CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Whipped Shea butter , what's in yours ?

+9
naomimaxine927
curlytee
pie
Smooth Jazz Luvr
kim
1FlySista
misskris
BajanPrincess82
creolebeauty1
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Whipped Shea butter , what's in yours ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Whipped Shea butter , what's in yours ?

Post by creolebeauty1 8th December 2010, 4:23 pm

I seal with my shea butter before i use to whipp it i use to use it raw and add an oil
Anyways my process goes like this i wet my hair , detangle wet again that i saturate my hair with the shea butter i make sure i get my ends with it real good usually im braiding my hair when i do this but i use it as a sealer i think Shea butter and all those oils are sealants Water is my main moisturizer
creolebeauty1
creolebeauty1

Back to top Go down

Whipped Shea butter , what's in yours ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Whipped Shea butter , what's in yours ?

Post by Cupcake415 8th December 2010, 4:45 pm

Interesting post Very Happy

How do u go about making your own Shea- whip tho? confused
Cupcake415
Cupcake415

Back to top Go down

Post by creolebeauty1 8th December 2010, 5:05 pm

I don't know i was using just pure shea butter and it wouldn't really absorb in my hair so i watch a few youtube videos and i decided to give it a try 2 weeks ago i melted the shea butter in the microwave added jojoba , olive and coconut i think and i liked the results , so this week i decided to try a different mixture it's really not that hard i thought it was going to be so difficult not at all i just mix everything i would want in my hair as a moisturizer and see how it works Smile I have quite a lot of shea and oils so every 2 weeks im gonna try a new batch until i find one recipe i absolutely love Smile
creolebeauty1
creolebeauty1

Back to top Go down

Post by funkyhairchic 8th December 2010, 6:50 pm

My shea butter mix consists of castor oil, coconut oil, aloe vera gel, jojoba oil, honey, a little Vitamin e oil, sweet almond oil. A splash of lemongrass and I just whip all the ingredients for a creamy (cake frosting-like) consistency.
funkyhairchic
funkyhairchic

http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

Post by creolebeauty1 8th December 2010, 7:18 pm

@ funkyhairchic i like your hair how long have you been natural ?
creolebeauty1
creolebeauty1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2