CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Defining curls on dry hair??? Is it at all possible???

+10
jeanlouisangel
AimWard
j. kinky
Naturally Esq
Renny
MsKayDee
NappilyBeautiful
krazy coils
kelleemudiva
IJustWannaKnow2
14 posters

Go down

Defining curls on dry hair??? Is it at all possible??? Empty Defining curls on dry hair??? Is it at all possible???

Post by IJustWannaKnow2 9th November 2010, 10:29 am

I have 4a/b with 3c throughout my hair.
It's getting colder now; I don't want to have to wet my hair every time I leave the house, in order to have some defined, gelled curls. I've used the KCCC but I have to wet my hair first! I've used ECO but I have to wet my hair first!
ISN'T THERE ANY PRODUCT OUT THERE IN THE SEA OF NATURAL-HAIRCARE-DOM THAT WILL DEFINE CURLS WITHOUT HAVING TO SOAK YOUR HAIR FIRST?

TIA.

IJustWannaKnow2

Back to top Go down

Defining curls on dry hair??? Is it at all possible??? Empty Re: Defining curls on dry hair??? Is it at all possible???

Post by kelleemudiva 9th November 2010, 1:57 pm

I am currently dealing with the same situation. What I have started doing is during the week when I have to go to work I will just throw my second day refresher in my bag and spray my hair when I get to work to prevent walking out with wet hair. On the weekend which is usually washday, I make sure I get up early enough to get my hair out of the way so that when I leave the house my hair is almost dry. I currently use the eco styler and the Curls Creme Brule when I cowash and stlye and refresh for about 4 days.
kelleemudiva
kelleemudiva

Back to top Go down

Defining curls on dry hair??? Is it at all possible??? Empty Re: Defining curls on dry hair??? Is it at all possible???

Post by IJustWannaKnow2 9th November 2010, 2:03 pm

Yeah I have my routine too for when I get to work but I can't whip out my spray bottles and my arsenal at work 'cause it takes too long to style my hair then have it dry WHILE I'M IN THE BR STALL so people won't see me trying to whip my hair into shape, then going to my desk with a wet head - after all that!
I need a "put this in your hair while it's dry - STYLE -voila - then off you go" pomade/gel/butter/creme SUMPIN'...

IJustWannaKnow2

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 9th November 2010, 2:10 pm

Coilskinkscurls has two vids on youtube which she used the Donna Marie Miracurl jelly and Ecostyler to do a wash n go on dry hair. Her curls were really defined.
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by NappilyBeautiful 9th November 2010, 7:18 pm

To piggyback of what is mentioned above. I do my wash and go on Monday and put a little too much gel in on purpose. This allows me to "stretch" the style until Friday by using a spray bottle in the morning. I usually spray my hair before getting in the shower. By the time I leave for work, I'm good.
NappilyBeautiful
NappilyBeautiful

Back to top Go down

Post by MsKayDee 10th November 2010, 1:25 am

If u rub together water and 100% pure aloe gel in your hand and apply to your hair it does well as a refresher without having to saturate your hair and it will mostly dry before you leave the house provided you do it in advance
MsKayDee
MsKayDee

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 14th November 2010, 12:59 pm

kelleemudiva wrote:I am currently dealing with the same situation. What I have started doing is during the week when I have to go to work I will just throw my second day refresher in my bag and spray my hair when I get to work to prevent walking out with wet hair. On the weekend which is usually washday, I make sure I get up early enough to get my hair out of the way so that when I leave the house my hair is almost dry. I currently use the eco styler and the Curls Creme Brule when I cowash and stlye and refresh for about 4 days.

I have a bottle of my refresher at the office for days like that.
Renny
Renny

http://www.rhondamcknight.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturally Esq 14th November 2010, 5:46 pm

Have you tried Giovanni Hair Styling Foam? It is wet but dries in minutes.
Naturally Esq
Naturally Esq

Back to top Go down

Post by j. kinky 15th November 2010, 3:08 am

easy as pie. my hair is the same as urs. Use aussie moist and make sure ur hands are wet when braiding or twisting ur hair. I did it and my ringlets didnt go away for a whole 7 days...no afo puff by day 3 lol!!! lovin it
j. kinky
j. kinky

Back to top Go down

Post by AimWard 15th November 2010, 5:47 am

IJustWannaKnow2 wrote:I have 4a/b with 3c throughout my hair.
It's getting colder now; I don't want to have to wet my hair every time I leave the house, in order to have some defined, gelled curls. I've used the KCCC but I have to wet my hair first! I've used ECO but I have to wet my hair first!
ISN'T THERE ANY PRODUCT OUT THERE IN THE SEA OF NATURAL-HAIRCARE-DOM THAT WILL DEFINE CURLS WITHOUT HAVING TO SOAK YOUR HAIR FIRST?

