CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shears vs. Scissors

2 posters

Go down

Shears vs. Scissors Empty Shears vs. Scissors

Post by NappilyBeautiful 26th March 2010, 1:47 pm

I have BC for a week and am experiencing dry frizzy hair with lack of definition after my hair dries in the morning. Here is my regimen:
-Cowash with Hello Hydration or Totally Twisted
-SheaMoisture leave in
-Olive-Oil to seal
-Eco-Styler to define

After I BC'd I went to a Barber to shape my hair and he used shears on my side and back, do you think that caused frizziness?

I don't know if hair typing helps with the answer, but I think my hair is 3c/4a/4b (honestly I don't really know)
NappilyBeautiful
NappilyBeautiful

Back to top Go down

Shears vs. Scissors Empty Re: Shears vs. Scissors

Post by swoodward 5th April 2010, 11:39 pm

If the shears were very sharp you should be fine and just need a little time. I see spirals in your picture.

The first week is rough - your hair goes through an adjustment period and it may take time to go from frizz to curl. I am only 2 + weeks myself and I know what you mean. Question, how are you with twists? I read that twists helped keep moisture in and that was how several ladies made it. (March BC's topic?) I have twisted at night at least 70% so I got a style and moisture. Twists are possible on short hair too and I think your hair is long enough. If not - there is also the baggy method.

I think it takes at least a month to for your hair to start holding on to moisture on it's own and you have to be right on top of it. I am still waiting.

If you get a day off, try a fancy scarf over moisturized hair for a whole day for a rest. No combs or piks. I had to cowash every day during week one but am backing off now.

There are several wonderful posts about this on CN so I would also try searches.
swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down