CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Its time for a blowout!!

5 posters

Go down

Its time for a blowout!! Empty Its time for a blowout!!

Post by rayray19 2nd December 2010, 3:54 am

ok, so i think i want to try a blow out!! and after the blow out i want to try to make a puff and then put twist it..I also think i will be able to trim my hair better once it blown out..so my question are

1) Can doing a blowout potential give me heat damage??
2.) What heat protectant do you use while doing a blow out??
3.) how often do you do a blow out (without causing damage)??
4.) is there a certain kind of blow dryer i should be using??
5.) and how do your prepare your hair for a blowout??

rayray19
rayray19

Back to top Go down

Its time for a blowout!! Empty Re: Its time for a blowout!!

Post by QueenCrystal 2nd December 2010, 7:19 am

I just wanted to say I like your hair!
QueenCrystal
QueenCrystal

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 2nd December 2010, 1:03 pm

Hey. If you make sure your hair is well moisturized before hand you should be okay. And seal your hair with oil. Plus, put the blowdryer on low.
Not sure if there are any specific blowdryers that are better but one with a comb attachment should be fine. That's what I use. My blow dryer is hella old and still works just fine.
I don't do them that often and don't flat iron often either. Usually just for special occasions. I suppose any heat protectant would work.
And yes, it will be a lot easier to trim your ends because you can see them all better. I sometimes flat iron my hair when I want to trim but usually just trim when my hair is in twists and just clip the little ends. I usually don't take any more than a 1/4 inch off.

Also what I do is section the hair into, i dunno maybe 6-8 sections and blow dry that way. That's how I flat iron too. After i have washed and all that and twisted, i do each little twist section. Easier that way for me.

Hope this helps!! Very Happy
misskris
misskris

http://www.earthdust.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rayray19 2nd December 2010, 11:27 pm

@queencrystal- thanks!!

@misskris- thanks..i saw on youtube alot of ladies twist their hair and let it air dry then blow dry their hair..so pretty much they do a blow out on dry hair..have you ever did it this way??
rayray19
rayray19

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 2nd December 2010, 11:42 pm

I did a blow out today (I need to post a pic on my CSJ).

1) I havent heard of anyone getting heat damage from using a blow dry, however I have heard of people having damage from blow drying too often.

2) I've blow dried my hair 4 times (including today) and I didnt use a heat protectant.

3) I'm not sure how often is too often and I dont plan to find out. LOL!!

4) I have a blow dryer with the comb attachment.

5) When I blow dry my hair, I make sure it is damp (90-95% dry). If it is completely dry, I mist it with water first, then with a wide tooth comb, detangle. This is what I did today...On medium heat, I ran the dryer through my hair about 4 or 5 times. Then I put it on high and ran it through 3 times (north, south and my ends). After I completed that section, I two strand twisted it, and moved to the next section.

My hair already had oils in it from wash day (I was heavy handed) so I didnt feel the need to add anything else.

I'm not sure what kind of oils you have but I remember NikkiMae2003 on Youtube using grapeseed oil as a heat protectant when she did a blow out because it said on the bottle "high heat" 475 degree (see below)