CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gummy buildup with Aubrey Organics anyone...?!?! (Organic users, please chime in..!)

5 posters

Go down

Gummy buildup with Aubrey Organics anyone...?!?! (Organic users, please chime in..!)  Empty Gummy buildup with Aubrey Organics anyone...?!?! (Organic users, please chime in..!)

Post by SherylsTresses 9th November 2010, 1:51 pm

Is it just me or is anyone else getting gummy buildup from using Aubrey Organics or any other organic product line?

Am I just using Aubrey Organics products improperly? I have been using AO products for maybe 4 months. Since then I’ve gotten gummy building which causes me to lose a lot of hair when I detangle. I’ve used the Green Tea clarifying poo once a month and the gummy buildup soon returns. I also get crunchy dried knots on my hair which is very hard to detangle even after saturating it with EVOO so sometimes I have to cut them out. I gave away all of my non-organic hair products some months ago. So this past weekend, I purchased and used Nexxus Therappe and Humectress. I also used Roux Porosity Control as a final rinse to seal my ends and I used my Lacio Lacio leave-in mixed with EVOO. I prefer to use the organic products but with positive results. I have a nice stash of Aubrey Organics and Giovanna products purchased from Whole Foods and The Vitamin Shop.

Can anyone advise me on what I am possibly doing wrong? Maybe I should check the expiration dates? Should I not shampoo and DC in braids using organic products?

This is my regimen:
1. Finger-detangle with EVOO
2. Saturated hair with conditioner, EVOO, tea tree oil, peppermint oil and garlic powder
3. Detangle hair with very wide tooth comb
4. Plait hair in 6 loose sections with barrettes on ends; 2 front, 1 top, 3 back area
5. Shampoo with AO HSR in braids using shower comb to scrub scalp
6. Deep condition with Honeysuckle Rose/EVOO for 2 hours or overnight
7. Towel dry w/o disturbing position of detangled hair
8. Remove barrettes and finger detangle each section, then thoroughly rinse open loose hair
9. Apply Giovanni leave-in/EVOO
10. Airdry with part down middle into a braided ponytail
11. Moisturize as needed with aloe vera juice, Moisture Milks/EVOO

- Clarify:
Use Aubrey Organics Green Tea clarifying shampoo. Clarifying hair makes it easier to comb thru since it removes buildup. I clarify every six weeks and followup with AO GPB
SherylsTresses
SherylsTresses

Back to top Go down

Gummy buildup with Aubrey Organics anyone...?!?! (Organic users, please chime in..!)  Empty Re: Gummy buildup with Aubrey Organics anyone...?!?! (Organic users, please chime in..!)

Post by FalconTress 9th November 2010, 7:14 pm

Is it just me or is anyone else getting gummy buildup from using Aubrey Organics or any other organic product line?

Here's my experience:
I don't have a buildup problem when using Aubrey Organics(A/O)Products.
I use at least one of them each wash day.
I DC on dry hair (rotating GPB, Island Naturals, Honeysuckle Rose and White Camelia). I use the Aubrey Organics Blue Green Algae Mask as a DC once a month. I follow the DC with either the JAY or Evening Primrose & Lavender Shampoo. I apply another round of Aubrey Organics Conditioner(usually White Camelia to smooth) and rinse completely. I blot my hair then twist. It is soft, moisturized and does not have any product residue. I also use Burt's Bees Avocado Butter Pre-Shampoo Treatment every other week. It is heavy, but washes out when I rinse. I have also used Desert Essence Coconut Conditioner(love it) and Kiss My Face Whenever Conditioner(really like it), both products left my hair soft and moist.

Looking at your regimen, I would not isolate Aubrey Organics products as the only cause of your product buildup yet. I think it is layers of product (not excluding A/O). I see 5 applications of EVOO ( I don't know how much), plus Giovanni Leave-In, Aloe & Moisture Milks. Your hair/scalp may absorb all of that, mine would not and the first layer of EVOO may be keeping the conditioner from reaching your hair to aid in detangling. Maybe you could use the Green Tea Rinse more often ( I say that based upon the ingredients).

The Blue Green Algae Mask and the White Camelia Conditioner have eliminated my wash day tangles. I can style without a leave-in. I only have tangles when I leave my hair twisted more than 2 days without moisturizing. I recently began to apply the kimmaytube leave-in for moisture. Before that I would apply an oil (Macadamia is my favorite so far) and put a touch of Jane Carter Nourish and Shine on my ends to seal.

I hope that you find a solution. Your hair in your pic is lovely.

FalconTress

Back to top Go down

Gummy buildup with Aubrey Organics anyone...?!?! (Organic users, please chime in..!)  Empty Re: Gummy buildup with Aubrey Organics anyone...?!?! (Organic users, please chime in..!)

Post by SherylsTresses 10th November 2010, 10:51 am

@FalconTress
Thanks sooo much for your response...!!!
SherylsTresses
SherylsTresses

Back to top Go down

Post by Epiphany 10th November 2010, 12:38 pm

I have a question...

Why DC on dry hair? I noticed that on the instructions and thought it was strange.

Epiphany

Back to top Go down

Post by NaptownCurls 10th November 2010, 4:26 pm

I'd also like to hear about DCing on dry hair. I've heard this before and curious as to the benefits of hair being dry vs. wet/damp, and wondering if its done after shampooing and air drying hair, etc. Thanks!
NaptownCurls
NaptownCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by kekesmum 11th November 2010, 3:59 pm

The other thing to look at is the quantity of the natural/organic products you are using at a time. I fell victim to this in the beginning and still do sometimes because I used other products for so long. You don't need to use as much of the organic products as you do non-organic to get the same results. Most products you need a very small amount, so make you sure you don't have too much.

kekesmum

Back to top Go down

Post by SherylsTresses 11th November 2010, 8:13 pm

@kekesmum
Thanks for your advice

@Epiphany
@Naptowncurls
I too would like to know.....
SherylsTresses
SherylsTresses

Back to top Go down

Post by FalconTress 15th November 2010, 12:08 am

Why DC on dry hair? I noticed that on the instructions and thought it was strange.

I do not have a scientific explanation, I just follow the instructions.
The only reason I can think of is that perhaps the product is formulated to work best when applied directly to the hair undiluted. Hair has a finite volume that it can absorb(saturation). If you wet your hair before applying conditioner, it is absorbing water first, then conditioner.
Just my thoughts.

FalconTress

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down