TIA.

For me, the trick isn't in the product so much as it is in how I care for my hair when I go to bed @ night. I'm not sure how long your hair is but have you tried putting your hair into a few loose twists and tying it up with a scarf? I get 7 day hair every time I do this and I only have to wet my hair after about 3 or 4 days. And when I do wet it, I just spritz with a little water before I put it into my night time twists. In the morning my curls are smooth again.
So, basically I set my hair on wash day with KCCC. Every night I put my hair in 4 to 10 loose twists (I use more twists if I'm trying to make the style last longer), and I wrap with my satin scarf (if hair is a little fuzzy I spritz with water before I twist). In the morning, I take out the twists and fluff. No combing, finger combing or separating the curls and no water needed. Just fluff and go.
AimWard
AimWard

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanlouisangel 15th November 2010, 6:54 pm

Hey I Just Wanna Know, Are you talking about wash n go's or twists..Because I think we need clarification. The twists out can go without any water, we can all agree there. But wash n go's need refreshing typically with water, but just like Krazy Coils said, there are youtube vids on this by Coils kinks Curls..I believe the product is Donna Marie Mira Curl. She refreshes with the super butter cream. I have not tried the products myself, but I plan too..Blessings Smile
jeanlouisangel
jeanlouisangel

Back to top Go down

Post by cocoachanel 15th November 2010, 10:13 pm

You don't have to completely wet your hair in order to define your curls. I personally spritz my hair regularly to keep it moisturized. I often set my twists or bantu knots completely dry and when I'm finished I spritz my hair a little. It dries quickly and sets my hair in whatever curl/wave style I'm going for. This also helps to stretch.
cocoachanel
cocoachanel

http://perfectiongranted.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Emartini04 16th November 2010, 12:24 pm

I found out that I can re wet my hair every 3 days with evoo until then I can dry twist my hair at night.
Emartini04
Emartini04

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 16th November 2010, 10:12 pm

jeanlouisangel wrote:Hey I Just Wanna Know, Are you talking about wash n go's or twists..Because I think we need clarification. The twists out can go without any water, we can all agree there. But wash n go's need refreshing typically with water, but just like Krazy Coils said, there are youtube vids on this by Coils kinks Curls..I believe the product is Donna Marie Mira Curl. She refreshes with the super butter cream. I have not tried the products myself, but I plan too..Blessings Smile

And you can refresh the Miracurl with the Coca Hemp Styling Milk. That's what I use. I didn't have to refresh my hair everyday, but my hair just loves glycerin and it would keep it moist and it was humid in Atlanta. I'm not sure if I was somewhere where it wasn't as humid if I would have been able to not spray it or use the Coca Hemp.

Are we helping??? LOL.
Renny
Renny

http://www.rhondamcknight.net

Back to top Go down

Post by herstruggle 17th November 2010, 8:34 pm

[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/img]

I use africas best texture my way moisturizer and it gets my curlies to snappin! forgive the horrible graphics.. then i seal with hot six oil for an added shine!
herstruggle
herstruggle

https://facebook.com/devon.neal

Back to top Go down

Post by IJustWannaKnow2 18th November 2010, 4:37 pm

my hair is about long enough for some small twists - but when I take them out the next day they look like dookey twists - no definition - clumpy, no matter what the size.
I ordered some Oyin's brown sugar pomade and will mix that with the shine n define ans will see if that solves my daily challenge.

IJustWannaKnow2

Back to top Go down

Post by CarlaAR 1st December 2010, 3:57 am

I have used KCCC on bone dry 3rd day hair once and it worked very well. In fact I never used it on wet hair. I haven't used it since because I'm not a huge fan of stylers, but its good when I need my hair to "stay".

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
CarlaAR
CarlaAR

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down