CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to wear twists that are not "scalpy"

+2
Emartini04
mokacoffey
6 posters

Go down

How to wear twists that are not "scalpy" Empty How to wear twists that are not "scalpy"

Post by mokacoffey 27th November 2010, 8:46 pm

Hey ladies!
I see so many of you talking about & wearing twists as your low manipulative style & then up as a protective style. Looks awesome. I do twists at night normally, put them on perm rods half way up and take down in morning for my twist n curl. Its working out fine. But.. I would like to just wear the twist like so many do. My problem is it just looks bad cause my scalp is peeking out like a 12 year old! Not cool to me at work or in public Embarassed How do I get better looking twists? I normally do about 25 twists on my head. They are not too fat either. Should I be making smaller ones or larger ones? I dont part with a comb. I just grab and go. I wanna have awesome twists too. Please share!

mokacoffey

Back to top Go down

How to wear twists that are not "scalpy" Empty Re: How to wear twists that are not "scalpy"

Post by Emartini04 27th November 2010, 8:53 pm

Yes. You may want to part the sections of your hair that you'll be twisting so you can have a neater look to your style. I usually part my hair in 4 big sections, clipping the sections I am not twisting with a bobby pin then neatly part the section I'm working on and twist.
Emartini04
Emartini04

Back to top Go down

How to wear twists that are not "scalpy" Empty Re: How to wear twists that are not "scalpy"

Post by mokacoffey 27th November 2010, 8:57 pm

Emartini04- do you use a mirror to section off the back & sides. Oh, Lawd! this is what I was fearing. Parting neatly? I knew I should have paid attn to my mom when she covered this! I can barely part straight down the middle. Laughing
I guess I want it bad enough to practice Very Happy

mokacoffey

Back to top Go down

Post by Emartini04 27th November 2010, 9:01 pm

I just use my fingers to measure the amount of hair I'm twisting and when I'm working on one section I grab hair in hand - run rattle part of the comb across my scalp and pin back that remain of the section. Now the front part of my head I do use the bathroom mirror now that I'm thinking about it, but the back and middle I don't.

Trust me its not hard to do.
Emartini04
Emartini04

Back to top Go down

Post by mokacoffey 27th November 2010, 9:06 pm

Oh, alright. I'll give the actual parting a try and see what happens!

mokacoffey

Back to top Go down

Post by AfricanaCurly 27th November 2010, 9:08 pm

@mokacoffey - when you twist one row, for the next row, twist the hair so it falls in between the twists from the previous rows, this will help fill in some of the spaces and not give you too much of a scalpy look. Also try not make them small (not sure the length of you hair).

AfricanaCurly

Back to top Go down

Post by mokacoffey 27th November 2010, 9:29 pm

@AfricanaCurly- Thats a good idea. Pretty logical I guess. My hair is just a little past shoulders.

mokacoffey

Back to top Go down

Post by Jazzyrin 28th November 2010, 12:47 am

i would say make them larger
Jazzyrin
Jazzyrin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 28th November 2010, 1:04 am

Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by mokacoffey 28th November 2010, 1:18 am

Lynnieluve-thanks for that link! That helped to think of as brick method. How long does it take you to do your twists?

mokacoffey

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 28th November 2010, 1:23 am

mokacoffey wrote:Lynnieluve-thanks for that link! That helped to think of as brick method. How long does it take you to do your twists?

The longer my hair gets, the longer it takes.

mini twist - 5-6 hrs

small/medium twist - 2- 2 1/2 hrs

medium/large twist - 1- 1/2 hrs

chunky twist - 30-40 mins
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by mokacoffey 28th November 2010, 1:40 am

Omg! That long!! Good Moses! Shocked I think the dry twist will help too. Those pic from the link are uh- mayzing!

mokacoffey

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybug 28th November 2010, 1:06 pm

This was a great post. I am also having problems with my scalp showing.

Lynnieluve,
This link was extremely helpful.

ladybug
ladybug

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down