CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why did I buy scissors

3 posters

Go down

Why did I buy scissors Empty Why did I buy scissors

Post by rvalent2 14th November 2010, 2:08 pm

Hi fellow curlys....

We'll here's my short story. I last relaxed May 09. Found this website in Oct. 10. I went to my salon, I had a LBC on Nov. 5. I was still itching to cut my hair a little shorter. I had a little over an 1inc of perm ends left. So i'm in California on a business trip, went to Rite Aid store and proceeded to what i call trim my on ends. Verdict, I trimmed to much of my permed ends and ended up with now all natural hair and a twa. I haven't told my significant other yet. Called my grandma and she advised me that hey you don't tell a man everything.. I'm like i don't think i can hide this one....... Sad Sad
rvalent2
rvalent2

Back to top Go down

Why did I buy scissors Empty Re: Why did I buy scissors

Post by ReRe71 14th November 2010, 4:15 pm

rvalent2: I did the same thing....I just woke up one morning and proceeded to chop my hair off (my last relaxer was in Feb 10 and I BC on Sept 19). You are probably in a state of shock right now (as I was...LOL). I remember that I was terried to leave the house the next day for work (I chopped on a Sunday)....but everyone absolutely loved my hair, which gave me confidence.

All you can do now is embrace it. Get your staple products (cleanser, moisturizer, sealer, styler) and rock that twa! There will be a lot of trial and error with different products but I think that's what makes this journey even more interesting!
ReRe71
ReRe71

Back to top Go down

Post by rvalent2 14th November 2010, 11:50 pm

Thanks ReRe71....

I'm still searching for my staple products... I find out that my hair is dry after a several hours.... It does look cute.... So i'm going to continue perm roller set and try to twist....
rvalent2
rvalent2

Back to top Go down

Post by firety47 15th November 2010, 2:35 am

WOW! I just did this myself. I took the scissors to my head and I now have a TWA, i guess. Well my ends are still a lil straight-ish from when I was using the flat irons but I have cut all the relaxed hair off. not sure what to do now tho.
firety47
firety47

Back to top Go down

Post by ReRe71 15th November 2010, 3:49 pm

rvalent2 and firety47:You will have dry hair initially (this seems to be the norm for all new twa's), but the key is to keep your hair moisturized. Water is my best friend (internally and on your scalp). My regimen consist of co-washing with HEHH/Totally Twisted, KCKT or Giovanni Direct as my leave-in, sealing with EVOO or EVCO, and styling with KCCC (I really love olive oil ecostyler, but with the cold weather my hair gets too dry). I just do wash n go's right now, but did my first two strand twist last night and wearing a twistout today...not bad for my first try Smile.
ReRe71
ReRe71

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down