CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IntelligentBeauty;-)

+50
missmoriah
deeply_rooted_chick
FemmeFox
NubieNatty
tiffyd
p_nuttie43
SisterBoyd
TheRYL1
StephanieB
newcurlieque
Mz. Thang
curlyboricua
SimplyShainee
neethair
blondie
KeishaMac
TerraD
Pinkrage
bholmes87
mrsmackey
CocaColaCutie
A85
MahoganyCurls
KinkyNappyHappy
Kurlikinkiklassic
adiaha
MsJay1121
Miss CurlyT
BlondeByDesire
Courtney
Serenity23
SheeTacular
krenea
traveljunkie08
Juices-n-Berries
curlmixtress
sweetdrk1
tiashaunteé
dajewel
Freestyles
curly+kinky+fierce
Lynnieluve
Kea::curls
HumanNature
Blackbeauty
AfrikanLatina
ChrsLvsBks
Winnielours
Corygentri
Intelligentbeauty
54 posters

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

IntelligentBeauty;-) - Page 30 Empty Re: IntelligentBeauty;-)

Post by BlondeByDesire 28th February 2010, 9:42 am

Good Morning IB,

I'm sorry they aren't responding which is not good customer service in my opinion. As I understood the Deva Concept is to cut on dry hair - that's their specialty. You are totally right, they do ask that you come as you are so to speak.

When I was going for my cut I did inquire as to how they cut and I go an immediate response - I was told on "wet" hair because they can see the line of decarmation better in this state.

Everything will be fine, I know you won't let them do a hack job on your hair - just have one of big mirrors in front of you and watch as they cut.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 28th February 2010, 9:54 am

Well BBD, I am getting very anxious. I was really looking forward to the BC on Wednesday. I mean to wait another week. (sigh) Rolling Eyes
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by KeishaMac 28th February 2010, 7:01 pm

Okay, IB...no need to worry. I am sure they just told you to wear your hair as you normally would so that you won't have a lot of product or anything in it. I think that they will wet it down once you get there. Don't be nervous, it will be fine! I have thought about this issue when I started thinking about the BC, but I decided that I would rather do it at home myself first and then go somewhere to get it shaped up. I am still new to this area and I don't want to go to just anybody who won't understand all of my work and even mental training to get to this point for them to go and mess it up, lol! IntelligentBeauty;-) - Page 30 Icon_lol Not that it's a laughing matter, it's just sometime people don't really understand what it takes you to get to the point to cut off all your hair and start with a TWA. It's definitely a process and I don't think any of us take it lightly.

Anyway, I was thinking maybe I should do mine and then wait for a month or so when I go to FL to get the Curl Whisperer to do mine. (remember her post on here?) I know she works with all types of hair and since I will be close to there, no biggie to make a pit stop, right?

I wish you peace on the continuation of this journey and I know you will look fab! IntelligentBeauty;-) - Page 30 Icon_biggrin We want pics too!
KeishaMac
KeishaMac

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 28th February 2010, 11:27 pm

((((Hugs))))

Let your husband know that you do not know how your hair will look after the BC. Reassure him that you have done your homework and will look FIERCE.

From what I understand the stylist will cut your hair when dry then wash, trim more, if needed, and style it. I would suggest they use a water based moisturizer then oil while styling.

I am excited for you.
IntelligentBeauty;-) - Page 30 Icon_bounce
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 1st March 2010, 1:00 am

KeishaMac wrote:Okay, IB...no need to worry. I am sure they just told you to wear your hair as you normally would so that you won't have a lot of product or anything in it. I think that they will wet it down once you get there. Don't be nervous, it will be fine! I have thought about this issue when I started thinking about the BC, but I decided that I would rather do it at home myself first and then go somewhere to get it shaped up. I am still new to this area and I don't want to go to just anybody who won't understand all of my work and even mental training to get to this point for them to go and mess it up, lol! IntelligentBeauty;-) - Page 30 Icon_lol Not that it's a laughing matter, it's just sometime people don't really understand what it takes you to get to the point to cut off all your hair and start with a TWA. It's definitely a process and I don't think any of us take it lightly.

