CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help just made a batch of whipped shea butter with veggie glycerin

4 posters

Go down

Help just made a batch of whipped shea butter with veggie glycerin Empty Help just made a batch of whipped shea butter with veggie glycerin

Post by marquila2007 8th October 2010, 11:59 pm

I was told to avoid humectants in the colder months and wasnt thinking when I made a brand new batch of whipped shea butter which is 16 oz and has about 2 tbs of veggie glycerin in it. I want to use it however I dont want my hair to be dried out from the veggie glycerin in it. If anyone have suggestions please feel free to let me know. Do u ladies think I will be ok to use it until early Nov maybe mid Nov? Thanks ladies

marquila2007

Back to top Go down

Help just made a batch of whipped shea butter with veggie glycerin Empty Re: Help just made a batch of whipped shea butter with veggie glycerin

Post by FalconTress 9th October 2010, 12:28 am

I don't know where you are & how cold it gets but I don't think that the ratio of glycerin to shea butter is enough to cause a setback.

FalconTress

Back to top Go down

Help just made a batch of whipped shea butter with veggie glycerin Empty Re: Help just made a batch of whipped shea butter with veggie glycerin

Post by Rock'n Natural Curls 9th October 2010, 1:00 am

use it as a body butter instead. run
Rock'n Natural Curls
Rock'n Natural Curls

http://www.bridgitshairboutique.com

Back to top Go down

Post by simplysloan 13th October 2010, 6:45 pm

I use a Shea butter glycerin mix all year 'round. In winter and colder months (I live in Western MI where we get lake effect everything!) I use the mix only after either misting my hair or before entering the shower where the mist/ humidity can interact with the glycerine in my mix and i've never had a issue.
I think 2tbs to 16 oz of butter is pretty low, and you should be fine.
simplysloan
simplysloan

Back to top Go down

Post by marquila2007 19th October 2010, 10:23 pm

thx ladies

marquila2007

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down