CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AUBREY ORGANICS

+8
BlondeByDesire
Curly Film Chick
kinksncoils
dajewel
traveljunkie08
NylaCoils
bella gee
Miz B
12 posters

Go down

AUBREY ORGANICS Empty AUBREY ORGANICS

Post by Miz B 13th December 2009, 10:27 pm

Okay, I've tried both Aubrey Organics products-GPB Balancing Conditioner and Honeysuckle Rose Conditioner. I was expecting a WOW, but the results were just okay. I did an overnight deep condition with the Honeysuckle Rose with a little olive oil. I mean it didn't make my hair hard, I just didn't experience any significant change with my hair once I rinsed it out. The same with the GPB Protein conditioner, felt about the same. I was hoping these could be my holy grail, but NOT.
I really don't want to be a PJ because it can get expensive as both of these conditions cost between $8-$10 at wholefoods. Right now in my natural journey (long term transitioner) no perm since May 2008, the only staple products I'm going to keep using are:

Eco Styler Olive Oil Gel-love it
Giovanni Direct Leave In-love it
Oyin Honey Hemp-nice
JBCO-Jamaican Black Castor Oil-great
Deva Curl Set It Free-love it
Herbal Essence/Hello Hydration-love it-better than Suave!

I guess what's missing is a great DEEP CONDITIONER. I have used Patene Deep Conditioner and it was better than Honeysuckle Rose. Any suggestions??

Sincerely- A Broke Product Junkie!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Miz B
Miz B

Back to top Go down

AUBREY ORGANICS Empty Re: AUBREY ORGANICS

Post by bella gee 13th December 2009, 10:55 pm

sorry to hear that it didnt work for you, AOHSR is my HG. But hey everything doesnt work the same for everybody.

What are you looking for in a deep conditioner?
bella gee
bella gee

http://public.fotki.com/BellaGee/

Back to top Go down

Post by Miz B 13th December 2009, 11:07 pm

thanks, yeah you're right! this is what i'm learning, everyone's hair craves certain things. i just don't wanna go broke trying to figure it out! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] uuuum...what i'm looking for in a deep condition? i would hope moisture and softness. right now i'm experiencing alot of shedding, that could be for many reasons. i don't think i will be purchasing any new products. your hair is awesome! how long have you been natural?
Miz B
Miz B

Back to top Go down

Post by NylaCoils 13th December 2009, 11:11 pm

You may wish to visit this site: http://www.herbsforhairloss.com/

It has alot of good advice.
NylaCoils
NylaCoils

http://coilyencounters.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by bella gee 13th December 2009, 11:20 pm

Miz B wrote:thanks, yeah you're right! this is what i'm learning, everyone's hair craves certain things. i just don't wanna go broke trying to figure it out! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] uuuum...what i'm looking for in a deep condition? i would hope moisture and softness. right now i'm experiencing alot of shedding, that could be for many reasons. i don't think i will be purchasing any new products. your hair is awesome! how long have you been natural?

Thanks, Ive been natural since 2005.

I know what you mean about going broke, when I first went natural I definitely spent a LOT of money trying things! Im not sure if you are into products with mostly natural ingredients but Redken Real Control Intense Renewal Moisturizing Mask, Jessicurl Weekly Deep Treatment, Joico Intense Hydrator, as well as Joico K-PAk Deep Penetrating Reconstructor (if youre looking for protein) are all good.

Im sure more people will post with more recs.
bella gee
bella gee

http://public.fotki.com/BellaGee/

Back to top Go down

Post by Miz B 13th December 2009, 11:36 pm

@NylaColis-thanks for the info, I will check it out!
Miz B
Miz B

Back to top Go down

Post by Miz B 13th December 2009, 11:40 pm

ooooh-I remember using Joico when I was relaxed and it was great! May have to go back:) I think I had Jessicurl Weekly Deep treatment on my list but somehow I got overwhelmed with what to try! I'm going to keep track of how my hair reacts to certain products. I may need protein because I don't eat red meat. Thanks again curlies!
Miz B
Miz B

Back to top Go down

Post by traveljunkie08 14th December 2009, 12:01 am

I kinda felt the same way. I do really like GPB, but HSR was just okay. I think I might like White Camelia (sp?) better.

