CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vatika Oil + cold weather = congealed oil

+7
Alanija
moonchild
Choctaw
letha
Carolinagurl
Naturally Esq
naturalchic
11 posters

Go down

Vatika Oil + cold weather = congealed oil Empty Vatika Oil + cold weather = congealed oil

Post by naturalchic 9th November 2010, 11:33 pm

Hello curlies,

i wanted to know what your process is during winter time to warm up your Vatika Oil?? I have recently been experiencing the solidifying of the coconut oil. Currently i run hot water on it but still no luck, so i am definitely missing my oil. Please help!!

Thanks
naturalchic
naturalchic

Back to top Go down

Vatika Oil + cold weather = congealed oil Empty Re: Vatika Oil + cold weather = congealed oil

Post by Naturally Esq 10th November 2010, 12:04 am

I heat a small cup of water in the microwave for about 90 seconds. I take the cup of water out of the microwave and set my spray bottle container of Vatika oil (I keep some from the original bottle in a spray bottle) in it for a couple of minutes.
HTH
Naturally Esq
Naturally Esq

Back to top Go down

Vatika Oil + cold weather = congealed oil Empty Re: Vatika Oil + cold weather = congealed oil

Post by Carolinagurl 10th November 2010, 5:02 am

What I do is keep my bottle on top of my cable box in my bedroom. Bootleg but effective Very Happy
Carolinagurl
Carolinagurl

Back to top Go down

Post by letha 10th November 2010, 8:51 am

Using hot or water that is about to boil has worked for me.. What I do it but the water in a tall cup and sit the Vatika Oil in there and let it sit for about 30 min and that usually melts the oil
letha
letha

Back to top Go down

Post by Choctaw 10th November 2010, 9:44 am

The addition of sunflower and almond oil are stopping the coconut oil from congealing in an applicator bottle.

Choctaw

Back to top Go down

Post by moonchild 10th November 2010, 11:56 am

I agree with Choctaw; I recently mixed mine with jojoba and vitamin E (as an experiment and not more solidifying.

moonchild

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanija 10th November 2010, 2:15 pm

Oooh I have some jojoba and vit. e in the cabinet. I'm going to add some to my vatika, even though just sitting it in the sink with hot water melts it enough for me to use.
Alanija
Alanija

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturally Esq 10th November 2010, 5:01 pm

moonchild wrote:I agree with Choctaw; I recently mixed mine with jojoba and vitamin E (as an experiment and not more solidifying.

Thanks for the tip. How much jojoba and vitamin E did you add to how much Vatika oil ?
Naturally Esq
Naturally Esq

Back to top Go down

Post by moonchild 10th November 2010, 7:06 pm

I did a 1:1 ratio of a tablespoon each in a travel size container. I also added a few drops of peppermint oil to mask that Vatika smell (kind of)!

moonchild

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturally Esq 10th November 2010, 7:21 pm

I know what you mean about the "Vatika smell". Thanks!
Naturally Esq
Naturally Esq

Back to top Go down

Post by Sakura 10th November 2010, 7:56 pm

When I used Vatika oil I would set the bottle in the bathroom while I showered and It would melt enough for me to use. Or I would run it under hot water.

And of course the easy way that took me forever to think of is just to pop the bottle in the microwave for like 30 seconds. Smile
Sakura
Sakura

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 10th November 2010, 8:28 pm

I put the small bottle in a cup of hot water and sit it in the shower while I shower and that usually does the trick, but that won't work for the big bottle. I also have a small jar (travel sized) that I store a little in. Even though it's solid, I dip my finger in and apply to my scalp or ends like old school hair grease.
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by Sebastain13 10th November 2010, 9:00 pm

I jus sit the bottle of oil on the vent when the heat is on & let it melt that way
Sebastain13
Sebastain13

http://<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/">

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanija 12th November 2010, 3:32 pm

Moonchild thanks for the tip. I put some jojoba oil and vit. E in my vatika last night, checked on it this morning and it's not congealed!
Alanija
Alanija

Back to top Go down

Post by Neems 12th November 2010, 9:21 pm

I just got a 5 oz bottle of the Vatika oil for $1.50 so I'm super excited!
Neems
Neems

http://neemsnthings.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down