CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Serious issue with itchy scalp/dandruff.

+7
misskris
ElenaMaylee
EMarie
naturallynola
dajewel
LittleOne
ebonediva
11 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Serious issue with itchy scalp/dandruff. - Page 3 Empty Re: Serious issue with itchy scalp/dandruff.

Post by misskris 17th December 2010, 5:55 pm

Ok, I checked. I have both the Triple Treat Tea tree one and the Smooth as Silk and they both say they are clarifying. So I will use one of those this weekend. Thanks again.
misskris
misskris

http://www.earthdust.com

Back to top Go down

Serious issue with itchy scalp/dandruff. - Page 3 Empty Re: Serious issue with itchy scalp/dandruff.

Post by ebonediva 17th December 2010, 7:51 pm

misskris wrote:Hey Jo Somebody. witch hazel is cheap and you may be able to find a smal vile of tea tree somewhere like at GNC. I would wait 3 weeks if I didn't have to. But trust me I do understand about not spending if you don't have to.

@ Ebonediva... so your ACV wash...what did you do? Just straight up plain ACV or did u dilute it? This stuff on my scalp from henna'ing with lemon juice is awful. I mean that was 2 whole weeks ago and my scalp is STILL flaking. It's the worst!!! I need something quick fast. A friend is cornrowing my hair next week and I don't want my scalp to gross her out!!! LOL HELP!!!!! Or should I just get some head n shoulders and call it a day???

misskris: When I did the ACV wash; I used part water and a few drops of peppermint oil. I was scared the ACV would burn my scalp since I scratch often. affraid Try it - it has worked so far for me. And I promise you I think I walk around with a crater-cap like babies do! Laughing This dandruff is serious stuff!
ebonediva
ebonediva

http://God Said It, I Believe It, and That Settles It....AMEN

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 17th December 2010, 8:24 pm

LOL you mean cradle cap!!!! Thats what mine looks like!! And it's SO annoying!!! But I am kinda scared to put the ACV on there now. I dunno. UGH!!!!
misskris
misskris

http://www.earthdust.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sweet Tee 17th December 2010, 8:41 pm

I dun took-&-told y'all-
BSW!!!
It's da TROOOFF!!!!

LOL@ cradle cap!

Been RIGHT >>>>>>>THERE<<<<<<<
Sweet Tee
Sweet Tee

Back to top Go down

Post by ebonediva 17th December 2010, 11:11 pm

misskris wrote:LOL you mean cradle cap!!!! Thats what mine looks like!! And it's SO annoying!!! But I am kinda scared to put the ACV on there now. I dunno. UGH!!!!

Oops! Very Happy That's exactly what I mean. Try it!!
ebonediva
ebonediva

http://God Said It, I Believe It, and That Settles It....AMEN

Back to top Go down

Post by LittleOne 18th December 2010, 2:23 pm

misskris wrote:Ok, I checked. I have both the Triple Treat Tea tree one and the Smooth as Silk and they both say they are clarifying. So I will use one of those this weekend. Thanks again.

Good! You should be happy after that. Smile
LittleOne
LittleOne

Back to top Go down

Post by LittleOne 18th December 2010, 2:26 pm

ebonediva wrote:
misskris wrote:LOL you mean cradle cap!!!! Thats what mine looks like!! And it's SO annoying!!! But I am kinda scared to put the ACV on there now. I dunno. UGH!!!!

Oops! Very Happy That's exactly what I mean. Try it!!

Girl, if that ACV worked, more power to you! Do whatever you can to stop scratching or those flakes will come back something fierce. Gonna re-submit my suggestion for an anti-dandruff shampoo for anyone experiencing similar issues. Dr. Oz did a great segment about dandruff. I think one of the biggest take aways is that you have to try a few different shampoos if one doesn't work.

http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/dandruff
LittleOne
LittleOne

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 18th December 2010, 8:45 pm

Misskris, are you sure its dandruff? Anyway, a cheap possible solution is to make a paste with neem powder and brahmi powder. Just mix with enough water to form a pudding like consistency and apply to your scalp for about 15 or 20 minutes, then shampoo. I always prepoo with oil when using these powders to prevent dryness (never experienced dryness yet) These powders are cheap. $1.99 per box (100 gr./box). I say neem powder b/c the oil has such an obnoxious odor. Consider it, not much to lose. I didn't recommend infusing the powders in oil b/c this way should be more potent, in my opinion.

Good luck!

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by WavyQ 27th December 2010, 3:40 am

TheraNeem from Whole Foods has helped improve my scalp...

WavyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3