@MizB: Have you thought about taking a cheapie condish like Suave Tropical Coconut and adding olive oil and honey to it? Towards the end of my transition, I did that and I had great success with it. It is very inexpensive. As a matter of fact, after I'm done doing all this experimenting, I think I'm going to go back to that (and ORS Replenishing Paks).
traveljunkie08
traveljunkie08

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 14th December 2009, 12:13 am

i noticed the more i used aohr as a co-wash, the more of a wow factor i had. then again, the wow factor prolly is because of my added dc.
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by kinksncoils 14th December 2009, 12:27 am

I tried the AOHSR yesterday for the first time too, and wasn't very impressed. Today, my hair was kind of hard actually. I dont' know why. I may give it a couple more tries but I was expecting soft hair afterwards but the next day that was not the case.

kinksncoils

Back to top Go down

Post by Miz B 14th December 2009, 2:05 pm

@traveljunkie-i do have some suave coconut conditioner but that's just OKAY TOO! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] i actually like herbal essence hello hydration better. i've never tried to add honey; i've added olive oil to many of my conditioners. thanks! i will try adding honey and see what happens.
Miz B
Miz B

Back to top Go down

Post by Curly Film Chick 14th December 2009, 2:11 pm

Yesterday I used AOHR as a deep conditioner with coconut oil and honey and my hair felt fantastic. Alone, not so much...
Curly Film Chick
Curly Film Chick

http://www.quirkycurlyfilmchick.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 14th December 2009, 2:56 pm

I have the AOHSR and didn't have the wow factor either. Right now I'm using it on dry hair with olive oil as an overnight DC - I need to use it up. I was told to try the White Camilla (which I have yet to purchase) but it's on my list. I keep walking past the honey in the supermarket - I need to just go ahead and pick some up. I'm color treated and need to keep my hair moisturized.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by Miz B 14th December 2009, 4:09 pm

@BlondeByDesire-Thats a good idea! Yeah, I need to use mine up too, no need in wasting money! I can use it on dry hair as an overnight and include honey and olive oil. I agree, since you are color treated condition, condition, condition is key.
Miz B
Miz B

Back to top Go down

Post by missmoni4x4 15th December 2009, 9:10 am

I tried the honey suckle rose & it left my hair feeling hard & straight (tried as rinse out & deep conditioner).. I also tried the white camelia shampoo & conditioner which left my hair feeling worse & dryer than the honey suckle rose.

The most moisturizing conditioner I've tried yet was V05 Moisture Milks - $1.
missmoni4x4
missmoni4x4

Back to top Go down

Post by traveljunkie08 15th December 2009, 2:28 pm

For those of you that really like AO conditioners, how do you use it? Do you use it on dry hair before you co-wash, after you co-wash or as a co-wash? I'm just wondering if how you use it makes a different in its performance...
traveljunkie08
traveljunkie08

Back to top Go down

Post by mitchellzee 22nd December 2009, 3:33 am

I recently purchased the AO HSR conditioner to use as a deep conditoner after a bentonite clay mask on my scalp and hair. I applied it after the mask with a cap and sat under my dryer for about 25 min's. I noticed a difference in my hair texture (softness; I'm pretty sure this also had to do with the clay). About 4 days later tried again in the shower after detangling with suave coconut. I rinsed w/ cold water but left a little in; again pretty soft. I might try some of the other AO conditioners when I'm done with this one. Not sure if I'm in love with the smell.

Last edited by mitchellzee on 22nd December 2009, 3:36 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : additional comment)
mitchellzee
mitchellzee

http://www.curlyincolorado.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 22nd December 2009, 3:27 pm

traveljunkie08 wrote:For those of you that really like AO conditioners, how do you use it? Do you use it on dry hair before you co-wash, after you co-wash or as a co-wash? I'm just wondering if how you use it makes a different in its performance...

I use AO White Camellia, Island Naturals and Honeysuckle Rose as leave in conditioners. I have used GPB on both dry and wet hair for protein. I love them all. My hair loves thick, creamy moisturizers.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by traveljunkie08 23rd December 2009, 1:32 am

ChrsLvsBks wrote:
traveljunkie08 wrote:For those of you that really like AO conditioners, how do you use it? Do you use it on dry hair before you co-wash, after you co-wash or as a co-wash? I'm just wondering if how you use it makes a different in its performance...

I use AO White Camellia, Island Naturals and Honeysuckle Rose as leave in conditioners. I have used GPB on both dry and wet hair for protein. I love them all. My hair loves thick, creamy moisturizers.

Hmm...I'll put that on my list of things to try!
traveljunkie08
traveljunkie08

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 23rd December 2009, 1:33 am

i haven't tried it on dry hair. i use it to co-wash and a deep conditioner.
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by sewdope 17th March 2010, 12:28 pm

i absolutely LOVE this product as a detangler and leave-in. i can't wait to try it as a DC. question..... does anyone know where to get this for a discounted price. i really love this product so i don't mind paying $8-10 for it but if you have a resource please share. THANK YOU ladies! Smile
sewdope
sewdope

http://members.fotki.com/sewdope

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down