CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OFF TOPIC: A Different Kind of Natural Hair

+31
jellybeanOH
Umph
Sweet Tee
dajewel
WalkingInDestiny
Jezebel
CrAvInG_CuRlZ:)
ajsimmons8
Jo Somebody
freckledmom4
luvinlife225
fuzzypuff
krys419
infamous doll
CarlaAR
tiashaunteé
CherryWill_1
JessiWantsCurls
Ladybird
BekkaPoo
BajanPrincess82
NeeC1
Sunshyne
ChardaeD
KamsMa82
meepmeep1101
sydnisd183
Fleur
MissyCee
Lynnieluve
yldthng
35 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

OFF TOPIC: A Different Kind of Natural Hair Empty OFF TOPIC: A Different Kind of Natural Hair

Post by yldthng 9th March 2011, 9:50 pm

So, I'ma little irritated tonight. Irritated at my idiot husband for clogging the drain by putting a whole buncha dang pasta down the garbage disposal. And going to work. And leaving it for me! On top of that, that monthly chick showed up today, and she's making her presence known.

But anyway - because I'm irritated - I need to vent about something. Since it's "kinda" about natural hair, I'ma vent to y'all.

OK, what the heck is up with this right here?
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I certainly wish that the hairs on my head grew as fast as these two damn hairs on my chin. Yes, you heard me. My chin. Those hairs are from my chin. Left side. Showed up right around 40. Every single woman I know over 40 has them. That means if you don't yet have them - you will. So you can stop laughing at me, 'cause one day this will be you.

They are some honery little suckers too. They grow FAST. One day they're not there - the next day they're this long. I just pulled those suckers I know it ain't been 3 weeks ago. And here they are again. And mind you, I haven't seen them since then. Then just now, I'm feeling my chin, and there they are. I put on makeup every morning. But I never see them then. I don't see/feel them when I'm washing or putting moisturizer on my face either. Just outta the blue, they'll be there. It's like they sprout out all at once. Seriously. I know some of y'all know exactly what I mean too.

Anyway - this is some natural hair I could really do without.

yldthng
yldthng

Back to top Go down

OFF TOPIC: A Different Kind of Natural Hair Empty Re: OFF TOPIC: A Different Kind of Natural Hair

Post by Lynnieluve 9th March 2011, 9:55 pm

lol! I'm not 40 and hairs have started to show up on my chin too. They showed up after I can my son. As I was reading this post, I was feeling my chin to make sure they hadn't showed up without notice.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

OFF TOPIC: A Different Kind of Natural Hair Empty Re: OFF TOPIC: A Different Kind of Natural Hair

Post by MissyCee 9th March 2011, 10:05 pm

I was actually fidgeting with one when I opened this post...... Laughing Anyway, I would love to know how to get rid of them. Electrolosis is too much for the four or five i have, bleaching ain't happening. I just pluck and watch for them to come back..... and they can leave some really ugly scars.....
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Post by Fleur 9th March 2011, 10:12 pm

Ugh! I feel you about the chin hair. I've had those little blankety-blanks growing from my chin for a few years now. When I see one I just wax it, remove it, and go. When it grows back, it shows up with an army. lol!

Last edited by Fleur on 10th March 2011, 12:35 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Grammar)
Fleur
Fleur

Back to top Go down

Post by sydnisd183 10th March 2011, 12:01 am

(of course I had to feel to see if i had any)

ah well....i'm only talking to people that are taller than me from now on (so they can't see under my chin)

Rolling Eyes
sydnisd183
sydnisd183

Back to top Go down

Post by meepmeep1101 10th March 2011, 12:15 am

I been growing hair on my chin since I was abt 14 or so. I blame my father for the extra testosterone. Sad
meepmeep1101
meepmeep1101

Back to top Go down

Post by yldthng 10th March 2011, 1:06 am

Ha! Nice to see I'm not alone here either.
yldthng
yldthng

Back to top Go down

Post by KamsMa82 10th March 2011, 1:09 am

Lol. I don't think it has anything to do with age. I saw my first one about two years ago at 26. I have two that visit me regularly. Funny that you posted this because I just felt the beginnings of one today...

KamsMa82

Back to top Go down

Post by ChardaeD 10th March 2011, 1:28 am

This is scarring me...because I come from a long line of hairy women on my dad's side of the family. Just something to (not) look forward to.
ChardaeD
ChardaeD

http://girlnotondeadline.blgospot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MissyCee 10th March 2011, 1:33 am

It's not scary, just life. You remove them and press on.

