CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Curls Products on 4A Hair

+5
Neems
Pinkrage
tiashaunteé
trpd123
BlakButterfli
9 posters

Go down

Curls Products on 4A Hair Empty Curls Products on 4A Hair

Post by BlakButterfli 9th July 2010, 12:46 am

Hey ladies. I received a sample of Curls Gel-les'e in the mail (I forgot I ordered a sample!)

Anyways, I've heard of Curls products but have never used them. Their site seems to be slanted towards those who are biracial and/or have 3A-C hair and even those with 2A-C hair.

Has anyone with 4A or 4B textured hair tried these products? If so, what were the pros/cons?

Thanks.
BlakButterfli
BlakButterfli

Back to top Go down

Curls Products on 4A Hair Empty Re: Curls Products on 4A Hair

Post by trpd123 9th July 2010, 9:55 am

I have tried the whole Curls line with the Whipped Creme styler for kinkier hair textures (I am also 4a). I found the line to be pretty decent for moisture. The Coconut Sublime conditioner is good. The moisture lasted about 2 days. But I didn't really care for it for any kind of hold with the Whipped creme. It just made my hair fluffy and smell good. Twist-outs and things were a bust. I'm not really into the quenched curls, too much glycerin. The Gel-les'e, I didn't care for. It made my curls extra tiny and Jerri-curlish looking. Their deep conditioner just sat on top of my hair. They no longer sell the Goddess Glaze, which was the only thing that I truly liked.

I tend to think that this line does lean toward looser or finer hair textures. I mean you can watch their Demo videos on their website and see her style different hair textures. The one with the kinkier hair didn't look too pleased. But this is just my opinion and experience with the line. It may just work for you, or you may be looking to get something different out of it than I was. But I think you are doing good to try samples first.
trpd123
trpd123

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 9th July 2010, 12:40 pm

tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Pinkrage 9th July 2010, 12:52 pm

It did nothing for my hair either. I am 4 a/b. I have both the curls gel les c and curl quencher. I am going to try them two more times before it goes into the swap pile.
Pinkrage
Pinkrage

http://www.fotki.com/pinkrage

Back to top Go down

Post by Neems 9th July 2010, 2:40 pm

I also tried the sample of curls Gel-les'e. I have 4a/4b hair that dries easily. It was alright. It gave my tiwsts and twist-out good hold but i think it was kinda of drying. I didn't buy a full size version becuase it was a so-so product along with expensive, imo.
Neems
Neems

http://neemsnthings.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by BlakButterfli 9th July 2010, 6:49 pm

Thanks ladies. I was afraid of the shrinkage/Jerry Curl look, as this is what KCCC does to my hair and this Curls product looks to have the same make-up.
BlakButterfli
BlakButterfli

Back to top Go down

Post by swoodward 11th July 2010, 1:15 pm

If you are looking for a stretched look, no, I think this would be better for setting with twists.

I use all of the products for styling except when doing a W&G. I think they are great for 4A hair but they no, they don't have the same effect as they do on looser textures. I mostly use them off label - I like the conditioner as a co-wash for clumping and conditioning. I use the Quenched Curls as a moisturizing spritz on retwisted sets to activate the curl pattern with in the twists and to give my moisturizers something to hold on to. I think the Curl Gel-S-c is ok but should still be layered with a more moisturizing product like QB's AOHC.

[/url]Check out Kimmaytube's vids - she IS a library!

Last edited by swoodward on 11th July 2010, 1:33 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : bad link)
swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

Post by specialone 18th July 2010, 2:18 pm

I HADTHE PERM CUT OUT OF MY HAIR THAT LEFT ME WITH 2 INCHES OF NATURAL HAIR. AFTER WATCHING THE VIDEOS I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW HOW CAN I PURCHASE THE PRODUCTS TO MAKE MY HAIR CURLY?

Last edited by specialone on 18th July 2010, 2:21 pm; edited 2 times in total

specialone

Back to top Go down

Post by swoodward 18th July 2010, 10:45 pm

specialone wrote:I HADTHE PERM CUT OUT OF MY HAIR THAT LEFT ME WITH 2 INCHES OF NATURAL HAIR. AFTER WATCHING THE VIDEOS I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW HOW CAN I PURCHASE THE PRODUCTS TO MAKE MY HAIR CURLY?

Sounds like you transitioned. What styles did you use? Did you straighten you roots to match the perm or set your perm to look curly?
swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

Post by jeca 19th July 2010, 3:05 am

I LOVE Curls whipped cream. The texture is great, the smell is yummy and the moisture level works very well with my hair type. I use it more for wash and go's.
jeca
jeca

Back to top Go down

Post by krys419 20th July 2010, 5:30 pm

tiashauntee
just thought i'd point out that I have those same earrings in your pic review.

And thanks for your feedback on the product. your hair looks nice though

krys419

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down