CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Whipped Shea butter , what's in yours ?

+9
naomimaxine927
curlytee
pie
Smooth Jazz Luvr
kim
1FlySista
misskris
BajanPrincess82
creolebeauty1
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Whipped Shea butter , what's in yours ? Empty Whipped Shea butter , what's in yours ?

Post by creolebeauty1 6th December 2010, 6:12 pm

I made my first batch of whipped shea butter two weeks ago i only used jojoba oil and coconut oil , this week end i plan on making a new batch and i was thinking of using this products
Shea butter , jojoba oil , EVOO, Aloe vera gel and honey what do you put in your shea Butter do you think my mix will work ? give me some ideas please im new to the whip shea butter recipe game Smile
creolebeauty1
creolebeauty1

Back to top Go down

Whipped Shea butter , what's in yours ? Empty Re: Whipped Shea butter , what's in yours ?

Post by BajanPrincess82 6th December 2010, 7:01 pm

I usually just add coconut oil, but last night I added evoo as well.
BajanPrincess82
BajanPrincess82

Back to top Go down

Whipped Shea butter , what's in yours ? Empty Re: Whipped Shea butter , what's in yours ?

Post by misskris 6th December 2010, 7:06 pm

creolebeauty1 wrote:I made my first batch of whipped shea butter two weeks ago i only used jojoba oil and coconut oil , this week end i plan on making a new batch and i was thinking of using this products
Shea butter , jojoba oil , EVOO, Aloe vera gel and honey what do you put in your shea Butter do you think my mix will work ? give me some ideas please im new to the whip shea butter recipe game Smile

CreoleBeauty, I think your recipe sounds great!!! Please do try it and then report back with your results. Do you know how much of each ingredient you plan to use? I like that. The only thing I just thought if is with the honey you may have to rinse it out. I dunno, it may become sticky...?? I could be wrong. Maybe if only using a little it won't be an issue. Sounds good though. Very Happy
misskris
misskris

http://www.earthdust.com

Back to top Go down

Post by 1FlySista 6th December 2010, 7:10 pm

Hi CreoleBeauty, here is a link to the "Homemade Products" forum for a thread for Hair Butter recipes => https://curlynikki.forumotion.com/homemade-products-f24/hair-butters-t7702.htm
1FlySista
1FlySista

http://www.goddyssey.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kim 6th December 2010, 7:18 pm

shea, coconut oil, aloe vera gel, sage oil, and rosemary oil
kim
kim

http://msdumfries.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by creolebeauty1 6th December 2010, 7:27 pm

i will the last batch i used i added coconut oil in it and it made my ends hard because it's cold in ATLanta this days so that's why i'm a try another batch out plus im running out and that's my sealer ...
I didn't think the honey would work but i actually add honey to my hair insted of gel sometimes lol and it wasn't sticky my hair soak up anything but yeah i will try it i may add a few things or remove a few things and will deff share my results and recipe with you ladies @ 1flysista thanks for the link it gave me a few more ideas im headed to whole foods after i leave here and i'm a get some STUFF lol
creolebeauty1
creolebeauty1

Back to top Go down

Post by Smooth Jazz Luvr 6th December 2010, 10:39 pm

Shea butter & Argan Oil! Whipped until it looked like creamy frosting. My hair LOVES it -- and smells good too!!

Smooth Jazz Luvr

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 6th December 2010, 11:23 pm

Sounds good Creole!!

Speakin of Argan oil, I saw some in the Asian beauty supply store the other day....do y'all think that's the real stuff? I never even heard of the stuff until joining CN. Have any of you bought it from the beauty supply store or from a health food store???
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by creolebeauty1 7th December 2010, 3:02 am

LOL i saw it too but i figured it was fake because it was so cheap i have yet to use it i just finish making my whip butter it came out great and i tested it on my hair i love it i think i got a recipe lol
I used
3 tbs of shea butter , 2 tbs of avocado oil) , 2tbs of Evoo, 2 tbs of jojoba oil , 1tbs of honey and 2 tbs of aloe vera gel ...
it came out in a watery consistency but still buttery and oily im a test it on my hair in the am im satisfied with the look and feel of it though Smile
In the warmer months im a add vegetable glycerin and coconut oil to it
creolebeauty1
creolebeauty1

Back to top Go down

Post by pie 7th December 2010, 10:34 am

I make a shealoe mixture with shea butter, aloe vera gel and coconut oil. I use it on my hair and face..............
pie
pie

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 7th December 2010, 10:45 am

Sounds good Creole!! Smile
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by creolebeauty1 7th December 2010, 12:39 pm

YEP i think im a keep all the ingredients and add more shea butter next time cause its a bit runny i like it thicker besides that i liked the results when im done with the million oils i have i want to try the Argan oil and i also heard of morrocan oil those are on my xmas list lol
creolebeauty1
creolebeauty1

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 7th December 2010, 3:29 pm

Very Happy Cool. Yeah I may have to check out that Argan oil too but no time soon!!
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by curlytee 7th December 2010, 6:38 pm

Hello Ladies,
'
I use Shea, Coconut Oil, Olive Oil, Frankincense Oil (i think that's how to spell it)

and a drop of peppermint oil then mix with a electric mixer. The mixer makes the batch very creamy. I use this to seal and for my body
curlytee
curlytee

Back to top Go down

Post by creolebeauty1 7th December 2010, 6:51 pm

OMG thanks to you ladies i have so many new ideas now i want to try a new batch every 2 weeks until i master it lol
creolebeauty1
creolebeauty1

Back to top Go down

Post by Smooth Jazz Luvr 7th December 2010, 10:26 pm

Evenin' Ladies! Just an update: The Argan Oil I used, I purchased it from Sally's for $9.49 + tax (3.4 fl oz bottle). The bottle says: One'n Only Argan Oil - derived from Moroccan Argan Trees - Oil Treatment - Instant shine - Smoothness - Frizz Control - Color Protection - Alcohol Free

I can't read all the ingredients because the sticker is covering them. Don't you just hate that? It seems like that's where the stores are putting their label - right on top of the ingredients ---- (like I know what a 30-letter ingredient is - huh!)

Smooth Jazz Luvr

Back to top Go down

Post by creolebeauty1 7th December 2010, 11:43 pm

LOL @ smooth jazz lover i know the feeling and i hate that too , i had to leave some product behind because i couldn't see what's in it i saw 1 at the BSS store for about 6.99 thats why i thought maybe it was fake and of course the tag was on the ingredient list lol i think they know we are checking ingredients now lol
creolebeauty1
creolebeauty1

Back to top Go down

Post by naomimaxine927 8th December 2010, 12:13 am

I haven't made one, but I want to try making some shealoe.
naomimaxine927
naomimaxine927

http://beautifulkinks.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by creolebeauty1 8th December 2010, 1:51 am

Yes you should that aloe vera gel moisturized the heck out of my hair my hair actually had a shine lol
creolebeauty1
creolebeauty1

Back to top Go down

Post by naomimaxine927 8th December 2010, 2:13 am

Is it that good!? I can't use it until I get these braids out, but I still would like to get the ingredients to make it. I need to get some more shea though.
naomimaxine927
naomimaxine927

Back to top Go down

Post by creolebeauty1 8th December 2010, 3:04 am

yes it worked really good i was putting aloe vera gel in my leave in but now im gonna start deff adding a bit to my shea it's another staple for me Smile
creolebeauty1
creolebeauty1

Back to top Go down

Post by naomimaxine927 8th December 2010, 3:09 am

That sounds good, thanks for the tips!
naomimaxine927
naomimaxine927

Back to top Go down

Post by Curly Honey Bee 8th December 2010, 3:31 pm

where do you get your products from? I have most of the oils but for some reason i can't find shea butter and aloe vera gel.

Curly Honey Bee

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 8th December 2010, 4:16 pm

@ Curly Honey Bee
You can find shea butter in health food stores and some bss carry it. I haven't looked for any aloe vera gel so idk about that one.

Now I have a question. What exactly are you supposed to do with the shea butter mixture? Is it to moisturize? Is it a sealant? I want to make my own stuff but I am kinda hitting a wall...
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by creolebeauty1 8th December 2010, 4:20 pm

Hi Curly honey Bee , i got all my product all over the place lol
The batch of shea i used this time i purchased from sheaessentials, but i get my shea from Sheaessentials.com or Butters and bars ,
Avocado oil i purchased from Buttersandbars
jojoba oil i got from Sheaessentials
My EVOO i cook with and normally purchase from Trader joe's or Whole food i also got my organic honey from there than the ALoe vera gel i got from Whole food i got the lilly of the desert dietary supplement blue one
im currently looking for another aloe vera gel i can use for my edges though
that's about it Smile
creolebeauty1
creolebeauty1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next