678474
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 3rd February 2010, 1:04 pm

WoooHooo!!!! BIG CHOP, BIG CHOP, BIG CHOP!!!

I am happy your hubby is so involved with your natural journey. You are gonna look fabulous!!!

Congratulations on the radio talk show gig!!! I agree with Tia! Video the interview!!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 3rd February 2010, 7:55 pm

tiashauntee wrote:I love the support you are getting from your hubby and I admire the respect you have for his feelings. Sadly, you don't see that a lot today. I have no problem submitting to my Hubby as long as he is leading me in the right direction-he knows I will put my foot down if things don't look or feel right.

Does the radio station have a website that would allow me to listen to the interview? I would love to hear it. You should set up a camera and video the entire interview. That would make a great YouTube vid *hint,hint*

I would love too. But is a call in type thing. We are not in an actual studio. But this is the website of her last show. Our show will be live but from our own homes...lol
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/ladiesfirst/2010/01/31/a-purpose-driven-mother

I don't think my husband wants to go to neccessarily support me. I think he is going more because he wants to make sure everything looks good before we leave. IntelligentBeauty;-) - Page 20 Icon_lol So I am not very comforted that he will be there.....lol. I would have preferred my dear natural friend going with me, but we will see.....
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 3rd February 2010, 7:58 pm

CocaColaCutie wrote:Yea you gotta let us know how we can listen in on this blog radio! I love how involved your hubby is! It's so sweet!

I will definitely let you gals know. It will be a live show. So you can call in with questions or comments. It will probably sometime this weekend. IntelligentBeauty;-) - Page 20 Icon_smile
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 3rd February 2010, 8:00 pm

BlondeByDesire wrote:IB - the date is set for my BC --- February 20 at 11:00. IntelligentBeauty;-) - Page 20 678474

IntelligentBeauty;-) - Page 20 617583 GO GIRL!!! I called my salon. She is 2 and half weeks out before I can get an appintment. So it looks like March anyway, but the very beginning of March.

What hairstyle will you do? Have you thought that far yet? IntelligentBeauty;-) - Page 20 Icon_rr
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 3rd February 2010, 8:06 pm

Intelligentbeauty wrote:TIA and KNH, I have about 4 and half to 5 inches of new growth all the way around. Once I cut, I am looking at 4 inches and shrinkage looking like 2 inches, right?

Yes...you will have shrinkage, but your hair will be sooo beautiful!!!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 3rd February 2010, 8:07 pm

Lynnieluve wrote:WoooHooo!!!! BIG CHOP, BIG CHOP, BIG CHOP!!!

I am happy your hubby is so involved with your natural journey. You are gonna look fabulous!!!

Congratulations on the radio talk show gig!!! I agree with Tia! Video the interview!!!

I am working on it Lynn. Thank you.

Like I told Tia, I dont know how supportive my husband will be. I just think he is there to make sure everything is to his liking before we leave the salon. So I am a little nervous. IntelligentBeauty;-) - Page 20 Icon_redface
I had an old pic I am going to try to show you gals. So you can see how long my hair was prior to my decision and mini chops.

The video I will not be able to do because it is a call in type thing. So I will post website for you gals to listen and call in with questions and comments. It may take place this weekend. Especially if it snows...lol.
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 3rd February 2010, 8:08 pm

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:

Yes...you will have shrinkage, but your hair will be sooo beautiful!!!!

THANK YOU IntelligentBeauty;-) - Page 20 Icon_biggrin
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 3rd February 2010, 8:14 pm

Intelligentbeauty wrote:
tiashauntee wrote:I love the support you are getting from your hubby and I admire the respect you have for his feelings. Sadly, you don't see that a lot today. I have no problem submitting to my Hubby as long as he is leading me in the right direction-he knows I will put my foot down if things don't look or feel right.

I would love too. But is a call in type thing. We are not in an actual studio. But this is the website of her last show. Our show will be live but from our own homes...lol
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/ladiesfirst/2010/01/31/a-purpose-driven-mother

I don't think my husband wants to go to neccessarily support me. I think he is going more because he wants to make sure everything looks good before we leave. IntelligentBeauty;-) - Page 20 Icon_lol So I am not very comforted that he will be there.....lol. I would have preferred my dear natural friend going with me, but we will see.....

A blogtaklradio...that is sooo cool. Will be sure to tune in. Is this sorta like a pod cast!!! That's what we should do...and natural hair pod cast. Then everyone with an ipod/iphone can stay current with things we share on the forum. WOW...

Okay...let me get back focused!!!

Keep us posted on your b/c, and you will be glad later that your husband is being so supportive!! IntelligentBeauty;-) - Page 20 Icon_biggrin
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum