CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Im suffering from dry hair syndrome

+4
Curlock Holmes
Ms.Mai
Lynnieluve
CiaE
8 posters

Go down

Im suffering from dry hair syndrome Empty Im suffering from dry hair syndrome

Post by CiaE 6th October 2010, 9:43 am

Hey guys im 4 months post BC and im not sure what to do. I DC at least once a week and co wash with Hello Hydraion 2-3 times a week. Now i first i thought I was only having dry hair because they say that happens after your BC, but it has been 4 months now and its getting worse.
Even my twistouts are frizzy... I am not sure what to do
BTW i deep condition with organics cholesterol tea tree oil.... any advice??
Is it my moisturizer? I have treied she moisture and giovani leave in , and kimmaytube's leave in
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
CiaE
CiaE

http://napskinkslove.onsugar.com

Back to top Go down

Im suffering from dry hair syndrome Empty Re: Im suffering from dry hair syndrome

Post by Lynnieluve 6th October 2010, 10:05 am

When you moisturize your hair I would suggest apply your products in this order....leave in conditioner (water based product), oil (oil based product), and moisturizing product (creamy product)

I used the Kimmaytube leave in (water based), coconut oil (oil based) and my shea butter mix (creamy product) when moisturizing my hair.

Also you may need to check the ingredients of your products. They could be drying your hair out.

How often do you shampoo?
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Im suffering from dry hair syndrome Empty Re: Im suffering from dry hair syndrome

Post by CiaE 6th October 2010, 12:03 pm

I only shampoo when i feel my hair is dirty... so that would probably be twice a month or 3 times a month...
Wait so i cant just have a leavin conditioner then oil? Because i always do the giovanni leave in and then the oil and thats it... or i would do the shea moisture than the oil...
I always thought you had to use either or because of oil buildup... maybe this is my problem lol
CiaE
CiaE

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Mai 6th October 2010, 12:19 pm

Wow, I thought it was ok to just use a water base products and then a oil based and thats it.

So what are some other creamy products other than shea butter, or what you can mix in the kitchen, I suck at making things.
Ms.Mai
Ms.Mai

Back to top Go down

Post by Curlock Holmes 6th October 2010, 12:21 pm

maybe your hair doesn't like cones, or you have silicone buildup. Cones can lock moisture out of the hair, so you may need to shampoo more often to remove them from your hair.
Curlock Holmes
Curlock Holmes

Back to top Go down

Post by CiaE 6th October 2010, 12:33 pm

CurlyDee wrote:maybe your hair doesn't like cones, or you have silicone buildup. Cones can lock moisture out of the hair, so you may need to shampoo more often to remove them from your hair.
I am i try to refrain from the cones so basically all i have that is cone filled is the HH that i CW with. But i just did an ACV rinse thinking it was build up and my hair has actually gotten dryer... go figure lol i may try some whipped sheabutter but i dont want to purchase it i feel as if i can make that my self

At this point i have no idea what to do.. I am also thinking about a benetonine (sp?) mask
CiaE
CiaE

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 6th October 2010, 3:37 pm

What did you condition with after the acv rinse? I would try a conefree condish for a while to see if that helps. Misting my hair with a water, leave-in, oil combo seems to help a lot.
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by CiaE 6th October 2010, 3:39 pm

freckledmom4 wrote:What did you condition with after the acv rinse? I would try a conefree condish for a while to see if that helps. Misting my hair with a water, leave-in, oil combo seems to help a lot.
I did a regular deep conditioner right after my wash right into the next morning. But I will try a cone free conditioner... do you guys have any good suggestions on that?
CiaE
CiaE

Back to top Go down

Post by Deva_87 6th October 2010, 3:45 pm

maybe you should try tresseme naturals conditioner, its cone free. it is definintely moisturizxing for me. in fact my wash and go's are more defined then they are with any other conditioner.
Deva_87
Deva_87

http://members.fotki.com/Deva87/about/

Back to top Go down

Post by CiaE 6th October 2010, 3:49 pm

Deva_87 wrote:maybe you should try tresseme naturals conditioner, its cone free. it is definintely moisturizxing for me. in fact my wash and go's are more defined then they are with any other conditioner.
Hmm im going with the cheap so i mean if that makes my pockets happy i will definitely give it a go right now.. its the life of a college student... whats the price like?
CiaE
CiaE

Back to top Go down

Post by pie 6th October 2010, 5:43 pm

Suave Naturals Tropical Coconut is also cone free and natural. It's only about $2. Trader Joes Nourish Spa is like $3 (i think) and natural. They both work pretty well........... Smile
pie
pie

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 6th October 2010, 6:19 pm

CiaE wrote:I only shampoo when i feel my hair is dirty... so that would probably be twice a month or 3 times a month...
Wait so i cant just have a leavin conditioner then oil? Because i always do the giovanni leave in and then the oil and thats it... or i would do the shea moisture than the oil...
I always thought you had to use either or because of oil buildup... maybe this is my problem lol

When you have a TWA, a leave in conditioner and oil is fine. I use the shea butter mixture to two strand twist my hair. I looked up the ingredients of your deep conditioner and I saw it has proteins in it. You need to alternate between a moisturizing deep conditioner and a protein deep conditioner.

