CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IntelligentBeauty;-)

+50
missmoriah
deeply_rooted_chick
FemmeFox
NubieNatty
tiffyd
p_nuttie43
SisterBoyd
TheRYL1
StephanieB
newcurlieque
Mz. Thang
curlyboricua
SimplyShainee
neethair
blondie
KeishaMac
TerraD
Pinkrage
bholmes87
mrsmackey
CocaColaCutie
A85
MahoganyCurls
KinkyNappyHappy
Kurlikinkiklassic
adiaha
MsJay1121
Miss CurlyT
BlondeByDesire
Courtney
Serenity23
SheeTacular
krenea
traveljunkie08
Juices-n-Berries
curlmixtress
sweetdrk1
tiashaunteƩ
dajewel
Freestyles
curly+kinky+fierce
Lynnieluve
Kea::curls
HumanNature
Blackbeauty
AfrikanLatina
ChrsLvsBks
Winnielours
Corygentri
Intelligentbeauty
54 posters

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

IntelligentBeauty;-) - Page 19 Empty Re: IntelligentBeauty;-)

Post by Intelligentbeauty 28th January 2010, 7:53 am

"But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were sinners, Christ died for us." Romans 5:8

G-od's
R-iches
A-t
C-hrist's
E-xpense

Happy Thursday Dolls:

So I have pics of my hair today that I will post later. I unraveled my hair with castor/EVOO mix on my fingertips. Then I separated the curls and used an ouchless headband to make a curly puff. I will henna tonight because I am going out on Friday night (spa night). I have already mixed it and will apply tonight.

I did not get to go to the gym yesterday because my truck was in the shop. However I did get a workout by speed walking and pushing a double stroller with my sons within to go pick up the truck from the shop. That took 30 mins. Go me!! IntelligentBeauty;-) - Page 19 Icon_cheers I plan to go to spin class today around 5:30pm.

After I picked up my vehicle it was time to head over to the Indian store. I left my list home but I knew what I wanted. I spent $53 and got soooo much stuff. Here is what I got:
6 boxes of henna
3 boxes of amla
3 boxes of maka (it was 99 cents yall!!!)*
1 box of kalpi tone*
1 box of heenara*
3 boxes of shikakai
1 box of brahmi*
1 box of multani
1 box of tulsi*
1 box of aritha*
1 200ml bottle of mahabhringaraj oil*
1 400ml of refined castor oil
1 200ml of sweet almond oil
1 liter of EVOO
1 600ml of rose water

Now the products I have starred, I have never used before. And I won't use until after the castor oil challenge is over. However, I would like to get some mixing ideas so if you have used any of these please post here. Tell me what you mixed it with, how you used it, how often you used it, and any precautions I should take. I will greatly appreciate that and thank you in advance.

Have a Terrific Thursday dolls!!!! IntelligentBeauty;-) - Page 19 Icon_flower
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 28th January 2010, 9:06 am

WOW IB!

Looks like you a great deal! Not requesting you write a book, but what do you use all of the boxes of product for. I will research your items, because I'm just plain ole curious.

Can wait to see your pictures, and glad you got some form of exercise in yesterday.

You have a Tremendous Thursday yourself!!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 28th January 2010, 10:28 am

Wow, you stocked up. I don't know what half of that stuff is you named.

Happy Thursday.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 28th January 2010, 11:54 am

Good morning KNH and BBD IntelligentBeauty;-) - Page 19 Icon_biggrin

I use the henna for color, the amla and shikakai for strength and conditioning. I also use the amla along with multani and rose water for my facials.

The rest I have read so many naturalistas blogging about it. So I want to research some more and give it a try. Everything is so inexpensive.
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 28th January 2010, 12:01 pm

Here are my pics for today:IntelligentBeauty;-) - Page 19 Keisha15IntelligentBeauty;-) - Page 19 Keisha16

IntelligentBeauty;-) - Page 19 Keisha17
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 28th January 2010, 12:42 pm

You raked up at the Indian store!! I bet they told you to, "Come Again" LOL!!

You hair looks so healthy!!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by adiaha 28th January 2010, 3:18 pm

Your hair looks good today...I need to find my local indian store so I dont have to order my henna and such!!!
adiaha
adiaha

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 28th January 2010, 5:39 pm

Lynnieluve wrote:You raked up at the Indian store!! I bet they told you to, "Come Again" LOL!!

You hair looks so healthy!!!

Lynn its funny because they were looking at me like " what in the world is she doing buying all those powders".....lol IntelligentBeauty;-) - Page 19 Icon_lol
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 28th January 2010, 5:40 pm

adiaha wrote:Your hair looks good today...I need to find my local indian store so I dont have to order my henna and such!!!

