CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can you have nappy 3C hair?

3 posters

Go down

Can you have nappy 3C hair? Empty Can you have nappy 3C hair?

Post by krys419 28th September 2010, 10:48 pm

I call coarse hair nappy so don't attack me.

I have 4a hair and generally 4a, and 4b and 4c hair tends to be nappier. I just want to know if there is such a thing as nappy 3c hair. Would the "nappy" hair be the 3c that is frizzy like kelis when she had natural hair?

Most peopel I see with 3C have silky hair, but I guess it depends where your curly hair comes from. My family is mixed Indian so some of my cousins have silky 3C. In general is it that Biracial (white and black mixed people) have the frizzy 3c hair?

Hmm personally I think 3C frizzy hair looks best, but that is neitehr here nor there. Why is it usually silky 3C hair I see? And can there be silky 4a, 4B hair? I don't think so

krys419

Back to top Go down

Can you have nappy 3C hair? Empty Re: Can you have nappy 3C hair?

Post by ChrsLvsBks 29th September 2010, 11:51 am

Yes, if you consider nappy hair coarse hair, I do believe hair strands that are looser curls, think "S" shaped and the size of pencils or larger, can be thick/coarse (thicker than a frayed piece of thread). I believe 4 range hair is typically fine (can barely feel or see the hair when held up to light). Those whose hair is straight or wavy typically have coarse/thick hair strands. This is based on information I have read over the last year or so.

Frizzy hair is typically due to lack of moisture or lack of sealing in the moisture. I think all hair types can have frizzy hair. It's all about ensuring moisture and retaining it.

I'd love to read what others think.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by krys419 29th September 2010, 1:41 pm

ChrsLvsBks

Thanks very much for your words. Is your hair 3C? Yours is the silky type yes?

I guess I am asking if 3C hair can be very compact and thick down to the scalp, you know how some 4 types can break combs (I have experience! lol)

I am leaning towards no, just because the looser the curl I think doesn't really have that issue.

And believe you about the frizziness being because of moisture lack. Thanks again! And great hair

krys419

Back to top Go down

Post by BajanPrincess82 29th September 2010, 2:05 pm

I agree that the frizziness is due to lack of moisture and probably not finding the right products for your hair. My hair is a 3C/4A kind of mixture, an my hair isn't necessarily "silky", but it can appear that way b/c of the products I use.
BajanPrincess82
BajanPrincess82

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down