Anyway, I was thinking maybe I should do mine and then wait for a month or so when I go to FL to get the Curl Whisperer to do mine. (remember her post on here?) I know she works with all types of hair and since I will be close to there, no biggie to make a pit stop, right?

I wish you peace on the continuation of this journey and I know you will look fab! IntelligentBeauty;-) - Page 30 Icon_biggrin We want pics too!

KeishaM, you and I have the same mind set. Smile In the beginning, I wanted to cut my hair myself because of the same reasons you mentioned. But my DH refusesd and wants me to go to a salon get it cut and styled by a professional. I told him, I truely believe I have enough info to style it myself. He wasn't having it....lol.
I wanted to go to the curl whisperer too. I think she is awesome. But that would have to be next year when we go to Disney with the kids....lol. And I am not going another year like this. Laughing NO WAY!!!

ChrsLvsBks wrote:((((Hugs))))

Let your husband know that you do not know how your hair will look after the BC. Reassure him that you have done your homework and will look FIERCE.

From what I understand the stylist will cut your hair when dry then wash, trim more, if needed, and style it. I would suggest they use a water based moisturizer then oil while styling.

I am excited for you.
IntelligentBeauty;-) - Page 30 Icon_bounce

Thanks Chrs..Your so sweet Very Happy
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Corygentri 1st March 2010, 1:03 am

I just stopped in to see if the BC was still on - I can't wait to see how great it looks - I will check back soon - take care gorgeous!
Corygentri
Corygentri

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 1st March 2010, 1:09 am

Thanks Corygentri.....Your sweet Very Happy
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 1st March 2010, 2:40 am

Hi IB~

I had a busy weekend, and I see I missed a lot. So you moved your BC date due to your hubby's schedule. Well....I know that you are ready, but hang in there!!!

Also, is that the only salon you can go to? I remember when I wanted to schedule my appointment for my bc. The stylist wanted to see my hair first, and that was going to difficult because I was wearing a two strand-twist!!

I really thought she was being dificult, but my friend went to her. She asked her to do the same thing. Also, she cut my friend dry...then shampooed her, then cut the rest of the perm off. My friends' hair is nice, even and curly....however, I did the big chop myself and I have hair that is now finally curly, and all uneven. lol!

So the moral of this story is....NOTHING. Just trying to make you laugh so you will feel better about moving the date.

On the serious side....my hair has so many different lengths. Be patient...you will be glad in the end!!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 1st March 2010, 6:59 am

Thanks KNH,
I am trying to be patient. Smile
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 1st March 2010, 7:37 am

Jesus answered, "It is written: 'Man does not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.' "
Matthew 4:4

Good Monday Morning,

I hope everyone had a great weekend. Mine was ok. I neglected my hair all weekend just kept it in a bonnet with hat coverage for like 3 days. I did my hair last night for work though. It is in a twist out bang and low bun.

I am excited about tonight because it's henna night!! I plan to do my first baking soda cleanser tx (1TBS of baking soda with 3 TBS of curly friendly condish(Suave coconut)) instead of my diluted sulfate shampoo. However if it doesn't feel clean I will revert back to the poo....lol.
Henna is already mixed and in frige. My mix is 200gms of henna, acv, evoo, 1 egg and honey. I will apply henna like a perm with gloves. Then put on Saran wrap, 2 plastic caps and a towel wrap over my head. I will leave it on for 2 hours. On the last 1/2 hour, I will sit under the hooded dryer with medium heat. I will rinse out with water, extremely well. Then cowash with Tresemme moisture rich condish (I love this stuff). My overnight DC will be my good and faithful AO HSR condish. Then on tuesday night, I will rinse out condish with cold water and do a final rinse with my horsetail/peppermint strong tea and marshmallow root powder.