Yldthng, I was gonna say like Michael would say, You Are Not Alone......I am here with you........ Very Happy
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunshyne 10th March 2011, 1:58 am

I guess it happens to the best of us!

Congrats on your 22 days MissyCee! Keep it up! You can do it!
Sunshyne
Sunshyne

Back to top Go down

Post by NeeC1 10th March 2011, 11:06 am

Wow ladies ... I haven't experienced hairs on my chiny, chin chin (yet), but I've noticed a difference in my sideburns!! affraid I have a "peach fuzz" situation going on ... confused Now, I've always had sideburns, but they seem to be a bit longer nowadays ... Like, they're migrating towards my jawbone. Thank goodness the hairs are fine (but I can see them!!!). I'm torn between waxing them and just leaving them alone. I won't go near them with a razor, 'cause all I need are some razor bumps. That wouldn't be very cute, plus, I don't have any hair to hide behind anymore. So, in my own little way ... I feel your pain.

~NeeC1
NeeC1
NeeC1

Back to top Go down

Post by BajanPrincess82 10th March 2011, 11:47 am

I have two hairs just like that! One is in my left sideburn area, and the other is on the left side of my chin. They grow extremely fast! I don't like pain, so I don't pluck them, but I do cut them. They disappear for a week or so and then before I know it, they are back full-length!
BajanPrincess82
BajanPrincess82

Back to top Go down

Post by BekkaPoo 10th March 2011, 1:43 pm

Ugh.. I get these too. I got them from being on birth control years ago. I've been off birth control for a decade or more, but the hairs are still there, and instead of just one or two like there were in the beginning, there are a lot more. I would love to get electrolysis for my hair, but for now I just use the "Smooth Away" and tweezers.
BekkaPoo
BekkaPoo

http://suprnatural.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybird 10th March 2011, 1:45 pm

lol! and i thought i was the only one.

hehehehe
Ladybird
Ladybird

Back to top Go down

Post by JessiWantsCurls 10th March 2011, 7:58 pm

I had to pluck one a week or two and I'm only 26. I was NOT a happy camper.
JessiWantsCurls
JessiWantsCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by yldthng 10th March 2011, 8:42 pm

Whiskas all over the place up in here. lol!
yldthng
yldthng

Back to top Go down

Post by CherryWill_1 10th March 2011, 9:12 pm

i had my first one when i was 12!
im 17 now and i'm continuously at war with them ....smh

CherryWill_1

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 10th March 2011, 10:47 pm

I never saw a woman with chin hairs until my high school bus driver, then my grandma (dad's side). My mother and aunts are all clear - I rebuke that demon! lol
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by CarlaAR 11th March 2011, 1:02 am

I started growing those suckers in my teens, so I have no sympathy for you! LOL

I'm constantly plucking. Sometimes I just shave those suckers in the shower...smh
CarlaAR
CarlaAR

Back to top Go down

Post by infamous doll 11th March 2011, 1:24 am

They are rampant in my family. All the women have them in my immediate family. I have had these little suckers since I was in my early 20's. And they do grow like wildfire. Speaking of, I feel them coming in, TIME TO SHAVE! UGH!!!!!
infamous doll
infamous doll

Back to top Go down

Post by krys419 11th March 2011, 3:11 am

Had them since 16. But did you reaaally have to show the pic? I'm on my monthly starting today and everything makes me nauseated

lol

krys419

Back to top Go down

Post by yldthng 11th March 2011, 11:38 am

krys315 wrote:Had them since 16. But did you reaaally have to show the pic? I'm on my monthly starting today and everything makes me nauseated

lol

LOL. Girl, it's a couple chin hairs.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
yldthng
yldthng

Back to top Go down

Post by fuzzypuff 11th March 2011, 11:44 am

I am 30, and got 3 chin hairs right after the birth of my son......and 2 on my NECK. Try plucking a @#$& hair out of your NECK. That ish HURTS!!!!! affraid
fuzzypuff
fuzzypuff

Back to top Go down

Post by luvinlife225 11th March 2011, 12:13 pm

Pluck?? Ha! I wish that's all I had to do! Its all about the razor over her for about 11 yrs. Thank goodness I'm blessed with a husband who does't give me the side eye when I'm in the mirror shaving with him. Laughing
luvinlife225
luvinlife225

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next