CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oils Oils and more oils!

+14
adiaha
natural83
NaturalNixon
sweetdrk1
RoseNaturalBeauty
Pinkrage
loveself247
labon10
NylaCoils
CurlyCaramelCutie
cutephantasm
NubieNatty
tiashaunteé
p_nuttie43
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Oils Oils and more oils! - Page 2 Empty Re: Oils Oils and more oils!

Post by RoseNaturalBeauty 8th December 2009, 9:40 am

natural83 wrote:I think I may want to try the Peppermint Oil as well as the Castor Oil! I hear Castor Oil is good and makes your hair grow as well. Have any of you had any good/bad experiences with Castor Oil??? And at what point do you use it....while your hair is wet? Dry? Damp? Just curious because I've never used it!

You can use it on your hair wet, dry, or it up to you.....if you do your bantu knots or twist while your hair is soaking wet, then you can put it on your hair before you start......Castor oil is an excellent oil, very protective for the hair!
RoseNaturalBeauty
RoseNaturalBeauty

http://www.koilsbynature.com

Back to top Go down

Post by adiaha 9th December 2009, 2:34 am

I have a question about coconut oil, does it only come in the solid form or is there a liquid form that you guys use for hair. Ive only seen solid coconut oil. Do u just emusify it when needed?
adiaha
adiaha

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 9th December 2009, 10:48 am

adiaha wrote:I have a question about coconut oil, does it only come in the solid form or is there a liquid form that you guys use for hair. Ive only seen solid coconut oil. Do u just emusify it when needed?

The one that you are seeing is the same thing. Coconut oil solidifies when it's cool and turns into a liquid form when it warms
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by RoseNaturalBeauty 9th December 2009, 11:52 am

Good morning!! If you put the coconut oil under hot water for a few minutes it will turn in to a liquid....coconut oil solidifies at room temperature and that's how you know you have pure coconut oil with no additives :-)

tiashauntee wrote:
adiaha wrote:I have a question about coconut oil, does it only come in the solid form or is there a liquid form that you guys use for hair. Ive only seen solid coconut oil. Do u just emusify it when needed?

The one that you are seeing is the same thing. Coconut oil solidifies when it's cool and turns into a liquid form when it warms
RoseNaturalBeauty
RoseNaturalBeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Pinkrage 9th December 2009, 12:01 pm

Is their a castor oil that smells good? All of the castor oil products that I have seen doesn't smell good.
Pinkrage
Pinkrage

http://www.fotki.com/pinkrage

Back to top Go down

Post by RoseNaturalBeauty 9th December 2009, 12:03 pm

Nope!!! And that's one of the main reaseon why I dont use it! You could put some bergamot or lemon oill in it....but that is the just the scent castor oil has [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
RoseNaturalBeauty
RoseNaturalBeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by makeupvixen 9th December 2009, 1:10 pm

Since I'm a bad product junkie I took my old oils and mix them together with my new natural oils to make a Great Oil for my hair after conditioning.

Old:
Lisa's Hair Elixir
Jojoba Oil
Tui Oil
EVOO

New:
Shea Oil
Black Jamaican Castor Oil
Avacado Oil

How to use:
I combined them all in a cheap spray bottle and I spritz it on my hair after deep conditioning 1x week. I wear a plastic heat bag on my heat and wrap it with a scarf, go to sleep. In the morning I have deep nourished hair for the winter, it's so hydrated and not greasy at all. I had add my home made creams (Shea butter, aloe vera, avacado butter, mango butter, mix with jamacian black castor oil and pomade) to my ends as a pomade and if I wear a ponytail I add it wear the scrunchie will be tied. Spray on some Rosewater-Aloe Vera-Silk Amino Acid blend and go.

To Date: 4 inches of growth in 3 months!

(plus I'm drinking water and taking vitamins)

If any breakage occured I use a deep protein regimen. Sometimes Henna and sometimes SAA with Wheat Protein, stops the breakage immediatley and boosts growth. (Protein was recommended by the ladies on this board, THANK YOU)

Last edited by makeupvixen on 9th December 2009, 1:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
makeupvixen
makeupvixen

http://makeupvixen.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by makeupvixen 9th December 2009, 1:12 pm

Pinkrage: I tried the new Lavander Jamaican Black Castor Oil and it isn't really bad. It doesn't have that smokey nutty wood smell like the orginal, it's more floral.

