CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HELP!!! I'm getting kinky twists next week.

4 posters

Go down

HELP!!! I'm getting kinky twists next week.  Empty HELP!!! I'm getting kinky twists next week.

Post by popsbaby 3rd December 2010, 1:10 pm

I need to know what I have to do to prepare my hair for the twists. I know that I have to clarify and deep condition, but do I need to apply anything (i.e. leave in, moisturizer, oil) too? Also, can I take my own gel with me. I don't want that protein gel that they use normally. Lastly, I''m thing about a dark red/ burgundy color. Has anyone ever gotten braids this color, if so did you like it and can you post pics please? Thanks in advance.
popsbaby
popsbaby

Back to top Go down

HELP!!! I'm getting kinky twists next week.  Empty Re: HELP!!! I'm getting kinky twists next week.

Post by popsbaby 3rd December 2010, 3:09 pm

*bump*
popsbaby
popsbaby

Back to top Go down

HELP!!! I'm getting kinky twists next week.  Empty Re: HELP!!! I'm getting kinky twists next week.

Post by BajanPrincess82 3rd December 2010, 3:56 pm

Whenever I get kinky twists the only thing I do ahead of time is wash and deep condition. I'll add a leave-in conditioner (but nothing oily b/c I don't want my twists/braids to slip) and usually let my hair dry in large plaits so that its easier for them to get through w/out pulling and being rough.

I would suggest you bring your own products if you don't want to use yours. The last time I got my kinky twists done I just told them "no" whenever they tried to use some grease, gel, spray, etc... They probably won't go against your wishes.

I've never gotten red/burgundy; I usually stick with a mixture of brown/black/light brown. Here's a pic of my kinky twists from about 2 1/2 yrs ago. I loved them!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

BajanPrincess82
BajanPrincess82

Back to top Go down

Post by popsbaby 3rd December 2010, 4:10 pm

Thank you. One more question: did you take your own product with you? If so, what was it?
popsbaby
popsbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by BajanPrincess82 3rd December 2010, 4:23 pm

I didn't take any producst with me, I just told her not to use hers. She had (and wanted to use) Blue Magic, some type of gel, and hairspray. None of those products were necessary in my opinion and my hair turned out looking great! Another thing I do is re-curl them when I get home. They only like to curl the ends, but I like the whole thing to be curly.
BajanPrincess82
BajanPrincess82

Back to top Go down

Post by blackice82 3rd December 2010, 5:00 pm

I got my kinky twist last month and I just co-wash with a leave in and braid it up. Hope that helps
blackice82
blackice82

Back to top Go down

Post by FloridaSunshiny 3rd December 2010, 9:01 pm

I just got twists extensions a week ago. I wash, deep condish and use a shea butter leave-in condish and let it air dry. I didn't take my own products, but my stylist used shea butter to moisturize my hair as she put in the twists. To avoid slippage because she doesn't use gels or holding spray, she twists the roots before doing the actual twists.
FloridaSunshiny
FloridaSunshiny

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down