I have no idea what style I will put my hair in. I am trying to avoid combing it in anyway because I want the curls to clump when I finally do this BC. Mad

Anyway, HAVE A MONUMENTAL MONDAY DOLLS!!!!
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 1st March 2010, 10:42 am

I cant wait to hear about the baking soda treatment. 11 more days....
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 1st March 2010, 11:03 am

Good Morning IB,

Good luck with hair duties tonight. Curious about baking soda results too. Have a blessed day.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by MsJay1121 1st March 2010, 12:42 pm

I've used the baking soda treatment before--I like it if I'm trying to hold off on the 'poo! Hope you like it too!!!
MsJay1121
MsJay1121

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 1st March 2010, 4:24 pm

Sounds like you have a great plan to pamper your hair!!! I can't wait til I can try henna (AKA when I have money to buy henna. lol) and I really hope you don't have to change your BC date again!!! I'm so excited to see your beautiful curls Smile
Oh and I LOVE that scripture!!!
bholmes87
bholmes87

http://fotki.com/bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by KeishaMac 1st March 2010, 6:10 pm

Girl, your husband and mine are just alike, lol! IntelligentBeauty;-) - Page 30 Icon_razz He wants me to go and get it cut by a professional, but I told him today that the lady who cut my hair before just wasn't the one. Last Nov. I had her trim my hair, a mini chop. Now, I asked her to cut off somewhere b/t 2-4 inches. She got scared and only cut off like an 1 1/2 inches. I was so upset because I pay you to do what I ask and you can't because you chicken out?? IntelligentBeauty;-) - Page 30 Icon_scratch So, I decided that I will cut the relaxed ends off myself and get a professional to do it later. It can't be that bad, can it??

Oh btw, yeah I don't think I could go for another whole year to get my hair cut by the Curl Whisperer. I'd probably be bald by then (from cutting it all off myself).
KeishaMac
KeishaMac

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 2nd March 2010, 12:18 am

Right now I am on my last 1/2 hour of henna under the hooded dryer. I also have alma, multani, and orange peel powder paste on my face for a facial. The baking soda cleanser was ok. I will have to do it again. I felt like I missed spots so I reached for my Revlon poo. After that my hair felt totally stripped IntelligentBeauty;-) - Page 30 Kopfschuettel . But I was ok with that because that means the henna should take very well. I will try that baking soda tx again when I am completely natural.

bholmes87 wrote:Sounds like you have a great plan to pamper your hair!!! I can't wait til I can try henna (AKA when I have money to buy henna. lol) and I really hope you don't have to change your BC date again!!! I'm so excited to see your beautiful curls Smile
Oh and I LOVE that scripture!!!

Thank you!!! I hope I don't have to change this BC date again either unless it's to move it up... IntelligentBeauty;-) - Page 30 Icon_lol
KeishaMac wrote:Girl, your husband and mine are just alike, lol! IntelligentBeauty;-) - Page 30 Icon_razz He wants me to go and get it cut by a professional, but I told him today that the lady who cut my hair before just wasn't the one. Last Nov. I had her trim my hair, a mini chop. Now, I asked her to cut off somewhere b/t 2-4 inches. She got scared and only cut off like an 1 1/2 inches. I was so upset because I pay you to do what I ask and you can't because you chicken out?? IntelligentBeauty;-) - Page 30 Icon_scratch So, I decided that I will cut the relaxed ends off myself and get a professional to do it later. It can't be that bad, can it??

Oh btw, yeah I don't think I could go for another whole year to get my hair cut by the Curl Whisperer. I'd probably be bald by then (from cutting it all off myself).

LOL... IntelligentBeauty;-) - Page 30 Icon_lol ...at the stylist story.
I think our husbands need to hang out and leave us alone...... IntelligentBeauty;-) - Page 30 Icon_lol
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 2nd March 2010, 1:12 am

So here are the pics to show you gals what I am working with. No product and right after henna rinse out. It is wet, tangled and knotted up because I have not combed or styled in like 3 days. IntelligentBeauty;-) - Page 30 Kopfschuettel
Hopefully, the DC will work it out. I decided to use the marshmallow root on a rinse out of the DC to detangle. Then use horsetail/peppermint tea mix as a final rinse.
IntelligentBeauty;-) - Page 30 Day_pr10IntelligentBeauty;-) - Page 30 Day_pr11IntelligentBeauty;-) - Page 30 Day_pr12

GOOD NIGHT LADIES!!!! I HAVE 5AM CYCLING TOMORROW. IntelligentBeauty;-) - Page 30 Icon_cheers
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 2nd March 2010, 11:02 am

Good Morning IB,

So did the DC do the trick for your hair?
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 2nd March 2010, 11:06 am