Thanks girlie IntelligentBeauty;-) - Page 19 Icon_smile
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 29th January 2010, 1:26 am

Wow, maka for .99, great deal! I am familiar with most of the powders. I would highly suggest not using aritha alone. I would use it with brahmi, amla, maka or kalpi tone.

Kalpi tone can darken hair if mixed then let to sit overnight.

I would suggest using all the powders with the exception of tulsi, aritha, shikakai alone to see how your hair reacts. Then once you know, you can mix them together.

You can also make an oil from the powders. I will find the site explaining the ratio. I think it is 4:6 (powder to oil). Many put the oil in a slow cooker and the powder in a tea bag and let it simmer for four hours. Others put the tea bag in a glass jar with the oil and store it in a dark place for a week or two.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 29th January 2010, 3:38 pm

Hey Chrs. What do you mix the powders with? I think I will stay away from oil infusions. That sounds like way too much work.

Good Afternoon cuties:

Last night I did a fabulous henna tx. OOOH it was so good. I mixed
200gms of Henna
ACV
EVOO
2 globs of Honey
I let my creamy mix sit overnight the night before then right before application, I added 1 egg. I also shampooed with diluted Revelon Detangling shampoo prior to application. I applied the henna like a perm and with gloves in my shower. Then I wrapped with saran wrap and put on 2 plastic caps and a towel wrap. I left on for 1 and half hours then for the last 1/2 hour I sat under the dryer at med heat (I havent used heat in a looong time). Total of 2 hours. I then rinsed out with gloves with water first for awhile, then added TJ Nourish Spa condish and used and rinsed section by section twice. Once finished I applied AO HSR condish for an overnight DC. I used 2 plastic caps again and a towel wrap and went to sleep.

This morning I went to my first Zumba class at the gym then went into the steam room for about 10 mins with my DC. Finally at home, I rinsed out the DC with cold water. I just want to stop and say that I had little to no shedding after the henna treatment and after the DC wash out my hair felt soooo soft and moisturized. I sprayed hair with my stong tea/oil mix, sectioned, applied castor/EVOO mix to my scalp (castor oil challenge), applied whipped shea/oil mix and twisted to hair and twisted for a twist and rod set style. My natural hair was so soft with very few tangles at my lines of demarcation. My twists are so juicy where my natural hair is....lol IntelligentBeauty;-) - Page 19 Icon_lol . I love it!!!

I plan to unravel tonight because we are leaving for the weekend. So I will post all pics on Monday:
Here is a henna pic and my roller set pic

IntelligentBeauty;-) - Page 19 Keisha18

IntelligentBeauty;-) - Page 19 Keisha19

HAVE A FAB WEEKEND LADIES!!!! IntelligentBeauty;-) - Page 19 Herz
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 29th January 2010, 3:43 pm

Wow, I can't wait to see the results. Henna looks like a lot of work. But results are very good. If I didn't have color I would try that also.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 29th January 2010, 3:59 pm

Your twist do look juicy!!! I know the twist and curl will be cute!!

Have a great weekend!!!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 29th January 2010, 4:22 pm

those are some nice, shiny, plump twists. can't wait for the reveal!
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 30th January 2010, 2:23 pm

Hello lady, I initially mixed my powders with water just to see the results. I am now adding oils and water. I have added conditioner a couple of times also. I have used EVOO, sesame and anoop oils as well as VO5 and Burt's Bees grapefruit (will not use BB again).
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 30th January 2010, 2:27 pm

Intelligentbeauty wrote:Hey Chrs. What do you mix the powders with? I think I will stay away from oil infusions. That sounds like way too much work.

Good Afternoon cuties:

200gms of Henna
ACV
EVOO
2 globs of Honey
I let my creamy mix sit overnight the night before then right before application, I added 1 egg. I also shampooed with diluted Revelon Detangling shampoo prior to application. I applied the henna like a perm and with gloves in my shower. Then I wrapped with saran wrap and put on 2 plastic caps and a towel wrap. I left on for 1 and half hours then for the last 1/2 hour I sat under the dryer at med heat (I havent used heat in a looong time). Total of 2 hours. I then rinsed out with gloves with water first for awhile, then added TJ Nourish Spa condish and used and rinsed section by section twice. Once finished I applied AO HSR condish for an overnight DC. I used 2 plastic caps again and a towel wrap and went to sleep.

This morning I went to my first Zumba class at the gym then went into the steam room for about 10 mins with my DC. Finally at home, I rinsed out the DC with cold water. I just want to stop and say that I had little to no shedding after the henna treatment and after the DC wash out my hair felt soooo soft and moisturized. I sprayed hair with my stong tea/oil mix, sectioned, applied castor/EVOO mix to my scalp (castor oil challenge), applied whipped shea/oil mix and twisted to hair and twisted for a twist and rod set style. My natural hair was so soft with very few tangles at my lines of demarcation. My twists are so juicy where my natural hair is....lol IntelligentBeauty;-) - Page 19 Icon_lol . I love it!!!

I plan to unravel tonight because we are leaving for the weekend. So I will post all pics on Monday:

What type of rollers are those?
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 30th January 2010, 9:38 pm

WOW, you had a shopping cart in the Indian store?? LOL! I am still not sure why I would use any of those thngs...and for that reason I stay away. Those twist look lovely. I can't wait for the results!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 1st February 2010, 10:56 am

Juices-n-Berries wrote:
Intelligentbeauty wrote:Hey Chrs. What do you mix the powders with? I think I will stay away from oil infusions. That sounds like way too much work.

Good Afternoon cuties:

200gms of Henna
ACV
EVOO
2 globs of Honey

What type of rollers are those?

They are rod rollers.
BTW, I am loving your new avatar. Now you look like you are owning that TWA. Work it girl IntelligentBeauty;-) - Page 19 Icon_rr
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 1st February 2010, 11:02 am

sweetdrk1 wrote:WOW, you had a shopping cart in the Indian store?? LOL! I am still not sure why I would use any of those thngs...and for that reason I stay away. Those twist look lovely. I can't wait for the results!

I also felt the same way at first, that there are no reason to use these indian products. But I found that because they are all natural and so effective that I really don't have to buy alot of other products to reach the same effect. Instead of buying a bottle of whatever at 40 dollars to strengthen and condition my hair. I could buy a box of amla for $1.56, make a paste and 45 mins later have the same result if not better results. The other powders, I am kind of experimenting with. I do not feel I really need them at this point. But I am a women that loves to mix. So we will see....... IntelligentBeauty;-) - Page 19 Icon_smile
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 1st February 2010, 11:12 am

So you see a distinct difference in your hair when you use Henna?
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 1st February 2010, 11:27 am

@BBD, I use henna for the color. I have gray strands and didn't want to go the artifical route. If I didn't have those gray strands, I would not have used Indian products during my transition. I would have waitied until after the BC. But yes, I do see a difference in using henna. I saw full coverage after about 2 applications and pronounced conditioning benefits after about the 6th application.

"Your kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and your dominion endures through all generations. The LORD is faithful to all his promises and loving toward all he has made."
Psalms 145:13

Good morning and happy February dolls:

I hope your weekend was as fun and insightful as mine. I was in NY for a youth leaders conference at CCC. AWESOME. IntelligentBeauty;-) - Page 19 Icon_cheers

Anyway, I kept my hair in twists for friday night and all day saturday with a hat on. It was just too cold. Then sunday I unraveled and was not happy. My relaxed ends are the absolute worst. IntelligentBeauty;-) - Page 19 Icon_mad My natural hair was soft, but a little dry looking. My relaxed ends were frizzy and didn't keep the curl of the rods I put in the night before. I was sooo mad. IntelligentBeauty;-) - Page 19 Icon_evil I salvaged it with a push up in the front with a clip and had to keep it moving. Here are the pics:

IntelligentBeauty;-) - Page 19 Keisha20

IntelligentBeauty;-) - Page 19 Keisha21

And sunday:

IntelligentBeauty;-) - Page 19 Keisha22

I have to go grocery shopping today, so I dont know what I am doing with my hair yet. I will probably just put a hat on my head until work tonight.

Later Chicas and make it a great one!!!!
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 1st February 2010, 12:35 pm

I'm sorry your style didnt turn out the way you wanted it. It looked so promising. I love the way your curls look with the hat on. You did a great job and making it work. I'm glad you enjoyed your weekend.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 2nd February 2010, 3:03 am

Thanks Lynn. I thought they would look nice too. But those relaxed ends are like suicide to my hairstyles lately. Nothing seems to come out right. Yesterday I wore that black hat all day. IntelligentBeauty;-) - Page 19 Icon_cry
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 2nd February 2010, 8:34 am

"For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also"
Luke 12:34

Happy Black History month:

Nothing going on at all in the hair depaertment. I am wearing a hat all day again. I will be oiling my scalp with the castor/EVOO mix as per the challenge. But as far as styling, I am through with that for now. I will wash on Thursday or Friday morning. My relaxed ends are rebelling big time and pissing me off. IntelligentBeauty;-) - Page 19 Icon_mad

So there you have it. Have a great day ladies!!!!
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 2nd February 2010, 10:16 am

Good Morning IB,

I feel you 100%. I replied to you in my BNB thread.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum