CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nappy Head Hoes- Nicki Minaj

+10
Treece
j. kinky
chynadoll8799
QuirkyCurly
natalie24
Jazzyrin
rayray19
Ambitious_Tiff
FalconTress
deeply_rooted_chick
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Nappy Head Hoes- Nicki Minaj Empty Nappy Head Hoes- Nicki Minaj

Post by deeply_rooted_chick 4th December 2010, 1:35 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FYVZJF4iZQ&feature=recentlik

So I watched this video never before listened to this song by Nicki Minaj and honestly I'm not surprised. Nicki Minaj is the biggest self hater I have ever seen before from her plastic surgery, to her quick changes in music style when she hit main stream, to now this... I hate that so many girls are blindly following a "Black barbie" and she is saying stuff like this to them. How do you all feel?
deeply_rooted_chick
deeply_rooted_chick

Back to top Go down

Nappy Head Hoes- Nicki Minaj Empty Re: Nappy Head Hoes- Nicki Minaj

Post by FalconTress 4th December 2010, 1:46 pm

I'll take your word on the content. I don't give hits (which signal popularity to the business side of YouTube even if the content is something we find unappealing). By watching and posting the link(even for discussion purposes) viewers give her exactly what she is looking for: more exposure.

FalconTress

Back to top Go down

Post by deeply_rooted_chick 4th December 2010, 1:50 pm

FalconTress wrote:I'll take your word on the content. I don't give hits (which signal popularity to the business side of YouTube even if the content is something we find unappealing). By watching and posting the link(even for discussion purposes) viewers give her exactly what she is looking for: more exposure.

understandable but it's not Nicki's music video instead it's a natural's review of the song.
deeply_rooted_chick
deeply_rooted_chick

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 4th December 2010, 1:51 pm

I don't care for Nicki Minaj. I think its an ignorant song but the state of rap is pitiful. These people don't care what they say as long as people are buying it. I think the girl who made the YT video was on point with what she said. Nappy in itself is not an ugly word but anything can sould ugly when you attach the word Wh*re ot B1tch to it. Minaj gets no love from me and she will never see a dime from my pocket. Funny how she has so much to say now that she has stopped lookin like a man... Rolling Eyes

Power to all the nappy, curly, twisted, coiled, kinky, and TRUE TO SELF DIVAS OUT THERE! afro

Last edited by Ambitious_Tiff on 4th December 2010, 1:53 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fix color)
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by deeply_rooted_chick 4th December 2010, 1:54 pm

^^^ Tiff SERIOUSLY! She used to be like a butch lesbian (which now she denies ever liking women but that's not what her miz cd says). The thing is I didnt even think she looked ugly like that but she had to go and change her nose and I swear she looks lighter now. She is just a sold product of men really. Which kind of makes her a prostitute : /
deeply_rooted_chick
deeply_rooted_chick

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 4th December 2010, 2:04 pm

Yeah, there's a YT video out there where she was dissing Remy Ma for not calling her anymore. (She actually calls Remy who proceeded to hang up on her upon finding out who is calling, lol) I was stunned to see how different she looked upon coming out with Young Money!! Used to be? She might be a femme now but you don't stop being a lesbian over night so I have heard. I agree. She wants too badly to be as timeless and iconic as Barbie, but her nasty, disrespectful raps won't give her that kind of staying power. There are some that say the song is directed at Lil Kim but if you so bad just call her out by name and talk about something else. Ain' nothin wrong with a black woman's GOD GIVEN hair!
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by FalconTress 4th December 2010, 2:08 pm

deeply_rooted_chick wrote:
FalconTress wrote:I'll take your word on the content. I don't give hits (which signal popularity to the business side of YouTube even if the content is something we find unappealing). By watching and posting the link(even for discussion purposes) viewers give her exactly what she is looking for: more exposure.

understandable but it's not Nicki's music video instead it's a natural's review of the song.

Pardon the interruption :-)

FalconTress

Back to top Go down

Post by deeply_rooted_chick 4th December 2010, 2:18 pm

I'm not sure if it is another Lil Kim diss but I think it is just another song to make Nicki feel like she can boast about being "the best" and "the baddest" by putting others down. She goes about it the wrong way. Cool if your the best then why not talk about how your a better person or somethin instead her shallow a** is talkin about hair. Mhm ok Nicki. I'm so mad she took my name! UGHHHHH lol
deeply_rooted_chick
deeply_rooted_chick

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 4th December 2010, 2:21 pm

LOL @ FalconTress. How do you feel on the statement in general? Highlighted lines include "Nappy head h*es need a Permanator", "I'm gonna have to start throwing Just For Me Perms at you head", Nappy head h*es runnin' around", and samples from the Just for me jingle from some idiot in the background.
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 4th December 2010, 2:25 pm

Funny thing about it is this. She proves herself no better than anyone by proceeding to disrespect her own heritage and a female MC that you are very much a shadow of. Such a Ding Bat... I guess that's where "bestest" comes into play... Lol. Like I said before. I don't patronize her so its nothing.
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by rayray19 4th December 2010, 3:23 pm

and yall guess what..for someone to sit there a right a song about nappy hair then wear a Afro type wig to a performance really show how hypocritical they are..shame

mmhmm take a look miss nicki wearing a afro wig
http://mediatakeout.com/45155/wtf_nicki_minaj_tries_out_a_new_hairstyle____a_big_ole_jheri_curl____we_aint_sure_how_we_feel_about_that_ish.html
rayray19
rayray19

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 4th December 2010, 3:38 pm

She tryin so hard to figure out who she is. Crying or Very sad That child needs to do some serious soul searching. No
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by deeply_rooted_chick 4th December 2010, 4:40 pm

I saw her with a blonde one. And I agree with Tiff she is so caught up she doesnt even know
deeply_rooted_chick
deeply_rooted_chick

Back to top Go down

Post by Jazzyrin 4th December 2010, 4:43 pm

i was just about to post that jimmy kimmel performance smh...in other hip hop news...Did yall hear the lil kim diss track "black friday"??
Jazzyrin
Jazzyrin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 4th December 2010, 4:52 pm

I haven't don't listen to much rap for obvious reasons. Lol. Iono why they dissing each other, they seem just alike to me... Rolling Eyes
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by deeply_rooted_chick 4th December 2010, 4:59 pm

I have I am so glad Lil Kim is coming back the you see right thru me part was funny
deeply_rooted_chick
deeply_rooted_chick

Back to top Go down

Post by Jazzyrin 4th December 2010, 5:00 pm

True tiff im only 21 but when i was in jr high i got a hold of my older brothers lil kim hardcore album and i still listen to it till this day. sure its not a postive message to young girls but i dont feel that kim was marketing to little girls like minaj does calling all these misguided teens her "barbs" and signing their breasts. I was at a club once that minaj appeared at i was working the coat check and while she was performing she asked one of the audience members to come on stage she was this tiny little girl no older than 14 reciting minajs lyrics on the mic "i got that super soaking p***y poppin something or another..." it was appaling then she gave her her sunglasses as a gift. I guess as an image and not lyrically they are similar and u know its all for publicity anyways very sad
Jazzyrin
Jazzyrin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 4th December 2010, 5:21 pm

Wow. When I look at how low some of us have sunken it really hurts my heart. I literally want to cry when I think of what regal roots we have and then am slapped in the face by how we portray ourselves and allow other to portray us. We thrust our sexuality out front trying to play with the "big boys" and are often left disenfranchised, sad, and frustrated. I pray to God that should I ever have a little girl, the state of out people, specifically our women is better. 14 at a Nicki Minaj concert using language like that? Its VERY UNBECOMING of a grown woman, let alone a young child. Then you reward it? TRIFLING!! JUST DOWN RIGHT TRIFLING!
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by natalie24 4th December 2010, 7:58 pm

I heard the "Black Friday" diss tract from lil kim. She ended her real bad. "Im turnin pink friday to friday the 13th", whoa!!!! And yea, Kim was not promoting herself to little girls or teens for that matter, but nikki is on sum other ish. Fake a**, fake hair, fake personality. She really has sum self esteem issues that need to be worked out. I watched the youtube vid on facebook and I couldn't believe she was sayin this in her lyrics. Wait a mf min, u from Trinidad? and half ur fam has natural hair?, where does she get off calling someone a nappy headed hoe? smh. I'm glad I didn't cop that.

natalie24

Back to top Go down

Post by QuirkyCurly 4th December 2010, 8:03 pm

I hate her now because of this..i wasn't a fan in the beginning but i was going to give her a chance...Not anymore!

I better not hear nobody call me no nappy-headed hoe..imma be pissed off!!
QuirkyCurly
QuirkyCurly

Back to top Go down

Post by chynadoll8799 4th December 2010, 10:13 pm

cant stand her. Never could. Probably never will.
My sister told me she's actually married.
apparently she's fake too.....

chynadoll8799

Back to top Go down

Post by deeply_rooted_chick 4th December 2010, 10:14 pm

MARRIED?! lol why is that soooo funny to me?
deeply_rooted_chick
deeply_rooted_chick

Back to top Go down

Post by j. kinky 5th December 2010, 2:07 am

oh nicki...wft????? i actually like nicki minaj but why she had to go there Rolling Eyes
j. kinky
j. kinky

Back to top Go down

Post by Treece 5th December 2010, 1:37 pm

My whole problem with this would be the fact that little girls ARE listening to her think she's beautiful and she is their IDOL. Lindsay Lohan was the only idol I had and you can see how that would have got trashed. But that's not the point here lol.

Children are very influential, they stop following their parents and start following their peers and other adults. Very few kids can listen to music and not take seriously, or sing the lyrics and know what it means. But as the PARENT why would you send your 14 year old to a Nicki Minaj concert? I mean if you let your child listen to this music and s/he can't handle it and starts copying them, then something needs to change.

I just really don't care anymore what some celebrity has to say, they will do what makes bank and there will always be someone pissing you off. Cleveland almost collectively died when LeBron left. You can't let someone you do not know, and someone who does not care about you effect you that much.

EDIT:
I just listened to the song lol. Beat is hot though lol. And that's usually what gets me into music and so many other young people, but when you have people like Soulja Boy who makes lyrics like: Speakers going hammer, bammer bammer bammer. And talking real proper (because he does NOT speak proper), then you got to wonder...WTF??? scratch
Treece
Treece

Back to top Go down

Post by SwirlyCurls90 5th December 2010, 8:28 pm

Shaaame! Omg Why Nicki Why? Putting down her own. Black celebrities should be empowering us, not degrading us. Smh!!

SwirlyCurls90

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next