I haven't washed it out yet. I will wash it out tonight
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 2nd March 2010, 2:23 pm

OooWee, your hair looks so thick and healthy!!! 10 more days...
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 2nd March 2010, 3:42 pm

I was young and now I am old, yet I have never seen the righteous forsaken or their children begging bread
Psalms 37:25

Good afternoon dolls:

Devachan salon finally calls me back and leaves a message on that question of how I should wear my hair. She said the stylist said I should wear my hair in it's curliest form. IntelligentBeauty;-) - Page 30 Icon_scratch Ok you gals saw that in the pics above right. IntelligentBeauty;-) - Page 30 Kopfschuettel So I am really not encouraged about going to these folks for my BC. Maybe after the BC for shaping up or trim but not for BC.

Anyway, my hair is under 2 plastic caps with my DC still on. I will rinse out later.

My husband and I had a very enlightening discussion on this BC and the results. This discussion took place following a MahganyCurls 1 yr video and then xGOLDn word for transitioners video.

First I will give you a little background. My husband cuts hair, men's hair. Back in the day, he use to do it on the regular but now he only does his own. He is very good, he cut his own her for our wedding day. That is how confident he is in his own skills and he looked sharp tooIntelligentBeauty;-) - Page 30 Icon_biggrin . So when he sees a person's texture, he can tell alot. However, he has been hoodwinked by perm textures. Let me explain. When he saw MC 1 yr since BC video, he was amazed. He said "I wouldn't think she would have that kind of hair texture from her permed hair. It's like the permed hair robbed the natural hair of all it's beauty." IntelligentBeauty;-) - Page 30 Icon_cheers IntelligentBeauty;-) - Page 30 617583 IntelligentBeauty;-) - Page 30 678474 NEED I SAW MORE IntelligentBeauty;-) - Page 30 Icon_lol

Now when we saw xGOLDn video for transitioners and the BC. Here is the link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-t5yCFD-zA&feature=player_embedded#

She was excellent. She answered every question and reservation my husband had. It was a God send, I tell you no lie.

So my husband turns to me and says, "So when do you want to do this ourselves, I want you to get there already." IntelligentBeauty;-) - Page 30 Icon_cheers NEED I SAY MORE IntelligentBeauty;-) - Page 30 Icon_lol . So bottom line he has agreed to help me BC. I am so excited, but still afraid of his reaction. So the date, well it's suppose to be tonight y'all...... IntelligentBeauty;-) - Page 30 Icon_lol . I have to change my ticker again.... IntelligentBeauty;-) - Page 30 Icon_lol . I will post results probably late tonight or tomorrow am. I hope he doesn't punk out on me...lol. But if he does I will understand.

Anyway, that is all for now. Well, I think that is quite enough for now.... IntelligentBeauty;-) - Page 30 Icon_lol .

PS---If this really happens tonight. I am going to find MC and xGOLDn and big them the biggest hugs ever... IntelligentBeauty;-) - Page 30 Icon_lol

HAVE A TERRIFIC DAY DOLLS!!!!
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 2nd March 2010, 3:53 pm

Yea!!! I will be stalking your thread all night waiting!
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 2nd March 2010, 3:54 pm

IntelligentBeauty;-) - Page 30 678474 CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I AM SO EXCITED!!! YOU GUYS WILL DO A GOOD JOB!!

Just for a confidence booster, check out BlackOnyx77 video on how to do your own big chop!!! I watched it several times before I did my own BC!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGSP173YAKw

Last edited by Lynnieluve on 2nd March 2010, 3:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 2nd March 2010, 3:55 pm

IntelligentBeauty;-) - Page 30 Icon_cheers IntelligentBeauty;-) - Page 30 678474 IntelligentBeauty;-) - Page 30 617583 OMG!!! I am so excited!!!!! I won't sleep waiting for the outcome!!! Woooo Weee!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 2nd March 2010, 4:18 pm

Thanks ladies.
Lynn, I will definitely be looking her up on youtube with him tonight. He wanted to do a little research himself anyway. So this is very helpful.

I will give you gals an easy signal if this happens, I will change my thread name to my curly community name, intelligentbeauty.

Pray for us yall....lol
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum