CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Natural hair is the topic of many ongoing conversations -

+3
Curlock Holmes
Sweet Tee
naturallynola
7 posters

Go down

Natural hair is the topic of  many ongoing conversations -   Empty Natural hair is the topic of many ongoing conversations -

Post by naturallynola 17th November 2010, 8:59 pm

Some of the comments are interesting. You may even see people you recognize.

http://thefreshxpress.com/2010/10/natural-is-the-new-light-skinned/

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Natural hair is the topic of  many ongoing conversations -   Empty Re: Natural hair is the topic of many ongoing conversations -

Post by Sweet Tee 17th November 2010, 9:36 pm

Why does t have to be analyzed?

It is what it is-
A CHOICE!

Accept it and move on.

There is life to be lived...
Sweet Tee
Sweet Tee

Back to top Go down

Natural hair is the topic of  many ongoing conversations -   Empty Re: Natural hair is the topic of many ongoing conversations -

Post by Curlock Holmes 17th November 2010, 9:53 pm

whoever wrote this article has an abundance of ignorant and seemingly bitter/jealous people feeding him his quotes. Every comment out of his "veteran" natural friends was basically spewing hate towards women who are going natural for not going natural when they did... or getting "upset" that now it's easier/more accepted for women to go natural now because the media has finally started sending the message that natural hair is beautiful too. What kind of logic is this? That's like a person growing up in the time of racial segregation running around being bitter that now black kids and white kids can go to school with each other and not be harassed. Ridiculous!

Also, whoever supplied this quote obviously doesn't know what 'bald' is: ' One dude on Twitter said that natural women are just “chicks who are bald and don’t have no hair.”' .. how does THAT work, exactly? Not having a relaxer means we don't have hair anymore? What am I doing being a product junkie with no hair on my head then?

Last edited by Curlock Holmes on 17th November 2010, 9:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Curlock Holmes
Curlock Holmes

Back to top Go down

Post by fanmnatirel 17th November 2010, 9:54 pm

I was offended by the article when i read it on Facebook about a month ago...
AND I DO NOT GET OFFENDED EASILY...LOL...
SO IGNORANT!

People just need to move on....
fanmnatirel
fanmnatirel

Back to top Go down

Post by Treece 17th November 2010, 10:05 pm

I joined natural hair forums during my second transition and got help to make it through, so the only thing I can give credit to these "seasoned" naturals is that they didn't have help. I feel like some naturals are taking this as some type of attack on their being, and I've said it before, if it's just a trend, all the women not interested will be right back to their relaxers. All trends die out. Going natural is a lifestyle change.

This is just really funny that somehow being natural longer makes you "better", and there's the irony, as in the article someone thinks that Naturals think they're better, but some of the "older" naturals think they're better than the /new/ naturals! If that's not Irony...then I need to return to English class. And in reference to the lady in that link women are STILL asked why did you do it? I don't see anyone making a big deal out of doing the BC except for the women here where they're supposed/allowed to!

You can't win anywhere. Your hair's too dry, too short, too kinky, your not REALLY natural, I've done it before it was cool, you won't make it, blahblahblah Mad It's absolutely ridiculous to me.

*Steps off Pedestal* I'm cool...A lot of things can irk me, but I will have to accept that a lot of things won't change that I wish would...
Treece
Treece

Back to top Go down

Post by QuirkyCurly 17th November 2010, 11:02 pm

Oh this article made me mad!!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

How are you going to say natural is the new light skin?? He said some of the most ignorant statements I've never heard. He is obviously very ignorant to natural hair. Why does it have to be a trend? It amazes me how BLACK men with the SAME hair as us have a problem with us wearing it out.How come black people can't come together as one and stand by each other? But I guess it has to do with the decades of conditioning...sigh

At the end of the day, its just HAIR!
QuirkyCurly
QuirkyCurly

Back to top Go down

Post by rayray19 18th November 2010, 1:31 am

that article is full of sugar honey ice tea!!! natural is the new light skin?? really??? its not that serious..its a choice we make!!..we aren't trying to be better then anybody

I think some people just have too much time on their hands if they got time to sit down and analyze stuff like that...
rayray19
rayray19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down