CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Suffering severe frontine hair loss- help please

4 posters

Go down

Suffering severe frontine hair loss- help please Empty Suffering severe frontine hair loss- help please

Post by 24roses 29th November 2010, 7:11 pm

Hi there
this is my very first post and I am hoping to get some advices.
I BC'ed Dec2009. I have had great growth- It has been difficult for me to find products here in Quebec, Canada, but I mostly use Giovanni cond, Herbal essence, shea butter and olive oil.
I single branded my hair as a protective styles and kept them for about a month without doing anything to it. N washing, no oiling, moisturing, nothing. Guess what? when I removed them, my hair in front fell off,litterally. I have really really tiny hair and some spots where I have no hair.
My hair is very fragile also I gave birth about 4 months ago. When I took off the breads, my hair was in a terrible shape. Dry, frizzy, shredding, even now I can put my hand in my hair and pull hair.
I am devastated.
Can you suggest some hair regimen I can use? I am going to Toronto in a few weeks so I plan on buying products there.
Anyone with a similar situation and I want to know if my front line will ever grow?
Thanks

24roses

Back to top Go down

Suffering severe frontine hair loss- help please Empty Re: Suffering severe frontine hair loss- help please

Post by FalconTress 29th November 2010, 9:53 pm

I am sorry to hear about your problem.
Here's a link to a post with advice for new moms. I suggest that you consult your doctor. Make sure you put a silk scarf between your hair and any hats or hoods you are wearing.

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/general-f3/message-to-new-and-old-moms-regarding-your-postpartum-hair-t7904.htm?highlight=postpartum

FalconTress

Back to top Go down

Suffering severe frontine hair loss- help please Empty Re: Suffering severe frontine hair loss- help please

Post by BajanPrincess82 30th November 2010, 2:00 pm

I'm so sorry to hear about your hair loss. I use regular castor oil on my edges and it has helped them to fill in a lot. I heard that Jamaican Black Castor Oil is even better, so if you can find that try it. I hope you find a solution!
BajanPrincess82
BajanPrincess82

Back to top Go down

Post by 24roses 1st December 2010, 5:21 pm

thanks- it really helped

24roses

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 1st December 2010, 10:35 pm

I know this is an emotionally trying time, but pursue the great advice the ladies gave above, and also include scalp massages, rosemary, lavender, and ensuring your diet is complete with Vit A, C, protein, zinc, selenium,Omega Fatty Acids 3,6, and 9, and B Vitamins. Also, try and minimize stress (anything rubbing on the area with sparse hair. No tight headband. Try to change your styling and where you part your hair to give the hair a break.

Actually, you may consider getting a Hair, Skin, and Nails or just "Hair" vitamin.

When you go to Toronto, try Honey Fig. Its on Yonge. You will be able to find a good number of the products you read about on this forum.

I really hope some of the suggestions on this thread will be useful and bring you success. Blessings.

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down