I will sometimes add my own essential oil (EO) like Patcholli (spelling) to my oil and I get tons of compliments all day on my scent.
makeupvixen
makeupvixen

http://makeupvixen.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by missmoni4x4 15th December 2009, 9:29 am

Pinkrage wrote:Is their a castor oil that smells good? All of the castor oil products that I have seen doesn't smell good.

I used the $2 castor oil from Walmart. It's pretty much odorless but might be lacking some of the benefits people purchase the Jamaican black castor oil for. IDK ? I saw someone with beautiful shiny hair and she used the clear castor oil, not the Jamaican black one. So I tried the one from walmart! Lol I used it around the edges of my face & smell nothing. Smile
missmoni4x4
missmoni4x4

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 15th December 2009, 10:55 am

I got my castor oil from Walgreens and it doesn't have a smell either. I mixed it with sweet almond oil and it's still odorless.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by Miz B 15th December 2009, 2:20 pm

I've used the JBCO-Jamaican Black Castor Oil/with lavender scent on dry hair and my edges, and I have noticed my edges growing! Castor oil is a bit heavy so a little goes a long way.
Miz B
Miz B

Back to top Go down

Post by RoseNaturalBeauty 15th December 2009, 2:56 pm

Castor Oils is EXCELLENT for hair growth and raw oats!! I use castor oil on my edges too! Recommended by my stylist.....my edges fell out after I had my son....I got an epidural!!! Boooooooooo!!! (lol)
RoseNaturalBeauty
RoseNaturalBeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 15th December 2009, 2:57 pm

koilsbynature wrote:Castor Oils is EXCELLENT for hair growth and raw oats!! I use castor oil on my edges too! Recommended by my stylist.....my edges fell out after I had my son....I got an epidural!!! Boooooooooo!!! (lol)

Are you saying that an epidural causes hair loss?
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by p_nuttie43 15th December 2009, 3:38 pm

So i recieved my butters n bars shea butter, peppermint and avocado oils. The smell of the shea butter is WAY different than the whole foods store bought brand i had. SO now i need to figure out what oils can i mix with it to make it smell less.... woody and more sweet.

also i was wondering is there an oil that is vanilla like that can be added... anyone know?
p_nuttie43
p_nuttie43

Back to top Go down

Post by Cygnet 31st January 2010, 11:02 pm

Okay, I have an oil question, too. I'm looking for gardenia essential oil.

Raleigh People: Where do you buy essential oils locally?

Everybody who can answer: What online vendors do you patronize to buy your essential oils? How are their shipping costs?

Here's my story: For Christmas, my mom gave me something called Monoi de Tahiti. Historically, it is coconut oil in which gardenia flowers have been soaked for a long time so the oils from the flowers are infused into the coconut oil. The preparation I have is NOT pure Monoi de Tahiti; rather it is a mineral oil concoction made in France by Yves Rocher that is 50% monoi (I learned from a web site that "monoi" means "sacred oil"). The product ingredients, as listed, are coconut oil, tiaré (gardenia) flower, mineral oil, parfum, tocopheryl acetate (vitamin E), and butylparaben. Of course, I only saw the hype on the box at first, which is why I was so enthusiastic when I saw it.

Anyway, I was also running low on coconut and olive oils. I rarely use olive oil in my hair, but when I do, I usually mix it with an equal portion of coconut oil as a part of a conditioning mix. So I decided that I would substitute the commercialized monoi for the olive oil and thus stretch out my last little bit of coconut oil in my mix. Well, not only have I had no ill effects, but the smell is absolutely wonderful!

Thing is, after researching to find where I might purchase more monoi, and actually discovering a company that makes it, and several sites that sell the product from said company, including Amazon, I determined that for what it might cost to buy monoi (product cost plus shipping) from any of these vendors, I might more easily purchase coconut oil, then purchase gardenia oil separately, and mix them together to my satisfaction. It won't be Monoi de Tahiti, strictly speaking, but for the reasons I use it, it'll do me very well. I'm already planning a coconut oil run to Whole Foods this week; I'd also like to find someplace to buy the gardenia oil. Your help is humbly requested and greatly appreciated.

Cygnet

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 31st January 2010, 11:22 pm

Cygnet wrote:Raleigh People: Where do you buy essential oils locally?

Whole Foods, Vitamin Shoppe and GNC. I shop around for sales. There is also a store in Northgate Mall that I like, I try to visit there when I have time.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2