Check out this article.

Also, how long do you leave your twist in your hair before you do a twist out? When your hair is short, you have to leave them in a few days (2-3 days) to get a defined twist out.

Ms.Mai wrote:Wow, I thought it was ok to just use a water base products and then a oil based and thats it.

So what are some other creamy products other than shea butter, or what you can mix in the kitchen, I suck at making things.

If that is what you've been using and are not having any problems with dryness then don't change it. That's all I used when I had a TWA but when I wore two strand twist, I would add a creamy product.

CiaE wrote:
Deva_87 wrote:maybe you should try tresseme naturals conditioner, its cone free. it is definintely moisturizxing for me. in fact my wash and go's are more defined then they are with any other conditioner.
Hmm im going with the cheap so i mean if that makes my pockets happy i will definitely give it a go right now.. its the life of a college student... whats the price like?

Tresemme Conditioner is about $4 but for a 25oz bottle.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 6th October 2010, 11:14 pm

I really like Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle and it's only $4.
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by CiaE 7th October 2010, 12:34 am

Lynnieluve wrote:
CiaE wrote:I only shampoo when i feel my hair is dirty... so that would probably be twice a month or 3 times a month...

When you have a TWA, a leave in conditioner and oil is fine. I use the shea butter mixture to two strand twist my hair. I looked up the ingredients of your deep conditioner and I saw it has proteins in it. You need to alternate between a moisturizing deep conditioner and a protein deep conditioner.

Check out this article.

Also, how long do you leave your twist in your hair before you do a twist out? When your hair is short, you have to leave them in a few days (2-3 days) to get a defined twist out.

Ok that makes sense.. well i have to say that i just bought suave naturals conditioner and cowashed it, then just used giovanii direct, my oils, and shea moisture right after and spritzed with aloe juice... my hair feels great but its not completley dried... at this rate it doesnt seem like its getting rough but ill see..

I always leave my twist for two nights and its always frizzy and undefined... no bueno
CiaE
CiaE

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 7th October 2010, 1:07 am

What do you use to twist your hair?
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by CiaE 7th October 2010, 10:18 am

I use the kimmaytube leave in or sometimes i just use a moisturizer
CiaE
CiaE

Back to top Go down

Post by Deva_87 8th October 2010, 3:17 pm

CiaE wrote:

its like 3 and some change at walmart and about 4 dollars at target. Drug stores have it at about the same price as target. And the bottle is pretty large. even co washing everyday this summer it still lasted me about 2 months.
Deva_87
Deva_87

http://members.fotki.com/Deva87/about/

Back to top Go down

Post by Nali1987 8th October 2010, 4:40 pm

Hi. Another broke college student here lol. Just bc'ed I think 4 months ago and suffered from dry hair as well. I basically stopped shampooing. And just co-washed. After washing, I use Yes-to-cucumbers leave in, mixed chicks leave in and twist using a lil gel. Adieu dryness.
Nali1987
Nali1987

Back to top Go down

Post by CiaE 8th October 2010, 4:42 pm

Nali1987 wrote:Hi. Another broke college student here lol. Just bc'ed I think 4 months ago and suffered from dry hair as well. I basically stopped shampooing. And just co-washed. After washing, I use Yes-to-cucumbers leave in, mixed chicks leave in and twist using a lil gel. Adieu dryness.
Does the yes to cucumbers complement the mix chicks? or do you just use them together because you feel like it?
CiaE
CiaE

Back to top Go down

Post by Nali1987 8th October 2010, 5:12 pm

CiaE wrote:
Nali1987 wrote:Hi. Another broke college student here lol. Just bc'ed I think 4 months ago and suffered from dry hair as well. I basically stopped shampooing. And just co-washed. After washing, I use Yes-to-cucumbers leave in, mixed chicks leave in and twist using a lil gel. Adieu dryness.
Does the yes to cucumbers complement the mix chicks? or do you just use them together because you feel like it?

I have 4a hair with lots of coils everywhere but where it matters most: on top. So after bc'ing I had super short hair that I couldn't twist yet so I needed a conditioner that moisturized AND made my curls pop. Haven't found one yet. But yes to cucumber is a good leave in for me. It leaves my hair soft but without curls. Mixed chicks give me defined curls. But the gel is important as well since it helps keep the moisture locked in. I use a gel with aloe vera in it and that has no buildup, no drying and isn't sticky. Lol It actually says that on the bottle. Smile

Nali1987
Nali1987

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down